Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Having trouble installing/starting DoF? READ THIS FIRST! - Page 8 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Looking through the past cases - I`ve noticed couple of players had their anti-virus program (in some cases default windows anti-virus) disable Updater.exe - try to temporary disable the anti-virus.

Maybe try to also temporary disable default Windows Firewall.

Also - can you please confirm - did you dowload Installer file from our Massively mirror or from our dofgame.com link?

And sorry - I`m leaving the office now but we can continue this tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:18 PM

amm253 has a default reputation

I tried it with both the antivirus and Firewall completely disabled but I still see the same issue.

According to my download manager the original installer looks to have been from dofgame.com (http://dofgame.com/download/Installer.zip)

I'll fiddle with it a bit more and post here if I have any luck.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Ok getting closer now I can see the DofUpdater window popup before it disappears but I still can't run the game. I have been able to enter my product key though. Here's what I've done so far.

1. download installer from http://www.fileplanet.com/224415/220...sy-Client-v1.0

2. Install from above download

3. run \Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn Of Fantasy\UpdateUpdate_New.exe

4. Wait for download and DofUpdater will automatically start.

5. Enter Product key when prompted(btw. there appears to be a bug in this dialog that doubled the first character of the product key when I tried pasting the key in with Ctrl-V)

Now whenever I run DofUpdater I get a message "Downloading Updater Update" After 5 mins of downloading I get "Checking Products Key", "Showing Updater Window", the window then opens for a single frame and disappears before I can get a screenshot of it.

Any ideas what to try from here?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM

Luckily now I have a non-trivial updater-log.txt Doesn't have much information on the error but perhaps this will help someone on your end track down the stage that is failing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-log.txt (6.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM

I've given up trying to get the updater to work for the time being. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM

Any other suggestions? This has just been taking up HD space for the last week and no combination of installs/uninstalls seems to be helping. Is no one else getting this problem?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM

swuopa has a default reputation

Hi all,

today i downloaded the game and install it on my pc at the office, all well and i play it. So i bring the downloaded file at home and installed on my pc (less or more are similar pc at the office i have 7 32bit and at home 7 64bit), when he finished to install at first run i got the message "you must activate it online" but there is no time to see other, he dont ask me the cd key so i cant put it.... now what i can do?
Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 AM

TheDirtySunFlower has a default reputation
Default Help!

I install the game, begin to run it and its downloading the update but stops at "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" and does not move. It also says server offline, which has been like that for 2 days now.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello, sometimes this messages "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" gets stuck for 10 minutes or so, so please make sure to give it sufficient time. Otherwise you might have to reinstall
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Sephirvine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Hello, sometimes this messages "New Patch Received, ReValidating Files" gets stuck for 10 minutes or so, so please make sure to give it sufficient time. Otherwise you might have to reinstall
i have the same problem, i waited for like 2 days with this message... bugged launcher