Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Some Suggestions: Let's Brainstorm a Little - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Ohnotord has a default reputation
Lightbulb Some Suggestions: Let's Brainstorm a Little

Greetings to all,

I have a few suggestions I would like to make. Most are small things that are not entirely important but that I would like to point out. I would really appreciate some quality feedback. If you do not like an idea, please provide another alternative. I want to get some brainstorming going on. The potential for this game is off the charts! Also, please remember to be courteous and polite.

Chat Options:

Sometimes it is difficult to keep track of everything going on in the chat. It would be nice if players could select their own font colour to use as it would make things slightly easier to track. Or perhaps a playerís own font would be a set colour that every player sees for himself (such as blue) and Guild Members are another set colour (such as purple), while friends, should a friend system be implemented, would be another colour (such as green). It is just a thought.

Personal Emblems, Coat of Arms, or War Banners:

It would be awesome if players could create their own unique Emblem or Coat of Arms to display on their cities and soldiers; or at least for them to place on their war banners for their armies. It would give every player their own unique mark. Perhaps each race would have a set template, and then things could be created and added to it. Guilds could implement a specific symbol to be added to each memberís Emblem. It should not be too difficult to implement to gameplay.

More Involved Formations:

I think I may have seen something similar to this earlier in the forum, but I would like to expand a bit. I think formations should be much more specific and have real noticeable effects to the groups. For instance, a Staggered Formation would make the groups actually stagger across a space and greatly increase their survival against volleys of arrows while making them more vulnerable to melee onslaughts. The Tight Formation would have the opposite effects. There could be a protective formation which places the stronger units around the weaker units or units selected for protection. A wedge formation could be used to break up tight formations, so on and so forth. I think the level of strategic planning would be greatly increased by this. Also, there could be a No Formation, or Scatter Formation. One thing I would really like to be able to do is assign strong units to form a protective line in front of ranged units.

More Hero Skills:

I was thinking a Hero should have more skills related to both combat and leadership. For instance, when troops are within a certain range of the Hero, they fight harder and gain more experience, or some other variation. I think you get the idea. I just feel that Heroes should be more important. And I definitely like the idea of customizable and nameable Heroes.

Field Strategy:

It would be nice if there could be certain preparations an army could make before a battle. For instance, pitfall traps, trip lines, fire lines, booby traps, etc. Each of these would of course cost resources, but it would allow guerrilla warfare tactics.

Grattitude to All,
Ohnotord Femeas

Again, please provide some quality feedback. I would love to see some other creative ideas.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:41 AM

Magicus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnotord View Post
Greetings to all,

I have a few suggestions I would like to make. Most are small things that are not entirely important but that I would like to point out. I would really appreciate some quality feedback. If you do not like an idea, please provide another alternative. I want to get some brainstorming going on. The potential for this game is off the charts! Also, please remember to be courteous and polite.

Chat Options:

Sometimes it is difficult to keep track of everything going on in the chat. It would be nice if players could select their own font colour to use as it would make things slightly easier to track. Or perhaps a player’s own font would be a set colour that every player sees for himself (such as blue) and Guild Members are another set colour (such as purple), while friends, should a friend system be implemented, would be another colour (such as green). It is just a thought.

Personal Emblems, Coat of Arms, or War Banners:

It would be awesome if players could create their own unique Emblem or Coat of Arms to display on their cities and soldiers; or at least for them to place on their war banners for their armies. It would give every player their own unique mark. Perhaps each race would have a set template, and then things could be created and added to it. Guilds could implement a specific symbol to be added to each member’s Emblem. It should not be too difficult to implement to gameplay.

More Involved Formations:

I think I may have seen something similar to this earlier in the forum, but I would like to expand a bit. I think formations should be much more specific and have real noticeable effects to the groups. For instance, a Staggered Formation would make the groups actually stagger across a space and greatly increase their survival against volleys of arrows while making them more vulnerable to melee onslaughts. The Tight Formation would have the opposite effects. There could be a protective formation which places the stronger units around the weaker units or units selected for protection. A wedge formation could be used to break up tight formations, so on and so forth. I think the level of strategic planning would be greatly increased by this. Also, there could be a No Formation, or Scatter Formation. One thing I would really like to be able to do is assign strong units to form a protective line in front of ranged units.

More Hero Skills:

I was thinking a Hero should have more skills related to both combat and leadership. For instance, when troops are within a certain range of the Hero, they fight harder and gain more experience, or some other variation. I think you get the idea. I just feel that Heroes should be more important. And I definitely like the idea of customizable and nameable Heroes.

Field Strategy:

It would be nice if there could be certain preparations an army could make before a battle. For instance, pitfall traps, trip lines, fire lines, booby traps, etc. Each of these would of course cost resources, but it would allow guerrilla warfare tactics.

Grattitude to All,
Ohnotord Femeas

Again, please provide some quality feedback. I would love to see some other creative ideas.
Chat Options are already changeable I think (through game config files).

I like the idea of personal emblems and I really like how they're implemented in Guild Wars (you have lots of elements you can put together in order to create a new banner; certain elements are restricted to those who win guild battles). That's really sensible since you never know nor can foresee the creative side of your players (dwarf player with Mickey Mouse on his / her standard) and there's no need to generate unnecessary traffic before battle.

Field strategy could be represented by special abilities of relevant units (goblin archers would have the ability to set traps shortly before battle) or new structures (obviously much cheaper than buildings because they'd be: self-destructible when triggered).

Last edited by Magicus : 09-26-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:22 AM

Ohnotord has a default reputation

Yes, that is pretty much what I was thinking.

For a few more examples:
The archer classes could set up fire lines which they would activate by firing flaming arrows at, igniting the fuel and creating more complex battle boundaries.

Worker classes could set up small goads or mini spike walls in order to protect from enemy calvary.

Infantry units could set up trip lines which have a knock-down effect, increasing enemy vulnerability for several seconds.

This could also be benificial in that more armies would be carrying more resources in order to construct these battle vices and they would, of course, be fully loot-able.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Jams has a default reputation

Great ideas!