Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Stability Issues such as Crashes (CTD), permanent freezing, black screen, etc. - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Username: grizzlez
Town name: Guraneshka
Slot: 1

Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

When I entered my human town, the game froze as soon as the opening tour ended. The first time, there was still a few interface buttons. The second time, it was just the screen, as you can see here:

[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/screenshot5n.png/][/url][/IMG]

My elf town had been working fine, this just happened once I switched to check up on my humans. Like I said, I tried twice, both times it froze.

Well, not exactly froze; the people were still moving around. But I couldn't move the camera, select units, go to the world map, or even exit.

Username is Dreamwalker, town is Tiraslee, slot 3.

Edit: working fine at the moment
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (128.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Dreamwalker : 11-30-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Boricsmith has a default reputation
Default Freeze at nakkrosal when Dwarf leader healed himself

I fought the Dwarves at Nokkrosal. During the fight my forces were inside the fortres fighting the leader of the dwarves. when he healed himself the game screen froze and the heal sound repeated slowly along with the music, which also repeated.

I had enchanters in the fight, but not in the vicinity of the leader.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Default Freeze in Thikken Dal region in view mode

I had a freeze tonight in Thicken Dal region in view mode. I had control of an enchanter unit and was trying to heal some units. upon hitting the mass heal button, the screen froze and music skipped/repeated.

Boricsmith
Slot 1
Thaleron bases in wold region
Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Boricsmith are you sure your not overheating? do you have gpu heat monitoring software? if you have a navida card you can get EVGA precission to see, I think the problem with crashing your having might be due to heating issues. unless the freezing is repeating every time you do any of your reported issues.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Default Log file for Enchanter freeze

Joseph,

Here is the log file. I'll be glad to send you my DXdiag via PM if you want it. I don't think I was overheated because I was just playing without problems for a half hour using a different town slot (slot 3 versus 1).
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log2.txt (1.02 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by Boricsmith : 12-02-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

@ Dreamwalker - can you confirm if the problem with your town not having GUI/camera movement on reload is fixed now?

If not - please load the town, and right after it finished loading - please get Log1.txt from your main Dawn of Fantasy folder and post it here please.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Default Freeze at Makkada when clicking on heal button in city.

About 5 minutes ago I had a freeze with a human army visiting Makkada when I tried to heal my units. I clicked on the heal units button and the transition t the hel screen seemed to start but then stopped and DOF crashed after freezing. I could get out out the program and when I did I got the DOF.exe has stopped responding message.

I have a feeling this is a bugged army and that is what may have caused my crash. This army is an old one from October that I just use now to PVP until it dies off. I attached the log. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (1.64 MB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricsmith View Post
About 5 minutes ago I had a freeze with a human army visiting Makkada when I tried to heal my units. I clicked on the heal units button and the transition t the hel screen seemed to start but then stopped and DOF crashed after freezing. I could get out out the program and when I did I got the DOF.exe has stopped responding message.

I have a feeling this is a bugged army and that is what may have caused my crash. This army is an old one from October that I just use now to PVP until it dies off. I attached the log. thanks.
I just tried to replicate the bug, but the heal unti transition worked this time.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, it's working fine now. Sorry for not saying so earlier.