GOLD Decay?? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation
Default GOLD Decay??

For humans it seems like there is a storage issue where all your gold starts to decay soon as you reach above 3k gold, you'll start to get a -.3 or -5 and goes up from there. While in the dragon lands i have to spend the 10k gold i get other i'll end up loosing it all because of the gold decay for armies. It also decays in the home towns as well, even though i have like 1 horse carts, maxed out storage capacities and it still decays.

Is there a special thing you have to do in order to stop gold decay? not resource decay, that i can understand. Or is this a bug of some sort? is there a technology i've missed?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
For humans it seems like there is a storage issue where all your gold starts to decay soon as you reach above 3k gold, you'll start to get a -.3 or -5 and goes up from there. While in the dragon lands i have to spend the 10k gold i get other i'll end up loosing it all because of the gold decay for armies. It also decays in the home towns as well, even though i have like 1 horse carts, maxed out storage capacities and it still decays.

Is there a special thing you have to do in order to stop gold decay? not resource decay, that i can understand. Or is this a bug of some sort? is there a technology i've missed?
i think it's just 4.5k limit or something like that
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

i've got a -21 gold decay in my army right now and i only have 1200 gold
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakiller View Post
i've got a -21 gold decay in my army right now and i only have 1200 gold
oh on army it's normal. basically you need the capacity for gold as well.If you have say capacity of 1.2k and 1.5k gold,your gold will decay because your armies can't guard it all and the rest is getting stolen .
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 PM

XMAN has a default reputation

gold decay relate to your storage limit at that time. i don't agree with this mechanic. for me i think normally we keep gold separated from storage. it should keep in treasury and should keep more number than storage.

ps.imo
Old 10-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

well some players are stating they have 100s or 1ks of gold, and i just dont know how they are able to keep it all without it decaying.. in armies i'd expect it to decay to a point, but i think its not a great mechanic like Xman stated really.

I have no idea how to improve the storage as i maxed that out anyway..
Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 AM

Cukulen has a default reputation

I always make a point of having a few horse carts with me as their storage is 500 whereas a unit of say swordsman is 90.. so bascally when u select your army on the world map see the storeage capacity re next to the picture of some crates, that's your limit of gold before it starts decaying.. hope this helps!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

i thought that was storage of resources tho, not gold?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:57 AM

Cukulen has a default reputation

It's also your cap on how much gold your army can carry without stealing it.. literally try having.. 200 gold in a world map army consisting of one unit of swordsman etc it will start decaying..
Old 10-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

What's stated already is correct: The resource cap is a hard cap for resources and a 'soft' cap for gold. Gold is not limited by the resource cap and is not calculated towards the total amount of resources you have, but when the amount of gold exceeds your resource cap gold decay starts to kick in.

We went for this system as we needed to limit the amount of gold that could be stored so that the game economy wouldn't get completely messed up after a while. Including gold in the resource cap wouldn't have worked as you usually have a lot more gold than other resources. So baisicly your res cap would get filled with gold. Also we didn't want to add another cap for gold as there's really not much room in the GUIs (something that is not exactly trivial to change) and to not over complicate the system. Additionally we didn't want to make the gold cap a hard limit as that could prevent getting some quest rewards etc.

Personally I quite like the consept . It could be communicated better in the game though.