Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Here me out... because I think you are making a mistake DoF. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
DoF Moderator

Gwydion has fair reputation
Default Here me out... because I think you are making a mistake DoF.

(Generic statement of how much i love the game, people, etc. here)

That point across...I think you guys are REALLY making a big mistake aiming for city vs army pvp in one week. Don't get me wrong i have humans and elves already 100% done and orcs are getting near that too. So I would love something new to do just as any of the 'pro' players would.

However I think you guys should really be focusing on POLISH instead of city pvp. Do I say postpone city pvp for 2 months? Of course not maybe 2 or 3 weeks max? Yes.

Why? I really think you guys need to go and polish the game. By game I mean the stability, overall streamlined/smoothness, THE ENTIRE ORC RACE,and the pvp match-making is so bad most of us just don't bother since it usually ends in a disconnect/crash.

First off stability. If I had a 1 dollar bill for every time this game crashed I wouldn't look like im going to strip club... I'd look like the god damn stripper. This issue is rarer with elves and humans but with orcs its a friggin nightmare and its a wonder they have a playerbase AT ALL.

Second. It MIGHT be just me but some things in this game don't make sense.... I load up a city siege battle with MASSIVE amount of crap on my screen at the same time? No problem. I click view army on JUST my hero in rolling plains for example? So jittery it takes 15 minutes just to click the world map button to exit. Same with pvp... while my opponent is fighting me... so jittery at times we both go get a drink (lol!) but as soon as he disco's in defeat, BAM everything INSTANT streamlined like im running it like its supposed to run, and it's not the other guys ****ty computer making it lag because he had a better one than me.

Third. Don't take this as an insult or anything.. but honestly the orc race still feels like its in beta, no alpha... you literally cannot do one single thing as orcs from start to finish without it crashing... and quite frankly I think that moving on to something big like city vs player battles when 1/3 of your races and a very small but very devoted section of you player base has to deal with this almost feels insulting. If you somehow know that more than 90% of the orc problems will be fixed with the patch that brings "pvc" combat then that's more acceptable but right now any who's playing orcs is at a big disadvantage that doesn't even include balance, which i feel after maxing out all 3 races the orcs also get the crap end of the stick on.

Lastly pvp matchmaking. I'm kinda hungry so I'll make this short... when even the players who have NOTHING left to do would rather do repeatable quests than search for pvp because of all the sync issues, matchmaking, bug/ crashes , etc. Something is wrong.

To sum up this wall of text.

I think you guys NEED to polish for about a week maybe two more before releasing city combat especially for the orcs. While hammering down a matching making system that either A. Doesn't break every 5 minutes or B. When someone discos, they don't lose anything but the guy who attacked still gets a few paltry wealth points.. because to lose something of your army because there was a bug or sync error would be horrible. Pref A.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote: (Generic statement of how much i love the game, people, etc. here)

We think alike

Seriously though, I agree. It sounds like everyone is having massive bugging/glitching problems. These should get fixed before anything else.

Actually, I haven't even bought the game yet because of this . Maybe in a couple of weeks/months, all the bugs will be sorted out and the game will be nice and shiny.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation

I do agree that there are some performance issues that need to be worked on. Hell, I can't even load my main kingdom because it crashes. Thankfully the developers tell me that there will be a fix for that in tonight's patch. This video game even runs my GPU to ungodly temperatures. 90 degrees Celsius to be exact. No other game that I have played pushed my GPU like that and I have played some pretty graphical intensive games. Battlefield 3 comes to mind, sure it's only in beta, but it's far more advanced then Dawn of Fantasy. However, since I have started playing this game. There has been pretty much a patch every night. Would I like them to focus more on the performance of the game? Yes, but you have to give them time. Granted that I am a little disappointed in all the issues with the game right now, it still is a fun game.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Ok, i have to agree with this post..

I LOVE the game, But some real polish on the features and races (Specially orcs) would do wonders for me and for many players, Now i am really REALLY looking forward to player city sieges, i really am but given the choice between cleaning up these crashes and bugs and sieges, id have to say bug squashing.

