Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Orc bug list. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation
Default Orc bug list.

I like the game but this is near unplayable atm. List of bugs I'm dealing with.

1# Big hut not making more units while offline.
2# Big hut not useable after a mission outside of your town.
3# Home towns max pop cap drops from 42 > 12 after missions outside of town.
4# Rollback whenever I crash/log out on units quests buildings ect.
5# Workers not building as ordered, they go over to hit it a few secs then turn around and wander.
6# Workers not gathering as ordered, they go hit my gold mine a few secs then wander off and idle or hit a tree at the edge of the map.
7# No gathering while offline.
8# Black screen crash at random times.

To give you a better idea of what all of these are doing to me I'll give an expample.

Before bed lastnight I set walls to be built (takes wood each part of the wall) but my workers dont gather offline so they stop when I run out of wood or the wall isnt even made if I dont wait 10-20mins before I hit logout or it will rollback to before I set the wall to be built.

I go on a mission outside of town finish the mission and head back to town with the things I looted. Once I get back and try to place my troop back into town I find the towns pop way to low (exp 42 lowered to 12 total) which means I need to relog but when I get back I find I have hit with the rollback and either have to wait for my guy to finish walking to town again or need to do the mission again.

I can understand a few bugs its normal but these aren't small or tiny enough to let slip by the beta, were orcs not tested in beta at all?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
I like the game but this is near unplayable atm. List of bugs I'm dealing with.

1# Big hut not making more units while offline.
2# Big hut not useable after a mission outside of your town.
3# Home towns max pop cap drops from 42 > 12 after missions outside of town.
4# Rollback whenever I crash/log out on units quests buildings ect.
5# Workers not building as ordered, they go over to hit it a few secs then turn around and wander.
6# Workers not gathering as ordered, they go hit my gold mine a few secs then wander off and idle or hit a tree at the edge of the map.
7# No gathering while offline.
8# Black screen crash at random times.

To give you a better idea of what all of these are doing to me I'll give an expample.

Before bed lastnight I set walls to be built (takes wood each part of the wall) but my workers dont gather offline so they stop when I run out of wood or the wall isnt even made if I dont wait 10-20mins before I hit logout or it will rollback to before I set the wall to be built.

I go on a mission outside of town finish the mission and head back to town with the things I looted. Once I get back and try to place my troop back into town I find the towns pop way to low (exp 42 lowered to 12 total) which means I need to relog but when I get back I find I have hit with the rollback and either have to wait for my guy to finish walking to town again or need to do the mission again.

I can understand a few bugs its normal but these aren't small or tiny enough to let slip by the beta, were orcs not tested in beta at all?
#1: cant speal about this, i've been unsure if my huts been making units or not. but i know my goblin tent and ward pen does as my base is just overflowing with wargs and goblins when i get on the next day.

2# Their working on it " http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4222 "

3# Thats related to 2, your great hut actually contains some pop cap, and when it ceases to function it ceases all functions, includeing storage space, production and pop cap.

#4 havnt experienced this. cannot comment, but a few people has issues with their city now saving properly.

5# Seems odd, havnt experienced this, i got issues with the orc labour not wanting to mine rock or gold when i log on/out, so i gotta retask em alot. but this seems rather bad.

6# probably the same as 5#

7# Kon's commented on this, and their working on it. " http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4316 "

#8 Dunno, you should make a seperate technical request about this. i dont think its common. so you'd probably need help with it. (only thing i can say is try update your video drivers, but thats what they all say eh?).

Ah well, i got to much time on my hand atm <.< with the Great hut issue and such am holding off playing to much til its fixed as i get rather ticked off at times and need a breather.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Just finished the quest "Royal Hunt" was feeling good not losing any units, looted everything up till I was full then went to the world map. Game froze on the loading screen waited 10 mins then closed the program. Log'd back in to find my hero and army back in my home town and the quests in the same state as when I first log'd in over a hour ago (quest wasnt even accepted yet) so means I have to do this same mission for maybe the 3rd or 4th time now. Last time this happened and found myself rollbacked before the mission a player attacked my old army that was outside the quest area (not that I could see or control it) so I fought the battle but my army ran off to go hit a npc not following my orders at all and I lost but all the units that were in my town a few mins ago were now dead and hero that was in town was now outside the quest area walking home.

Just going to log out for now, no point in playing when I lose my work to a crash rollback then again to a player in a pvp fight when I cant control my units.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
#1: cant speal about this, i've been unsure if my huts been making units or not. but i know my goblin tent and ward pen does as my base is just overflowing with wargs and goblins when i get on the next day.

Not working for me at least I made notes lastnight of units and wood gathered ect. all the same when I log'd back in today.

2# Their working on it " http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4222 "

3# Thats related to 2, your great hut actually contains some pop cap, and when it ceases to function it ceases all functions, includeing storage space, production and pop cap.

#4 havnt experienced this. cannot comment, but a few people has issues with their city now saving properly.

5# Seems odd, havnt experienced this, i got issues with the orc labour not wanting to mine rock or gold when i log on/out, so i gotta retask em alot. but this seems rather bad.

6# probably the same as 5#

7# Kon's commented on this, and their working on it. " http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4316 "

#8 Dunno, you should make a seperate technical request about this. i dont think its common. so you'd probably need help with it. (only thing i can say is try update your video drivers, but thats what they all say eh?). Made one and one other guy in the thread has the same problem but the tech didnt answer me or him just the guy above my post and the guy belows problems.

Ah well, i got to much time on my hand atm <.< with the Great hut issue and such am holding off playing to much til its fixed as i get rather ticked off at times and need a breather.
Feel the same way and going to tell my friends from holding off buying the game until these problems have been fixed.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Lucky for us a patch is coming out today. which "should" fix some of the issues hopefully. (their trying ). As for some of your other issues seems quite off the norm.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

sorry for the bugs guys, where working on it. you forgot one btw, if you view a orc region it crashes. .....

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
sorry for the bugs guys, where working on it. you forgot one btw, if you view a orc region it crashes. .....
no worries, breathing is good for me. otherwise i'll sufficate anyway.

jokes aside, i dont mind the downtime. am pleased the dev's are responding and active with the community, it shows dedication, and the the fact that you honestly care for the product your developing.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Yes gotta agree keep up the good work with the posting and patching. On a side note I'm giving humans a try while the orcs are being fix'd only problem I've had so far is workers stop working and run in place lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmud83 View Post
Yes gotta agree keep up the good work with the posting and patching. On a side note I'm giving humans a try while the orcs are being fix'd only problem I've had so far is workers stop working and run in place lol.
You too ? been trying humans awhile. but i miss my orcs. Smash Bash Destroy and burn! nothing like burning down human farms/mills at the rolling plains.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Just finished fixing 1,2,3 and are on our build waiting to go out on a patch today or tomorrow, 5,6,7 and orc region crash will probably be fixed by then aswell. we are progressing please bare with us.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.