Can someone explain? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredUSA View Post
Wait. The game is 19.99$ for US customers? WTF? I paid 29.99 USD at D2D.
We can't really speak for the prices on the 3rd party shops. The problems that are discussed here are related to the pricing confusion on the shop on this site.

But hopefully we know more about this today!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 AM

Sephriem is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt86 View Post
Just curious if anyone in US is selling it for 19.99 atm? Gamestop doesnt even have it listed anywhere on their site, even the "coming titles" section.
Everywhere I check has it for 29.99. Direct2Drive has it for that amount. In all honesty, I don't think Next Way is doing all that good of a job with distributing this game.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

[quote]Guys, I was mistaken - just confirm with publisher The pricing for US customers will be at least 29.99$ US once the game goes on sale in the states, possible even 39.99$. We`ll be able to confirm with-in a week.

Right now the price from our shop is officially at 29.99 Euro. (25 Euro base price + fees/taxes)
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Dragontooth has a default reputation

What does that mean for the U.S. customers who bought the game on this website for a listed price of $29.99 and were then billed in euroes, i.e. $41?
Old 10-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

D0uble0 has a default reputation

I was just about to buy this from the UK. When I Clicked the "BUY NOW" button, it took me to a page that said "£19.99 Download now". I went to pay through paypal and reviewed my basket and found it changed to 29.99 euros!?!? which converts to just over £25! I would have been happy to buy this game for £19.99 after playing the beta for a while, but over £25? I don't think so. Not until at least a few reviews have come out first.

I feel for the people that were already "conned" in this way. I know there's a "perfectly reasonable explanation" but will people that didn't notice the price change at the checkout get refunded the difference? You really need to remove the link, or sort it, as this is clearly False advertising!? Can't be legal.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM

Sephriem is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0uble0 View Post
I was just about to buy this from the UK. When I Clicked the "BUY NOW" button, it took me to a page that said "£19.99 Download now". I went to pay through paypal and reviewed my basket and found it changed to 29.99 euros!?!? which converts to just over £25! I would have been happy to buy this game for £19.99 after playing the beta for a while, but over £25? I don't think so. Not until at least a few reviews have come out first.

I feel for the people that were already "conned" in this way. I know there's a "perfectly reasonable explanation" but will people that didn't notice the price change at the checkout get refunded the difference? You really need to remove the link, or sort it, as this is clearly False advertising!? Can't be legal.
It's not false advertisement. They said they thought it would be 19.99$, they said this during the weekend and weren't able to check with the publisher until Monday (today). Blue post above you says that it was a mistake by them thinking that the publisher had it for 19.99$ and that it will be 29.99$ or even 39.99$ in the USA. He also said that until it's solved you can buy the game for £29.99, which if you're in the USA you should use a currency calculator to find out that it's something like 36$
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM

eddieg501 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephriem View Post
It's not false advertisement. They said they thought it would be 19.99$, they said this during the weekend and weren't able to check with the publisher until Monday (today). Blue post above you says that it was a mistake by them thinking that the publisher had it for 19.99$ and that it will be 29.99$ or even 39.99$ in the USA. He also said that until it's solved you can buy the game for £29.99, which if you're in the USA you should use a currency calculator to find out that it's something like 36$
whooo, whoooo, whooo, he said it would be $19.99 at game stop in the US, I checked game stop/Impulse which is ther digital download service and it is selling for $29.99. Are you meaning to tell me that the day the game goes on sale he has no idea of the price , than he quotes a wrong price and then finally he quotes 3 different prices, if this is the way the game is going to be run that is sad. We just want to know the real price! please
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Dragontooth has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephriem View Post
You need to get your facts straight. There is indeed "False Advertising" going on and it still going on at this moment. If you are in the U.S. and you click on the "Buy Now" link at the top of this page you're going to see a price of $29.99 listed. When you get billed, however, you are billed 29.99 euroes, which amounts to about $42. If you don't catch the change, you're duped into paying $12 extra. I assume people are still getting duped since the price on the "Buy Now" page hasn't changed.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

D0uble0 has a default reputation

Sorry, but it is false. If they had to wait to find out from the publisher the correct price, then why not disable the buy it now option from this site? Yes they admitted the mistake above my post. But is this an official announcement of their mistake? Not really, considering it's on the 2nd page of another posters thread.

Not everyone will find this post when buying the game, and not everyone will realise that a game CLEARLY advertised as one price on their OFFICIAL website, will end up costing them $10 or £5 more than what they originally though it was unless, like me, they reviewed the final cost at the checkout. You shouldn't have to review the cost of your purchase to make sure it hasn't had it's price bumped up? should you? i know some people here who didn't.

If you go into a shop and a pack of beer is ADVERTISED on the shelf as £5 and you take it to the checkout and the cashier says "£10 please" you do not have to pay £10 because it has been officially advertised on their shelf as being £5. The store is legally obliged to charge you the ADVERTISED amount, and not what the cash till says. Fact!

Dawn of fantasy is ADVERTISED on their OFFICIAL website as being £19.99, or $29.99 dollars or Euros. Yet when you come to the checkout, the final amount you pay is MORE, with no other explanation than "Hey Guys - Yeah this is wrong" legally you should not have to pay more than the advertised amount, and now that Reverie employees know about this, they should be actively doing something about it rather than leaving the option to still buy the game under a false price, and coming out with comments like "We`ll be able to confirm with-in a week"

That said, I do like this game and will eventually buy it once I can be convinced it's worth the cash, however much they decide it's going to be. But I won't part with a penny until they sort this issue, because if I had finalised my payment and then realised after that it actually cost me more, I would certainly be enquiring about my legal rights as a consumer and be challenging this further.

Last edited by D0uble0 : 10-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Guys,

Could you please provide some links to the different prices or a screenshots. If is it advertised for 19.99 somewhere - we need to fix this ASAP, problem is - we checked the retail website - and can`t find this. We`ve checked with publisher - and the game is priced at 29.99 Euro, 25 Pounds, or around 40$ US. And this is how it`s suppose to be.

Can someone please link to the page they see 19.99$ US?

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 10-03-2011 at 03:15 PM.