The developers are doing a great job, patching everyday and keeping in close contact with the community, But i do feel the fixes, crashes and bugs should be the focus before we get the next big feature of the game.. Its very frustrating when these bugs and crashes happen for the players, especially new players who just bought the game. So if we could keep up the great work with the patches and fixes for a little longer before the big sieges that would be excellent.

But yea, this is just my opinion. As i say, this game is the first one to keep me up into the early hours in a long time Im not going anywhere either! We have a great community, The banter on forums and in game chat is superb, An the devs work hard. But yea.. bugs first is my hope in this situation.

I dont think there is a real big rush to get the big features out like sieges, Even if wed all love to see them.

Id like to hear everyones opinion on this also..

Hope my post doesnt sound to.. 'YOU MUST DO THIS!' i dont mean it to sound like that, Just my opinion on the matter...
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

SurfNinja has a default reputation

I would have to agree with you on this.
I lost the ability to play my main city for 6 hours this weekend because of a crash.
it has crashed on me again and not been able to play my city for coming up on 48 hours.
(2 days)

I don't want new features at this point in time, I just want to play a stable game with what I got.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Firetongue has a default reputation

Couldn't agree more with this thread, the PvP is horrible right now.

I've found players to fight in PvP battlest perhaps 150 times yet about 100 of these (2/3) there is some error before the battle even beginns, such as "could not connect to player" or "NBA Error"

In the remaining 50 half of them have went "Out of sync", or connection is lost with some other strange error message or alike, what i want to say is that currently only 1 out of 6 pvp matches works for me.

Also u realy have to fix the walls before you enable players to attack each others towns.

My walls right now is ******ed, i got 4 layers of walls, yes 4 layers. My city decided on it's own to build 2 wood walls right beside my stone walls, but that isn't the only problem, the oil cauldrons in the middle gate starts a fire on my own buildings when activated, my right gatehouse in the outer wall and the 2 towers on each side of it refuses to make cauldrons/mounted trebs on them, so when i build there they got placed on the side walls instead. 3 of my round towers says they have mounted trebbs on them when they don't. My left gatehouse in my outer wall cannot be entered or walked over with soldiers, this have made every part of wall and tower left of the gatehouse untill resently unreachable by my soldiers, now however then can get up there by using the wood wall towers, that are half inside of the stone wall. I am human - Forest by the way.

I got all these problems with my defences just in my own city, and i know i aint alone with this.

I can't see how city pvp can possibly be released with all these problems still remaining.

Last edited by Firetongue : 10-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetongue View Post
My walls right now is ******ed, i got 4 layers of walls, yes 4 layers. My city decided on it's own to build 2 wood walls right beside my stone walls, but that isn't the only problem, the oil cauldrons in the middle gate starts a fire on my own buildings when activated, my right gatehouse in the outer wall and the 2 towers on each side of it refuses to make cauldrons/mounted trebs on them, so when i build there they got placed on the side walls instead. 3 of my round towers says they have mounted trebbs on them when they don't. My left gatehouse in my outer wall cannot be entered or walked over with soldiers, this have made every part of wall and tower left of the gatehouse untill resently unreachable by my soldiers, now however then can get up there by using the wood wall towers, that are half inside of the stone wall. I am human - Forest by the way.
got same problems expt the 4 layer walls
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Polish will come with time but I bet they already have this castle PvP ready to roll and will just take a bit to implement. Don't get me wrong the game needs to be cleaned up but they still need to be throwing in some stuff we thought would be in release.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

I think the walls fix is comming in todays patch hopefully but i have to agree with the OP to some extent because the pvp match making is definitely not the best, might even be an idea to instead of having to search the surrounding area your armies in, maybe have some kind of pvp match list to whom you can currently pvp with in that area and select one thats of equal size or something like that.
The d-syncs are pretty bad, i even get dragged into pvp when im in the dragon region where there is supposed to be no way in hell to pvp as its a pvp free region lol... then where i click to fight, black screen, freeze, or i get player has left error... I do think the PvTowns out in a week might be rushing things a bit too quick to be honest also as there is a lot of things need fixing ect...
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
then where i click to fight, black screen, freeze, or i get player has left error...
I wish that was happening to me right now instead of being here trolling on the forums! xD