Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation
Default My bad

I noticed from reading up on the post about reverie's lack of marketing that I was very much in the wrong. Apparently I loose brain cells when I'm tired, imagine that.

So to Puppeteer and those others whom I belittled in my misguided and admittedly ignorant rant, my apologies.

I find little these days to be excited about in the gaming sector, and have taken enough of a liking to this game that I wasn't following as closely as I should. I have deleted my posts on that topic and fold.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote by ash12181987: "If your building a house, do you stand outside the construction site and yell at the guys building it, demanding he hurry up and give you a tour of the foundation? No, that would land you with a broken nose. So have some bloody patience and stop asking for table scraps when you will be fed the whole meal in the near future."

That was the best point you made Ash, and I totally agree with you. dont know why you are apologizing for voicing a very supportive opinion.

A few people shouldn't influence an early release of anything, we will release new media when we find it to be the right time, we respect your opinions and we are watching, and we are going to make the best game that we can for you.

All of you must understand that Dawn of Fantasy is Reverie World Studio's first game title; we don’t have hundreds of millions to throw around here like EA does.

No publicity is still better than bad publicity.

People need to look at Valve, with their half life series, they practically don't release any information until the game is finished because they know it might change drastically by the time it is finally finished; I still can’t find any information on episode 3, although I know they started on it before even releasing episode 2.
Anyways, having media released to people this early might be bad publicity which will be bad for the game and the fan base in the long run.

For example: you watch a gameplay trailer for a game, you watch it, and it’s a very early trailer, not very good, you will think that that game sucks really bad, and you then leave the game, go find another game never to return, when really that game might become something of utter brilliance when it is finally ready to shine.
Who knows what value a diamond inside from a fragment of mud has until you clean and polish it to its own perfection?

A lot of you think that we might be making a mistake taking so long, but you do not have all of the pieces of the puzzle nor do you know that the entire topic at hand is balanced upon two or more attributes: Yes a media drive to late may spell less customers, but a early game media drive that invokes bad publicity, well, there are many mine fields to maneuver around.

-Joseph Visscher

(P.S), I’m pushing for new screenshots to be released, not promising anything on my own end, but trying; also people must understand that any dev can’t just release unauthorized content that violates our own Non Discloser Agreement; I want to so badly show you all so many cool things.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 08-31-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Could you delete that thread? It really went nowhere and we all slightly embarassed ourselves
Old 08-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Could you delete that thread? It really went nowhere and we all slightly embarassed ourselves
What’s wrong with that?
All of you need to remember that you are the people, the fans, and the customers, while we are the developers and creators, even though we really get influenced, most times by your ideas and opinions in the way the game may or will become, you still need to remember your own job just as you have remembered ours; you play the game, you have fun, and hopefully you’ll buy more games from us when we release more. With that we have the experience to try our best to produce the best product for you, regardless if you do not fully understand how it was assembled.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

Hey ash if you apologize i give u a broken nose .

We should stop asking for new media its selfish. Its us being robbers asking the bank for money. Its there jobs they complete it when they want.

i for one support your opinion.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

[quote=iceblast;9098] Its us being robbers asking the bank for money.QUOTE]

good analagy true, and it must be infuriating for the devs to constantly have to be developing a game and then when they arent they are getting asked how the developing went. empathy guys, have empathy!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

where is this thread where people demanded for stuff how impaitent and selfish.

Its like lining up in a que to a restaurant at the back you just dont yell to be first.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

^ Bad analogy Mark 2, icewarrior
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

oooh ouch. ;s
Old 09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

It doesn't fit in with the scenario at all!