Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

List of functions (for DoF, not Lua.) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Scenario Design and Modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM

FinKone has a default reputation
Default List of functions (for DoF, not Lua.)

Hey crew of DoF - I'm gonna start playing with the editor soon was looking to see if I could have a location for a complete list of functions you've guys generated not a generic Lua functions list - I've seen several for the game, that is from the tutorials, such as your move to and so forth but I'm just looking for a complete deal - I've been snooping around the game more and more trying to find a more detailed list of functions that you've guys pre-made to see if I could come up with something interesting (only looked for a few minutes so far I won't lie) - I'm sort of a heavy scripter and the Lua lang doesn't seem all to hard even if it does seem to handle things oddly here and there.

In my free time I'm going to be attacking a few Lua refs to see what all it has to offer, honestly I never heard of this guy till I played this game. Is the game in its entirety written in Lua? From my snoop it seems so.

I've also noticed that you've guys had a few 360 configs setup, is that just for the players interested in using controllers or are you guys going to be doing a port? I'm sure I'll have more questions... sorry to keep buggin'.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Nice finally someone`s diving into the editor.

We have couple of sticky tutorials including this one here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3928

I`m also gonna release our unfinished singleplayer campaign for people to play around with in the near future.

As for scripting references - I attached a really complicate scripting reference library.

Your best bet though is start simple and check the examples we have in the DoF/Scenario/ folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scripting reference.zip (41.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Ah. Now that I got that it helps a bit by letting me know what I can do off hand with out starting to do my own thing... or reinvent the wheel rather. I been snoopin' more and the tutorials that come with the editor are rather nice. Still filling in blanks as working my way around the editor - simple but effective. More or less getting the hang of it now. I've been rather spoiled by being able to look up the required plug'd in values with other languages, and having error assists as I go... Its kind of a downer for me that the editor will set unfilled in function arguments to nil often limiting a full experience of them before moving on... if there a way to turn this off to be alerted the required argument if not in place and what said argument should be - drives me nuts being able to leave arguments out sot speak? Just wondering.

Back into my dark cave to play. I haven't even been ransacking other players online today... tinker'in more then playin! DAMN YOU!...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
I been snoopin' more and the tutorials that come with the editor are rather nice
Thank you. I did the coding for the tutorials, quests, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Good to see someone getting into scripting scenarios.

You can't really turn off absent parameters being replaced by nil, it's just how lua works and is handy in some situations.

I just look up the function definitions if I need to know what parameters to pass, but I guess you can't do that.

If there are particular functions you need help with just let me know.

I hope to be able to expand on scripting help once all the Steam release madness dies down.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post

I just look up the function definitions if I need to know what parameters to pass, but I guess you can't do that.
Thats what makes me all sad faced. Either way been beatin' on some Lua lessons lately rather then even editing to be honest. There are a few ways that Lua handles things that leads to minor confusion so once I get that iron'd out in general takes me a few weeks to a month to get used to a new language. Does seem like a pretty powerful language so far.

But yea - nice break down on comments in your script tutorials - makes learning how Lua works and handles things a lot faster. Its just a awkward language to type so far heh.