Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Gameplay Issues - GUI Menus, Abilities, Formations, Building, Economy e.t.c - Page 14 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 AM

Alderic has a default reputation

I was messing about with the Chat tabs etc, and turned them all off. That session was fine - but next time I tried to play, I have this:

I can't close it (i.e. click the X), and if I go into the tabs, they open up but with nothing in them (and of course I can't close them again).

Is there some way to reset the chat to default (hopefully to fix the problem)?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

The solution should be to delete the local_saved_data. In order to access the file, you need to click on the organizer button in any folder then folder and search options. Go to view, and under hidden files and folders, or drives and click show hidden files. Then you go to C:/users/Name/AppData/local/DoF and delete local_saved_data
Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 AM

Alderic has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
The solution should be to delete the local_saved_data. In order to access the file, you need to click on the organizer button in any folder then folder and search options. Go to view, and under hidden files and folders, or drives and click show hidden files. Then you go to C:/users/Name/AppData/local/DoF and delete local_saved_data
Thank you kind Sir, this corrected the issue.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM

koe1 has a default reputation
Unhappy My elven economy is giving me problems.

I just started playing the elves(my first race) and seems to have some problems getting the economy to make any sense.
I have about 10 forest spirits and about 12 workes total on the rest of the ressources.
By the side I then have 9 alchemy labs(fully upgraded), which I believe is the source of my issues.

Problems:
1. The income numbers are total ridiculous the vary sometimes from +/- 200 in small time intervals.
This I hear is a common problem with the elven race.

2. I had about 2-3k stone and 3-5k gold on my city before going into a quest with my army, when the quest ended and I checked my home city again all the stone was gone, and about 200 gold was left, the rest just vanished, at the time 8 of my alchemy labs was producing gold/stone.

3. How does the alchemy labs work exactly? Because sometimes the production icon shows no-transmution, even though when you click on the menu, a ressources has been chosen to be made. As fas as I know each lab produces individually, so when I deactivated one lab I was kind of confused to see the icon on the rest of the labs changing as well, but as stated the menu showed something else.

It's kind of hard to manage your economy when you never know what ressources might be gone every time you check your homecity.
The food and wood haven't seemed to give me the same issues as the stone and gold.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I can confirm the problem is with Alchemy labs. We actually never expected somebody to build 8 of them, and I can confirm this is causing some issues.

Basically the problem with Alchemy labs - it`s more of a resources exchange building. I don`t have exact stats but for every 4 units of resources it produces, it deducts 1 resources of the other 3 resources. And it`s possible that with 8 of them things will go terribly wrong.

I`ll make a note for us to investigate, and include a fix in this week`s patch. Meanwhile I recommend just using 2 of them
Old 09-06-2012, 03:25 PM

crystalmage1234 has a default reputation

dwarven mines units get stuck alot. the caves slant up at the edges of the tunnels and they go up them and get stuck.

on the world map. when you click on an army or city. you can see the units in it. when you mouse over units it shows their stats. I find it doesn't show accurate data. especially with my archers. example even though i've changed the range it shows default range for all of them. it makes it hard to sort units. I have to create a seperate army then go down to a battle map see what their stats are then move them into different seperate armies if I want to do anything with my different builds.

soldiers walking straight threw palisade level walls. I notice this with elven wood walls all the time. I just walk thew anytime I want I don't know if I've ever been restricted. I also saw them doing this with orc walls.

archers don't seem to get experience at the same rate as other troops. I can kill tons of stuff with them and they will get 1 or 2 exp at most.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this or not. but my city has a different population when you look at it from the inside or outside. Last time I counted it the difference was like 11. So inside my city it would show say 96/90 and outside it would say 85/90. Outside my city I can put units in if its under 90 but I can't build any units in my city if it's over 90.

one of my dragonslayers bash resistene went up to 100 while others don't.

my great wardens show default damage resistance after I leveled them and maxed them out. The first time I noticed this was after a battle where I changed stance.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM

I don't know if its supposed to be like this or not.

Grandmasters with high regen. regen will fill the hp of the units left alive in the squad but won't fill the hp's of the dead one's also potion won't bring back the dead one's either.

well regenerates and when they hit full dead one's start coming back and filling but not with regen.

Also enchanters mass heal will bring back the dead ones.

So well and mass heal bring back dead soldiers as well but the regen stat and potions don't I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 PM

crystalmage,

Thanks for the great report!

We` ll look into the Dwarven Miners, probably just gonna need to make unit collision smaller, and aim for the next patch.

The Worldmap unit information shows default unit stats at level 1, hopefully in the future we`ll get to update that to show current starts.

Archers do gain experience slower than other troops, but I think we will rebalance it in the coming patch.

With the population issue - we weren`t aware of this. One of the more rare units it causing this, if you have time please see if you can track this down to see exactly what units - it`s either one of the Elite Heroes, Dragon, Dwarves or perhaps one of the siege units. My other suspicion - perhaps one of the passive defenses - like Tower Catapult, or Garviola also adds to the pop limit.

We are aware of the Elite heroes sometimes reaching 100% resistance, and will fix this in the next patch.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:52 PM

I'll check the units.

Another thing that may be related to it.

when i was building my houses I built a bunch at once. I didn't know how close I was to the cap because it doesn't show how they adjust the population cap until they are finished.

I had plenty of resources so I just started clicking away. It started building them. I had I got more resources some were finishing. I was a about 86 max pop I clicked a whole bunch it kept taking resrources out.

Then as they started finishing the max pop would say like 92 then it would go back to 90. then it would be like 92, 94 then pop back to 90.

Now my new city is only letting me build up to 51. It's a human city.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 PM

more stuff about regen.

Some times I can get units to heal above full hp. If I surround a unit with multiple healers then have them heal all at once sometimes it'll bring units above full health.

Knight prayer. I had 2 knights and I would bring all the units up close to be healed. Then I would have them both do it at the same time. All the other units were having their dead healed but the knights didn't.

Also I was watching some of my units healing at the well and the numbers were doing some funny things as the units healed.

It would go over max hp but not bring back dead units. Then the numbers would kinda jump around a bit.