Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Hello from Australia! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 AM

xenoclix has a default reputation
Default Hello from Australia!

Hi all!

I just discovered DoF along with many people in the past couple days and i have joined the band wagon just now!

Just thought i would say hi! Im from Perth / Australia - any other Aussies about ?

Been viewing all the videos and its about time a MMORTS came out in the past year or so. How "MMO" is DoF though (for people who have played beta and so forth). Also any monthly subscriptions?

Im just really eager to jump into the game and start building! Viewed the video about online persistent mode and excited to get in and join all the other players! Amazing that it can take weeks and months to mass a awesome castle and army with everything changing around you. I love all the RTS browser games like Tribal Wars and the like and this seems to be a fully 3D RTS version of a browser based RTS game (i hope !).

A quick question with the online persistent world. As the game came out yesterday from my knowledge - how disadvantaged are you when for example i get into the game in the next hour or so - will the players from couple days or so ago have a big advantage over me? Also for players starting in a weeks time, or even a month - will they be spread across the world evenly to match when specific players join the world?

One last question! Is there only one realm (server) or more? Whilst if its one server - how big is the actual world itself to travel? If too many people join - will there be no space and VERY crowded?

Hope to see you all in game!

PS. Any alternative way to download DoF? Or only through the download manager?

Thanks!

Last edited by xenoclix : 10-01-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 PM

engineglue has a default reputation

Hey! Welcome!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

woody8917 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
Hi all!

I just discovered DoF along with many people in the past couple days and i have joined the band wagon just now!

Just thought i would say hi! Im from Perth / Australia - any other Aussies about ?

Been viewing all the videos and its about time a MMORTS came out in the past year or so. How "MMO" is DoF though (for people who have played beta and so forth). Also any monthly subscriptions?

Im just really eager to jump into the game and start building! Viewed the video about online persistent mode and excited to get in and join all the other players! Amazing that it can take weeks and months to mass a awesome castle and army with everything changing around you. I love all the RTS browser games like Tribal Wars and the like and this seems to be a fully 3D RTS version of a browser based RTS game (i hope !).

A quick question with the online persistent world. As the game came out yesterday from my knowledge - how disadvantaged are you when for example i get into the game in the next hour or so - will the players from couple days or so ago have a big advantage over me? Also for players starting in a weeks time, or even a month - will they be spread across the world evenly to match when specific players join the world?

One last question! Is there only one realm (server) or more? Whilst if its one server - how big is the actual world itself to travel? If too many people join - will there be no space and VERY crowded?

Hope to see you all in game!

PS. Any alternative way to download DoF? Or only through the download manager?

Thanks!
well no doubt you know by now that all new players are under a protection (explained in game) from attack. So no nothing to worry about in that regard.
I also read somwhere (from a dev post in think) that everyone is on one server.
Last but not lest you can get the game from IMPULSE and i think from some other online vendors (gamersgate i think?).
Im also in the USA though so idk if the download from impulse is everywhere or not.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4197 read post #4 for some of the Q's you asked.
so ya see ya in game hopfully

Last edited by woody8917 : 10-01-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM

RiddleShari has a default reputation

Hey guys! I'm also from Australia and very glad to join the forum...the main theme for me is interesting so I hope to spend good time here and to share even my small experience in this field ))