ETA on influence store? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Xanderxavier has a default reputation
Default ETA on influence store?

Hey could I get an eta when the influence store would be working, the buttons there it loads the page, the options are selectable but the page says CURRENTLY OFFLINE over the non-functioning click to proceed section, which obviously you folks know but what I'd like to know is when this will open up, I'd like a dragon

thanks

Xander
Old 10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We expect to bring this live on October 14th. First making sure there are no game breaking bugs of any kind before we go after your heard earned $
Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Pepi18 has a default reputation

Great only 10 days left till the game gets potentially ruined.

I am only staying with Dawn Of Fantasy while I wait and see if your cash shop unbalances and ruins the game, turning it into a pay to win instead of a play to win game. If it does I'll be out of the game faster then I came in and I doubt I'll be the only one.

The game has so much potential and the concept is revolutionary and rare but a cash shop has the power to wreck it all. My only hope is that the developers care enough about the game to realize this.

Last edited by Pepi18 : 10-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Xanderxavier has a default reputation

personally I strongly disagree, there's only so much research you can do with influence and you'll quest them out within a few weeks at most, so after that spending a bit extra for more hardcore players to replenish there stocks quicker wont be an issue, after all less active players can rely on off-line replenishment to accomplish a similar goal economy wise, whilst hardcore players being more active will need more replenished resources then is available, which is where the store comes in and buying resources with influence, and a few slightly better units such as dwavern miners that people will buy once isnt going to unhinge anything as hardcore players will have better trained units then you anyhow store or no store, and they'll have need for higher earning units when with regular players it'd just go to waste due to offline gathering and resources cap.

Additionally with any luck they'll take the ongoing funding they get from the influence store and maybe develop an expansion one day and stick those extra races in and new features.

Last edited by Xanderxavier : 10-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Please keep general questions and discussions to the Main Square forum.

The Market has a very limited role in DOF, and is mostly for the distribution of DLC that will not affect balance.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi18 View Post
Great only 10 days left till the game gets potentially ruined.

I am only staying with Dawn Of Fantasy while I wait and see if your cash shop unbalances and ruins the game, turning it into a pay to win instead of a play to win game. If it does I'll be out of the game faster then I came in and I doubt I'll be the only one.

The game has so much potential and the concept is revolutionary and rare but a cash shop has the power to wreck it all. My only hope is that the developers care enough about the game to realize this.
right because you totally played the game and you know how shop works . No ofense but I have 136 influence right now and all the important upgrades+walls,gates,towers and if I wanted i could get a dragon and rifleman too but I don't because they are NOT necessary. Also I didn't bought influence and I didn't used pre-order code neither. So yeah your remark of ''cash shop unbalances nd ruins the game'' is based on nothing but word yet no proof.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
right because you totally played the game and you know how shop works . No ofense but I have 136 influence right now and all the important upgrades+walls,gates,towers and if I wanted i could get a dragon and rifleman too but I don't because they are NOT necessary. Also I didn't bought influence and I didn't used pre-order code neither. So yeah your remark of ''cash shop unbalances nd ruins the game'' is based on nothing but word yet no proof.
Nah, his statement is based off his theoretical oppinion, if that makes any sense hahahaaha
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Quote:
And your statement has no proof that it will or wont either. I make 1500 a week, 500 for bills allows me to spend what i want on influence at any time. I can rebuild entire armies in a blink of the eye, replace any amount of resources in a heartbeat, and that wont be an issue? Your 136 influence wont mean jack when i crush your army ten fold and just replace mine so quick with the 20k influence i can buy a week. As an example of course.
RTS = skill to win, cah shop in a rts game is just wow.

So yeah there will be unbalance, doesnt matter if that guy has used it or not. Will see how it goes and play it out. To bad AOE or EE didnt have a cash shop i would have rocked
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
And your statement has no proof that it will or wont either. I make 1500 a week, 500 for bills allows me to spend what i want on influence at any time. I can rebuild entire armies in a blink of the eye, replace any amount of resources in a heartbeat, and that wont be an issue? Your 136 influence wont mean jack when i crush your army ten fold and just replace mine so quick with the 20k influence i can buy a week. As an example of course.
RTS = skill to win, cah shop in a rts game is just wow.

So yeah there will be unbalance, doesnt matter if that guy has used it or not. Will see how it goes and play it out. To bad AOE or EE didnt have a cash shop i would have rocked
um side note,the units in shop are cp based and you can only have 2 dragons per squad. So yeah good luck with the crushing part. As for remplace entire armies in a blink of eye I doubt it. They need to be leveled too unless you plan to buy gold. And that goes to around 10 dollars for 10k gold and a squad with say 30 units can cost say 90k gold . That's 90 dollars for half of a squad and in a siege it's not even enough for a siege. Oh and you aren't talking to a pvp rookie neither.
Edit: and my statement is based on facts. I play the game and I know how to get squads fast. You want to buy stuff in shop? go ahead but don't think they'l give you an unfair advantage. The units in shop are special and strong but they eat more CP than regular ones to prevent massive buyers going op. You want to buy great dragons?go ahead and send 500 dollars on 500 dragons. You won't be able to come in a fight with 60 dragons since dragons take 25 cp each and squads are 60 CP.

Last edited by andreicde : 10-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
um side note,the units in shop are cp based and you can only have 2 dragons per squad. So yeah good luck with the crushing part. As for remplace entire armies in a blink of eye I doubt it. They need to be leveled too unless you plan to buy gold. And that goes to around 10 dollars for 10k gold and a squad with say 30 units can cost say 90k gold . That's 90 dollars for half of a squad and in a siege it's not even enough for a siege. Oh and you aren't talking to a pvp rookie neither.
Edit: and my statement is based on facts. I play the game and I know how to get squads fast. You want to buy stuff in shop? go ahead but don't think they'l give you an unfair advantage. The units in shop are special and strong but they eat more CP than regular ones to prevent massive buyers going op. You want to buy great dragons?go ahead and send 500 dollars on 500 dragons. You won't be able to come in a fight with 60 dragons since dragons take 25 cp each and squads are 60 CP.
What he said ^