Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Okies, seriously.. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 PM

Liljagare has a default reputation
Default Okies, seriously..

I am not too sure who's brilliant idea it was to approach the market the way that DoF has done it, but seriously, its a bad idea.

No information when you promise it, no new screenies, no new demo's, no news of beta etc.

I read that some people keep writing that "We'll we don't want it rushed!", but seriously, things are starting to look lacking and lagging in this game. No new screenies, no new demos, nothing new on races.. Pre-constructs of cities have always sounded bad.

But, I seriously think that between the other longest running development race and sucky marketing, even Mount and Blade will out sell DoF..

Who's asleep at the helm? Who is the SCHMUCK responsible for the promotion of this game?

Last edited by Liljagare : 08-29-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljagare View Post
I am not too sure who's brilliant idea it was to approach the market the way that DoF has done it, but seriously, its a bad idea.

No information when you promise it, no new screenies, no new demo's, no news of beta etc.

I read that some people keep writing that "We'll we don't want it rushed!", but seriously, things are starting to look lacking and lagging in this game. No new screenies, no new demos, nothing new on races.. Pre-constructs of cities have always sounded bad.

But, I seriously think that between the other longest running development race and sucky marketing, even Mount and Blade will out sell DoF..

Who's asleep at the helm? Or, who's too arrogant in the dev team? Who is the SCHMUCK responsible for the promotion of this game?
i approve of this post and here by out rules flameing ( dont post if u just wanna flame him but u can flame me as a meat shield )

yea totally agree tho man the forums died basically with no info for a long time i find it weird since they just got with lighthouse
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

The last we heard was that they aren't doing anything more until they're ready to start their main marketing drive for release, at which point they pull all the stops. I'd just be patient and wait. It's pointless for them to build up hype, then let it all deflate because the release is such a long ways away.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:24 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

The marketing of this game is anything but good..
Old 08-29-2008, 01:43 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

Seriously If we keep asking them they will have to stop, make a trailer/beta/whatever and waste more time. They don't even have time to put dragons in so lets not delay them anymore....
Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

I've played far too many games that were rushed out the door, and ended up sucking. Frankly, I don't know why gamers are still so impatient. We can plainly see the sea of mediocrity created by the rush to get titles out to the ravenous public, and I don't know why people are so intent on perpetuating this by demanding expediency.

Maybe because I, myself, am a programmer I can respect just how much time and effort it takes to do things right. I'm understanding, and quite supportive, of the need to take the extra time to do things right. The marketing drive will come, but they're obviously awaiting a certain stage of completion before they begin it.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:36 AM

Liljagare has a default reputation

Hehe, don't get me wrong now, I want this game to succeed!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:17 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Ehm.. I dont think this threads intentions was to push the Developers into rush the game or something.. Rather to let the developers know that we're wondering whats going on out there, Because the updates are few and not really big. And people know very little about the game right now(For those few who knows about it).

For example the latest announcement about Lighthouse taking the role as the DoF publisher.. Along with that came 6 screenshots, which didnt show anything new..
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Sketchie has a default reputation

I totally agree, I had a post similar to this but it got locked as it totally strayed from being on topic =)

S
Old 08-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

true, they have promised updates many times now.. And I actually just realized that I don't know anything about the factions yet, the dof website is also strongly outdated.

I agree with Darvin that we just have to be patient, but without any new screenshots/info, this forum and the community will die.