Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

royal drag from store needs a big boost - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation
Default royal drag from store needs a big boost

Ok so I have a lvl 6 royal dragon from store and I didn't even had to use my code, and right now honestly I find it kinda bad for 30 units.Right now having dwarf rifleman seems like a better idea than dragon because he is simply TOO weak in defense. I saw 2 lvl 1 cavalier formations damaging my dragon quite decent and that was 140 damage units. What if it was 6-7 formations lvl 7-8 instead?my dragon would have died in a matter of seconds.

What I suggest is an overall improvement for the royal dragon. When he levels he only gains 50 or 100 hp which is basically nothing. Also another issue related to dragon leveling is the fact his dragon fire skill doesn't adds kill and his aoe attack counts as 1 kill even if 4-5 units died. What I suggest for a dragon is an overall defense improvement. I checked his defense and he's horrible. his big 280 def comes from 255 fire defense and rest being melee and range def. I know he's not supposed to be overpowered but he isn't supposed to be weak neither
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Grand Master

Gongora has good reputation

you are right, Dragon is harshly weak, even if players had the npc stats of a dragon it still would not be OP. They are easy to kill in seconds with the right units and really is only useful for a siege unit, but for 30 unit slots its not near as useful as 30 sisge units itself...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the feedback guys, we`ll keep it in mind once we are working on the balancing next week.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongora View Post
you are right, Dragon is harshly weak, even if players had the npc stats of a dragon it still would not be OP. They are easy to kill in seconds with the right units and really is only useful for a siege unit, but for 30 unit slots its not near as useful as 30 sisge units itself...
not even Gongora. With cavalry dragons die in a matter of seconds but the funny thing is dragons are weak from pikes. That's even worse considering many armies have cavalry and pikes.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Could just make them respawn at the players city if they are killled, Would then justify the cost of 120 crowns. From what i saw their fireballs are pretty deadly.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 View Post
Could just make them respawn at the players city if they are killled, Would then justify the cost of 120 crowns. From what i saw their fireballs are pretty deadly.
actually that's the only deadly thing but if the fireball has the same damage as the ones from the npc,it won't hurt high level troops.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

yes dragons overall are way to easy to kill and don't do enough damge for thier cost/supply cost.

they need a very good boost as far as i can see.
also that fireball spell makes me mad sometimes i can see it miss but sometimes the animation just dissapears and i see no fire on the ground or whatsoever
Old 10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

They shouldnt make dragons respawn, i mean their powerful and they should be a investment and a risk. you can earn enought crowns by useing that very dragon to buy a new one anyway if they buff it in strenght properly.

a royal dragon should be a rare sight but it should be powerful enought to make a real difference in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
They shouldnt make dragons respawn, i mean their powerful and they should be a investment and a risk. you can earn enought crowns by useing that very dragon to buy a new one anyway if they buff it in strenght properly.

a royal dragon should be a rare sight but it should be powerful enought to make a real difference in my opinion.
um and how do you know they are powerful white?do you own one?I have one and he's WAY weaker than the NPC dragon which I kill in 5-6 seconds with 10 squads. So I rest my case.

Edit: Oh and right now they aren't an investment, they are a waste of wealth since I can do better with dwarven rifle and other regular units than I do with my royal dragon atm.

Last edited by andreicde : 10-05-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We are making Dragons take out less of the army population today, this should help.