Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

So much wrong with this game that needs to be fix/implemented before Open Beta - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Takes some balls to be brutally honest around here. heh. I agree with some of what you said nebulakd but not to such an extreme level.

I run on a duel core XP and I feel the lag your having too, We are fixing it, we are optimizing it. Still it is understandable that you are mad, I am too. Our true min specs that don't encounter insane lag spikes are higher then crisis on ultra high?!

In regards to 5. You probably have Attack move on, I need to get that fixed, its understandable flaw, attack move should have a shortcut key and be a one use thing, right now if its on they will listen to you but it will be AFTER they kill all threats they encounter.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 08-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Takes some balls to be brutally honest around here. heh. I agree with some of what you said nebulakd but not to such an extreme level.

I run on a duel core XP and I feel the lag your having too, We are fixing it, we are optimizing it. Still it is understandable that you are mad, I am too. Our true min specs that don't encounter insane lag spikes are higher then crisis on ultra high?!

In regards to 5. You probably have Attack move on, I need to get that fixed, its understandable flaw, attack move should have a shortcut key and be a one use thing, right now if its on they will listen to you but it will be AFTER they kill all threats they encounter.
Any idea what causes it btw?Im running Dof on windows 7 on a intel core I5(2.33G.HZ) 2nd generation leptop with integrated memory card and I don't lag that badly.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM

EenVanZes has a default reputation

Well I'm running the game on a XP 32bit machine with Dual Core on 3Ghz, 2GB DDR3 and a 4870 512 MB. For me it's unplayable. All game modes are really really slow. I tried Kingdom wars, but during a fight the game lags and stutters every 5 seconds. I cannot command my troops well. It takes a few seconds before the troops react on my clicking. Even when I'm not directly looking at the troops the game stutters. I remember Total War to calculate only the troops on screen, (where you look) but DoF certainly does not. It feels like the game is calculating all troops on the map. So always using tons of pc power. Strange. Shouldn't you optimize that?

Anyway, I have all possible visuals turned off and to the lowest. What going wrong? Running my native resolution 1440x900 or a lower 1024x768 does not change a thing either. Changing resolution is a haggle anyway. Ingame it does not work....

The game feels great . Hope that many things will get optimized soon and that 'medievil' font is terrible. Not really black and not sharp at all. Feel like an old 90's game :P
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EenVanZes View Post
Well I'm running the game on a XP 32bit machine with Dual Core on 3Ghz, 2GB DDR3 and a 4870 512 MB. For me it's unplayable. All game modes are really really slow. I tried Kingdom wars, but during a fight the game lags and stutters every 5 seconds. I cannot command my troops well. It takes a few seconds before the troops react on my clicking. Even when I'm not directly looking at the troops the game stutters. I remember Total War to calculate only the troops on screen, (where you look) but DoF certainly does not. It feels like the game is calculating all troops on the map. So always using tons of pc power. Strange. Shouldn't you optimize that?

Anyway, I have all possible visuals turned off and to the lowest. What going wrong? Running my native resolution 1440x900 or a lower 1024x768 does not change a thing either. Changing resolution is a haggle anyway. Ingame it does not work....

The game feels great . Hope that many things will get optimized soon and that 'medievil' font is terrible. Not really black and not sharp at all. Feel like an old 90's game :P
To me that is the games greatest flaw, YOU aren't able to run it.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 AM

EenVanZes has a default reputation

LOL, ofcourse I am the most important player. Thank you for that. Now get to work!

So I would love to play this game. I read about the patching for today. Are there many improvements involved or is it 'only' a lot of extra's implemented?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
LOL, ofcourse I am the most important player. Thank you for that. Now get to work!

So I would love to play this game. I read about the patching for today. Are there many improvements involved or is it 'only' a lot of extra's implemented?
well for one they said they fixed TONS of bugs.So that's a big thing
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 PM

VanguardX has a default reputation

Quote:

As I see others still having the same problems I encountered, I will put in my 2 cents on this issue as well.

I tried the Beta a couple months ago, but found it unplayable due to performance issues [my system is similar to the above posters]. I was hoping this would have been fixed by now, and that I could try testing it again, but it looks like it has not been.

I would like to STRONGLY encourage the developers to correct this issue ASAP.

The #1 reason being, that if your beta testers cannot play the game, then we cant really help test it for you guys. This situation will lead to far less testing, and fixes prior to release, which can lead to big problems down the road. Performance issues reduce tester feedback.

Specific performance issues I had were the same as some of the other posters in this thread. One I would like to add is that even the in game help menus took forever to pop up, meaning I could not even just read about things in game without being frustrated to the point of logging out. Having at least the help menus working well would be...umm, helpful!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanguardX View Post
As I see others still having the same problems I encountered, I will put in my 2 cents on this issue as well.

I tried the Beta a couple months ago, but found it unplayable due to performance issues [my system is similar to the above posters]. I was hoping this would have been fixed by now, and that I could try testing it again, but it looks like it has not been.

I would like to STRONGLY encourage the developers to correct this issue ASAP.

The #1 reason being, that if your beta testers cannot play the game, then we cant really help test it for you guys. This situation will lead to far less testing, and fixes prior to release, which can lead to big problems down the road. Performance issues reduce tester feedback.

Specific performance issues I had were the same as some of the other posters in this thread. One I would like to add is that even the in game help menus took forever to pop up, meaning I could not even just read about things in game without being frustrated to the point of logging out. Having at least the help menus working well would be...umm, helpful!
your kinda late. they already did.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

if you have to look at the dates of the post.
The game now is much faster and smoother.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 AM

There is still a XP lagspike if your on a duel core XP, install windows 7 or wait for us to fix it.