Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Stability Issues such as Crashes (CTD), permanent freezing, black screen, etc. - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM

MaverickNo1 has a default reputation
Default Permanent freezing

Hello,

I have been playing for about a week now and I have completed quiete a few quests etc and I have had no problems apart from tonight the game locked up on the world map and I had to go to task manager which showed it was not responding so I had to force it closed.

Now When I restart the client i can log in then choose my town but when it is loading it just permantly freezes. I seem to be just permanantly frozen

could you please look into this for me.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNo1 View Post
Hello,

I have been playing for about a week now and I have completed quiete a few quests etc and I have had no problems apart from tonight the game locked up on the world map and I had to go to task manager which showed it was not responding so I had to force it closed.

Now When I restart the client i can log in then choose my town but when it is loading it just permantly freezes. I seem to be just permanantly frozen

could you please look into this for me.

Thanks.
if you provide a log then they should be able to fix it
Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yes sir if you could please upload your log1.text file (in a zip) and provide your account name/slot to Konstantine in a pm, he can take a look at it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

i was trying to do some pvp with neinth today and everytime he tried to invade me my exe would crash straight away i was in my homeland, slot 1 and in bolfores'l (the forest one i cant remember)

i can provide the dx diag as well in another post ( max attached ) if needed but i could do pvp before latest update
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (354.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (650.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (809.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (354.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (460.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM

phil2bob has a default reputation
Exclamation Freeze on loading screen when exiting battle map

So I've had this happen probably a dozen times in the past week. I was waiting it out hoping it would get fixed but doesn't seem to be reported by anyone else on this thread at least.
The game is freezing on the loading screen between the exiting of the battle map going to the world map.

User: Phil2Bob
Slot: 1
Race: Human

It doesn't seem to crash the program though. I noticed if I let it run after the freeze (I let it go for like 15 mins once) it continues to play the "your peasants need jobs..." notification periodically even though it's still showing just the load screen. And when I go to kill the program it doesn't show as "not responding", just kills it and done.
Reloading loses all progress since entering the home city screen the last time.
Hope this helps! Let me know if I'm kicking a dead horse here and there's already a work around that I missed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log1-exit to world map freeze.zip (491.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I can confirm this is a connection problem. And you connection to the game server gets interrupted well before the remote scenario you enter. This is why when it`s trying to load your homeland on return to the worldmap - it`s stuck on the loading screen - as there is just nothing to load.

We had a similar issue with another person a while back, but it`s quite rare. Few things you can try:

-If you are on a wireless internet - reboot your wireless router
-Make sure you don`t download or stream anything while playing DoF
-Before you enter remote scenario (quest, view e.t.c), log out to the main menu, and log back in
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Mordeth_kai has a default reputation

Game crashes on the world map almost every time. Unfortunately on games that don't use directx 11 I see performance problems unless I keep them in windowed mode, which this game oddly lacks. I'm sure its graphics related,

My specs are
Intel I7 Quad core, Q840 @1.87 ghz
Samsung SSD PM800 2.5" 256 gb ATA
AMD crossfire with 2 ATI Mobility Radeon 5800
Windows 7 64bit

Not sure if any other info is relevant. The game plays slow with the graphics settings at the lowest, as is the case with games that don't use dx11 when not in windowed mode. I play much more graphically intensive games at max settings with out problems so I know its not a lack of hardware.

In addition to the game freezing I had 2 structures in mid build disappear (along with the resources spent to start them), I had my haunter dragon disappear and my main hero gained 9 lvls (definitely not a fair trade), I don't know if I'll keep trying to make things work or find something else at this point, trouble shooting looks like more trouble than its worth and the loss of the dragon takes the fun out of things.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 PM

Mordeth_kai has a default reputation

Update: I got a FPS limiter and tested it on 30 fps and the game did not crash, going to test at 60 and 120 and see if I can't get proper performance out of the game.

It was suggested by goosie on a different forum with this reasoning:
"If that game you're playing doesn't have a FPS limiter and if your computer and video card are relatively good, your video card can overwork itself by rendering at extremely high FPS rates, which doesn't do any good since you don't reap any extra benefits from having 200+ FPS. You just get higher running temperatures which decreases the lifespan of your video card. You could try to limit your FPS if it doesn't have an option in game by forcing vertical sync. "

I don't know if he's spot on or if its something else and the fps limiter is just a coincidence, but I hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM

outofit08 has a default reputation
Default Crash

OK i been getting game crashes today at random times.
Im running
GTX 690
i7 3820 4.4ghz
1tb hard drive
MObo Sabertooh x79
1200 watt power supply
Fire wall is set to allow from launcher and application of DOF
Dx 11 & 9
Dont know what else you want to know but ya my system should run this game fine.
anyway great idea like the game although it seems a little out dated.
Give the orcs some love please.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM

outofit08 has a default reputation

To add There was a recent crash when attacking Pultak I took the healing shrines then while healing used a healing abilitie with the Orc Berzerker. There was a immediate crash after that.
I had a orc army and the reinforcements had come and gone. Was also still shooting Elf catapults or bolt throwers i think there called.
Thanks and i do apologize i have no idea how to pull a crash log of a game
willing to learn though