Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Okies, seriously.. - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
I did read the topic and i know perfectly where it's about. But do you prefer them to work on the game and get it better and greater or do you want them to spend their time on promoting a half finished game.
Pointless, irrelevant and sophistry. This is a false dichotomy, which in any case doesn't make any sense with what I'm debating.

Quote:
Why do you want screens of a game, something that will take time and is ultimately useless, when they could be using that time to work more on the game?
Pointless, irrelevant and sophistry. This is a false dichotomy, which in any case doesn't make any sense with what I'm debating.

I think you two have misinterpreted my post. I only care for the marketing; but yet what you have oh so wrongly misconstrued is that I want another senseless point about me wanting updates just so I know how it's coming along, because I'm an impatient blighter. Which is so far from the truth; I care for the fact that with lack of updates to here one must imply that elsewhere there is nothing too for the public, seeing as these are Reverie's official forums. If we, who have followed this game, have little to go by I don't mind that I don't get to see all screenshots, in fact being me that makes the game more exciting, however you seem intent on making me seem impatient, but people who hear but the name of this game hear little about it, why would they want to buy it? Sure, a big marketing campaign at the end might bode well but somehow I doubt that, it's like UAW all over again! This is not about the fact that I want the Devs to waste time on some screenshots though they're through some half-development scheme so the update really shows nothing new for my benefit, it's that if they spent some time on Major Official Updates which they don't post solely here, but release all over the web then that would be time well spent. Delaying the release of the game being shipped is good if they raise more interest. This is what I'm debating, not that I want "pretty pictures" because I'm bored and impatient.

And if you're gonna make some contribution to this debate, don't waste your time on petty arguements. Stop trying to make this thing personal.

Agree with you there, Witchking. Annoying right?

Last edited by Puppeteer : 08-30-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

lol come on people any more post in this thread is gonna be flame just go do something else
Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy View Post
lol come on people any more post in this thread is gonna be flame just go do something else
No, it wont be, don’t worry I'm watching it every night after doing 10+ hours of work a day.

All the main questions in this post have already been answered by others, lovely debates, but really the ultimate answer to all questions is time.
Time will tell.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Liljagare has a default reputation

Without sales, we won't see a sequel, and the good guys making this game, well, might not make another one!

I can't think of any game nowadays that did well by word of mouth, they need to get the hubbub going!

Time doesn't do any favours to any gaming engine.. Battle for Middle earth 2 looked similar to what we have seen so far, and that game barely didn't tank.. released how long ago?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

From reading this topic, it appears if everyone is getting confused with what others are saying. No-one here has a problem with waiting for a finished game, but some (including myself) believe that without marketing the product then no matter how good it is it will only have a small fanbase. As Reverie/DoF doesn't have an instant following like other games/developers it means they actually need to sell the product-a game like Gears of War 2 could do no advertisement and would still outsell practically every other Xbox360 game out there. Why? Well because it already has followers from the previous and its developers.
Without the proper marketing strategies, not enough hype over the game will be generated and no-one will know it exists. Normally a lot of people I know, know exactly when games are scheduled for release-none of my friends have even heard of the game. The only reason I know is from talking to JBV a long, long, long time ago about it.
It's not so much that people want new, flash screenshots-it's that they want new updates to get the game out there and bring in more fans. The forums are dead from when I first joined, as no-one has anything to talk about since the talk of dragons being removed.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Quote by ash12181987: "If your building a house, do you stand outside the construction site and yell at the guys building it, demanding he hurry up and give you a tour of the foundation? No, that would land you with a broken nose. So have some bloody patience and stop asking for table scraps when you will be fed the whole meal in the near future."

That was the best point you made Ash, and I totally agree with you.

A few people shouldn't influence an early release of anything, we will release new media when we find it to be the right time, we respect your opinions and we are watching, and we are going to make the best game that we can for you.

All of you must understand that Dawn of Fantasy is Reverie World Studio's first game title; we don’t have hundreds of millions to throw around here like EA does.

No publicity is still better than bad publicity.

People need to look at Valve, with their half life series, they practically don't release any information until the game is finished because they know it might change drastically by the time it is finally finished; I still can’t find any information on episode 3, although I know they started on it before even releasing episode 2.
Anyways, having media released to people this early might be bad publicity which will be bad for the game and the fan base in the long run.

For example: you watch a gameplay trailer for a game, you watch it, and it’s a very early trailer, not very good, you will think that that game sucks really bad, and you then leave the game, go find another game never to return, when really that game might become something of utter brilliance when it is finally ready to shine.
Who knows what value a diamond inside from a fragment of mud has until you clean and polish it to its own perfection?

A lot of you think that we might be making a mistake taking so long, but you do not have all of the pieces of the puzzle nor do you know that the entire topic at hand is balanced upon two or more attributes: Yes a media drive to late may spell less customers, but a early game media drive that invokes bad publicity, well, there are many mine fields to maneuver around.

-Joseph Visscher

(P.S), I’m pushing for new screenshots to be released, not promising anything on my own end, but trying; also people must understand that any dev can’t just release unauthorized content that violates our own Non Discloser Agreement; I want to so badly show you all so many cool things.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post

I want to so badly show you all so many cool things.
we wont tell
Old 08-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

You Go Jo!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I 'lol'ed at that
Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

I just realised... Jo likes to use many metaphors, puns and really likes to speak in riddles a lot i bet it took him hours to post that

i actually agree with Jo on pretty much everything he said