Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PVP the AI - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM

ObscuredUSA has fair reputation
Default PVP the AI

I looked through the in game help section and it clearly states that if there are no human players around for you to PVP, you can have the option to PVP the AI. There are plenty of times that I couldn't find a match, but it didn't give me an option to PVP the AI. Did the scrap this?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

macamus has a default reputation

How can you PVP the AI when the AI is not a player? :P

The pvp matchmaker is downright horrible for me. I tried 30+ times and the few times I actually got in the other player desynces, disconnecte, or I killed all his units but no victory popped and no reward at all :/
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

i agree atm it's very hard to find other people to kill, specialy with armys above 700str.

they way i see it is that they should make it easier to find people above/under ur str than it currently is.

lets say you got 700 i usaly only find ppl around 670-730, they should increase that so i can find people around lets say 600-800+, tho this may cause some inbalance but who cares? it mostly comes down to placement and micromanagement on your soldiers anyways.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

I think the limit is about 150 +/- Someone with 730 attacked my 548 army and something of similiar difference also happend.

I got 3 armies in rolling plains with 700, 1000 and 1400 str and I never get invited to PvP huhu

But then again, whats the point of finding people in the matchmaker when it bugs out and get errors 90% of the time (at least in my own experience)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Guys,

We discussed this around the office today - as yes - we can confirm it, only a dozen of or so players have 600+ strong armies right now, so yeah - these armies don`t have anyone to hunt. We debated making the PvP search margins lower, but decided against this.

But with-in a week or so this problem should disappear:

1) Naturally more players will get large armies
2) Once Army Vs Town is introduced next week - you`ll have way more targets to attack. City Defenses (valued from 50 to 300) + players worker units + town Garrison + 90 cap instead of 60 - will make even mid-game towns be over 500 in strength.
3) Once alliances introduced in the following week - the problem will be solved once and for all. Your 700+ army will get matches again 2, or 3 players whose combined army strength will match yours.
4) In addition next week are making NPC towns much, much, much stronger. So you`ll need a 700+ army to siege one of them. We`ll also increase the influence reward for them.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Guys,

We discussed this around the office today - as yes - we can confirm it, only a dozen of or so players have 600+ strong armies right now, so yeah - these armies don`t have anyone to hunt. We debated making the PvP search margins lower, but decided against this.

But with-in a week or so this problem should disappear:

2) Once Army Vs Town is introduced next week - you`ll have way more targets to attack. City Defenses (valued from 50 to 300) + players worker units + town Garrison + 90 cap instead of 60 - will make even mid-game towns be over 500 in strength.
3) Once alliances introduced in the following week - the problem will be solved once and for all. Your 700+ army will get matches again 2, or 3 players whose combined army strength will match yours.
4) In addition next week are making NPC towns much, much, much stronger. So you`ll need a 700+ army to siege one of them. We`ll also increase the influence reward for them.

You say you are going to increase the influence rewards on NPC sieges, bu you are aware that they currently dont give the ammount it says they are supposed to? I get 6 wealth on info but i recieve 0
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post

sounds good to me, only problem tho is that 3 ppl with smaller armies vs one guy with a big one will make it hard for the one guy to micro vs those he have to be like an old korean broodwar pro with 500 apm.

but sounds fair. we wanted a fight now we get one
Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
sounds good to me, only problem tho is that 3 ppl with smaller armies vs one guy with a big one will make it hard for the one guy to micro vs those he have to be like an old korean broodwar pro with 500 apm.

but sounds fair. we wanted a fight now we get one
Just ally up with me, im half asian I got magical micro
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamus View Post
Just ally up with me, im half asian I got magical micro

This is what i need.

Korean APM demonstration
Old 10-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

I have an army of 850.
my army to attack it many times.
The problem is that I never went into battle. It is a very good army and do not want to lose it.
Has units of dwarves.
Pvp is very dangerous if you lose an entire army.
The day that I have 3 or 4 armies like that, went into the battle.
I am also waiting
that the PVP has fewer errors