Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PVP the AI - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Morteunious has a default reputation

though I haven't worked out all the intricate details, here's another possible issue that I think may cause problems-

Those huge armies take time to build, some of which maybe on the order of several days. If a player builds a 1500 army and loses the match they wont be able to jump right back into qeueu, unless they had another massive army already built. They'll have to form a new army and have it go complete quests/gather resources/train the fresh soldiers. Further adding delay is the fact that said army will still get pulled into other pvp fights as it builds up its strength. Not to mention the levels of frustration one could encounter; why put in all that time and effort to build a huge army only to have it wiped out in 5 minutes?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 AM

Hassie has a default reputation
Default PvP Fights and Losing Armies

I think in PvP fights (ONLY not when you are in a quest or fighting in a region) your Troops should NOT be destroyed completely, even if you lose them all in the battle. I know Morale isn't apart of the game, but if you lose, you should retain 1-3 units from maybe 60-100% of each of your Troop Groups. So instead of having to rebuild from scratch, you have to heal them up, and recruit some new guys to fill in the 0-40% of your units that were completely wiped out during the battle, which can be determined by how well the battle was fought. If one army wins, but loses 75% of his troops, than he should get them all back as his troops lying on the battlefield alive could be picked up and heal. Battles were fought by nobleman, and they usually granted both sides to collect the dead, dying and wounded from the battlefield at the end of a day's battle.

Fighting to the last man seems hokey to me, as in this era, men would run when their immediate ranking supervisor was killed. Granted there was no magic in our history, but this game is obviously based on real Human history in MANY aspects, and it would make PvP fun, and you wouldn't lose 3-7 days of recruiting, buying, training and gathering because someone attacked you with 60 Archers Units, or something.

That is just my 2 cents.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Armies are easy to make and I LOVE the fact you can destroy other peoples armies. If you dont want to lose your troops make sure you have enough to pay off the opposition if things go bad. Its a hardcore war game which I have been looking for for a long time. Just need the PvP bugs fixed and it will be amazing.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

honestly, who are attacking my army, every 30 min, it starts to getting bored of the game.
I like the pve and are breaking my game every so often.
The power to lose all your army, makes many players quit the pvp, myself included.
To be paid every 30 min, or lose all your army
is a burden.
me is breaking a lot of amusement in the game.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Morteunious has a default reputation

Like I mentioned awhile back in beta, I've seen other online RTS games with unrestricted/open war pvp with heavy penalties and it seemed those games ended up as disasters. Just look at freesky and earlier builds of evony. Never heard of those games? Probably a reason for that.

If the devs really want to leverage the revenue generating power of a cash shop they need the players logging in as often as possible. The bullying phenomenon which seems far too likely at this point will be extremely detrimental to this effect.

Interestingly enough, while it seems there's a huge demand from players for pvp its actual in-game popularity seems far less (speaking in a general sense.) Back in the early days of Ultima Online you could attack anyone, anywhere. As soon as they introduced an area with no pvp practically the entire player base had a mass exodus to the safe zone. The most popular online game (in terms of player base and revenue) I can think of with all out pvp is Zhengtu, but even that game is foreshadowed by fantasy westward journey (supposedly THE most popular online game on the planet in terms of players- estimated between 22 and 24 million) which I'm told has pvp but it is very contained (similar to how WoW's pvp is very contained.)
Old 10-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Loodrogh has a default reputation
Lightbulb

Hi all...
So i play this amazing game since some days now... First i tried all the SP Styles and was confused why there is no real campaign. Then after some frustrating days i tried Online Kingdom Mode which was just the thing i was missing in SP...
Now the problem with this mode is just the PvP. Dont get me wrong, i like the challenge and yes of course its a challenge 2 that you cant choose if you will play with or without PvP but as long as there are those 1000 archers 4 Triboks and one Black Dragon armies that chase you every few minutes and force you to quit game cause... its not a challenge to loose all your long created soldiers that you build up in a nice RP Brainwashing Fantasy Selfplaying Emotion... this is just frustrating and stoping me from geting the feeling i want to have discovering that world...
So either u can choose pvp or get an own pve server that has options for pvp, otherwise it will deprive the style for, i think, alot of people who like Fantasy just the way i do!!
And thats just the Point...
Gameīs called Dawn of FANTASY... So this is unmistakable for me...isnīt it???
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loodrogh View Post
Hi all...
So i play this amazing game since some days now... First i tried all the SP Styles and was confused why there is no real campaign. Then after some frustrating days i tried Online Kingdom Mode which was just the thing i was missing in SP...
Now the problem with this mode is just the PvP. Dont get me wrong, i like the challenge and yes of course its a challenge 2 that you cant choose if you will play with or without PvP but as long as there are those 1000 archers 4 Triboks and one Black Dragon armies that chase you every few minutes and force you to quit game cause... its not a challenge to loose all your long created soldiers that you build up in a nice RP Brainwashing Fantasy Selfplaying Emotion... this is just frustrating and stoping me from geting the feeling i want to have discovering that world...
So either u can choose pvp or get an own pve server that has options for pvp, otherwise it will deprive the style for, i think, alot of people who like Fantasy just the way i do!!
And thats just the Point...
Gameīs called Dawn of FANTASY... So this is unmistakable for me...isnīt it???
actually that's mostly related to the archers only army and bugged archers. But yeah i think they planned to fix that for tuesday and they talked about a balanced system
Old 10-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Guys,

We discussed this around the office today - as yes - we can confirm it, only a dozen of or so players have 600+ strong armies right now, so yeah - these armies don`t have anyone to hunt. We debated making the PvP search margins lower, but decided against this.

But with-in a week or so this problem should disappear:

1) Naturally more players will get large armies
2) Once Army Vs Town is introduced next week - you`ll have way more targets to attack. City Defenses (valued from 50 to 300) + players worker units + town Garrison + 90 cap instead of 60 - will make even mid-game towns be over 500 in strength.
3) Once alliances introduced in the following week - the problem will be solved once and for all. Your 700+ army will get matches again 2, or 3 players whose combined army strength will match yours.
4) In addition next week are making NPC towns much, much, much stronger. So you`ll need a 700+ army to siege one of them. We`ll also increase the influence reward for them.
sounds good ^^
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

What I'm getting from this thread really is that most people playing this game are not looking for a war game. Come on harden up armies are so easy to make. I'm full of resources, soldiers and gold. I'm literally giving it away. All that needs to be added is after you have been attacked you can't be PvPd again for the next 30 mins - 1 hour and the griefing will stop. Other then that I love the system!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM

flashpg has a default reputation
Default Pvp

Im playing humans and whenever I click on the PVP button nothing happens, just nothing comes up or I don't get any options......Just nothing! I can't believe how poor this game's performance is, its like the game has just been thrown together in a matter of weeks!! I am doing a quest where I have 2 targets on the wold map and have completed 1 target but now the second target has just disappered so now I can't complete the quest!
This game has such a chance of being great fun but I am seriously considering taking it back to the store as there are sooooo many issues with it!! You buy something you expect it to work!