Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Trading fix - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Firetongue has a default reputation
Post Trading fix

This is not a bugg yet a problem, the trading within the game is currently way to superior to other ways of gaining resources. For example i who knew the best trade place since the Beta, had 5x full squads of units and pop capped my town after just 4 hours of playtime, a total of about 380 unit squads, ofc i also had almost everything within my town in construction. To allow people to make a almost 300% profit in each turn you run back and forth with goods is to much. I am right now able to bring in 57 000 gold about every 8th min with an army of 60 horse carts.

My suggestion to solve this problem would be a trading system where for every 1000 unit of something you buy in a city, the price for it is raised by 1 within this city, at the same time how much you gain by selling this resource within this specific town is also increased by 1 for each unit (of 10 resources)

For example you venture to a town to buy stone, the price of the stone is 15gold for 10 stone. After you have bough 10 000 stone within this city the price of stone goes up to 16. If you previously sold stone for 8gold for 10 stone within this city before u bought 10 000 of it, u may now sell it for 9 as the sell gain increases with the price.

And it also works the other way around, if someone else visits this town now, to sell stone, he will now sell for 9gold for each 10 stone, after 10 000 stone has been sold within this city the town will only pay 8 gold for each unit of 10 stone, and ofcourse, the town will now at the same time lower it's sell price for stone by 1.

Then ofcourse for this system to be fun, it has to be shared by all players, so if someone raises the price of stone within 1 city, it is not only raised for him, but for all other players aswell, and the other way around if someone decreases the worth of a ware within a city.

Ofcourse the prices can not be updated all the time, so perhaps they should be updated every 3rd hour, so that every 3rd hour the prices of wares within all cities changes to the new ones.

You should also be able to view sell/buy prices within cities without visiting them, this would make the best and probably most skill requiring trading possible. As in this system, yes fast and clever players could make a lot of gold, but in general it is now hard and skill requiring to gain lots of gold trough trading, and u have to fight with other players to keep prices at the level you want them to be.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Hey there, don't take credit for our plan!

I'm fairly sure we just did not have time to implement a global economy. good thing its all interface so we can easily implement this later on. But I'm not 100% sure, Kon will have to confirm for sure, We could however balance the cities, your more than welcome to post these exploitative city routes that give you so much dang profit and we will decide if we want to edit the static exchange rates in the meantime while we wait for a proper dynamic economy.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.