Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

So much wrong with this game that needs to be fix/implemented before Open Beta - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 07:16 PM

nebulakd has fair reputation
Default So much wrong with this game that needs to be fix/implemented before Open Beta

The list of problems with this game is long (as it is with most Closed Beta games), but I'll only describe the significant ones here:

1) The extremely low FPS rates, EVEN ON HIGH-END GAMING COMPUTERS!?
Ok, the only explanation for this is semi-poor coding on the developers end. The game is obviously calculating too much in the background and using up your CPU/GPU Usage that what the player sees is lag lag and more LAG! The developers need to look over the entire code again and make it much more efficient just to label this game as "playable." Also, the lack of choices iun the Graphics Options menu is unforgivable. You're basically telling a large number of people that want to play this game to "get a better computer or go play something else." After that, this game just becomes yesterdays news and everyone waits for something better. You have to offer much more options in the Graphics Options menu so that mid-range systems can play too.

2) Wait, I can't choose where I want to build stuff? WTF IS THIS BULLS**T?
This is one of the greatest downfalls of this game. You can barely customize anything. You just tell it "I want this" and it does everything for you as if it thinks you're 5 years old and can't think for yourself. And it says you can only build "this" here, here or here, but not anywhere else. Why such ridiculous limits? You should just put "The Kingdom you can't customize" or "For ages 5-10" under the games title! If this limit isn't removed then you're player base as well as sales will go bye bye FAST!

3) Ok, I guess I'll build this there...Wth? Where did those peasants come from? Well, they're still building too slowly...WTH? Why can't I assign more peasants to help build? WTFFFFF!?
Another example of limits and a "You get what we give you and nothing more" style of play. Limits limits limits is all I see while playing. Why in the hell would you have automatic builders and not have them affect your villagers limit? Seriously, are you trying to market this game towards 5 year olds?

4) What's happening on this part of the minimap? *Click*...wth, that's not where I clicked...
A somewhat minor problem, but it made it hard to navigate across the minimap. The tip of the finger when using it to click on the minimap is not the center of the cursor.

5) Ok, I want this battalion to attack these goblins...Great they're dead...ok, now some have run off to chase a wolf or deer thing and some went to fight an orc...No, I need to them to regroup so they don't die. *Click*...wth, they're not listening...*Click*...*CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK* !!! GREAT! Now the orc killed 10 of my men 'cause they DIDN'T LISTEN!
It was extremely obvious that if your soldiers are occupied with something that they wont listen to your orders until their task is finished...or they die...
Old 08-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

lol that's fixed in the retail version although apparently you haven't looked around the forum much,else you'd know that already
Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulakd View Post
The list of problems with this game is long (as it is with most Closed Beta games), but I'll only describe the significant ones here:

1) The extremely low FPS rates, EVEN ON HIGH-END GAMING COMPUTERS!?
Ok, the only explanation for this is semi-poor coding on the developers end. The game is obviously calculating too much in the background and using up your CPU/GPU Usage that what the player sees is lag lag and more LAG! The developers need to look over the entire code again and make it much more efficient just to label this game as "playable." Also, the lack of choices iun the Graphics Options menu is unforgivable. You're basically telling a large number of people that want to play this game to "get a better computer or go play something else." After that, this game just becomes yesterdays news and everyone waits for something better. You have to offer much more options in the Graphics Options menu so that mid-range systems can play too.

This was a problem associated with windows XP mostly.that's why most people were having trouble and if I'm right that's fixed for retail

2) Wait, I can't choose where I want to build stuff? WTF IS THIS BULLS**T?
This is one of the greatest downfalls of this game. You can barely customize anything. You just tell it "I want this" and it does everything for you as if it thinks you're 5 years old and can't think for yourself. And it says you can only build "this" here, here or here, but not anywhere else. Why such ridiculous limits? You should just put "The Kingdom you can't customize" or "For ages 5-10" under the games title! If this limit isn't removed then you're player base as well as sales will go bye bye FAST!

This is because that's how it works for humans.If you had a brain and would have looked around you'd know orcs can build anywhere,humans can build on certain spots and elves can build in the trees.

3) Ok, I guess I'll build this there...Wth? Where did those peasants come from? Well, they're still building too slowly...WTH? Why can't I assign more peasants to help build? WTFFFFF!?
Another example of limits and a "You get what we give you and nothing more" style of play. Limits limits limits is all I see while playing. Why in the hell would you have automatic builders and not have them affect your villagers limit? Seriously, are you trying to market this game towards 5 year olds?

There is no limit it's called different classes.You can assign all orc workers to build faster for example

4) What's happening on this part of the minimap? *Click*...wth, that's not where I clicked...
A somewhat minor problem, but it made it hard to navigate across the minimap. The tip of the finger when using it to click on the minimap is not the center of the cursor.

There is nothing wrong with the map.I used it myself and it's very easy to navigate it

5) Ok, I want this battalion to attack these goblins...Great they're dead...ok, now some have run off to chase a wolf or deer thing and some went to fight an orc...No, I need to them to regroup so they don't die. *Click*...wth, they're not listening...*Click*...*CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK* !!! GREAT! Now the orc killed 10 of my men 'cause they DIDN'T LISTEN!
It was extremely obvious that if your soldiers are occupied with something that they wont listen to your orders until their task is finished...or they die...
Um they fixed that for retail and who cares?they regenerate back so stop whining and let them regenerate.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 PM

A) This was a problem associated with windows XP mostly.that's why most people were having trouble and if I'm right that's fixed for retail
R) It's one thing to have it fixed for retail, but how would they know its compatibility if they don't release it in Open Beta, I swear, this answer is ass-backwards. Open Beta is for testing EVERYTHING before s**t hits the fan, not waiting til the release date and then realizing certain graphics options don't work. And I'm playing Win7 Ultimate x64, so it has nothing to do with XP.

A) This is because that's how it works for humans.If you had a brain and would have looked around you'd know orcs can build anywhere,humans can build on certain spots and elves can build in the trees.
R) This aspect of the game is so pointless. What a useless limit to put on the players. Everyone's just going to choose Orc if this is the case! Then, anyone who isn't Orc is going to complain.

A) There is no limit it's called different classes.You can assign all orc workers to build faster for example
R) This still doesn't explain why builders just pop out of thin air without affecting your villager limit. It's not that difficult to assign a group of peasants to build something. It's also saying that the amount of peasants you have doesn't affect how fast you can build your city because whether you have 1 group or 100 groups of peasants, your build rates will always stay the same, peasants will pop out of nowhere to build for you, all you need is the resources to build which can be bought in the store for real money. Essentially this game is somewhat pay-to-win if all you need is to buy resources from the shop and then build like crazy, come back the next day and make an army. Developers really don't think when they do things like this.

A) There is nothing wrong with the map.I used it myself and it's very easy to navigate it
R) Well it's happening to me, and if it's happening to me then I guarantee you that it's happening to some if not most other players.

A) Um they fixed that for retail and who cares?they regenerate back so stop whining and let them regenerate.
R) Another ass-backwards answer. "It's supposedly fixed, but will probably have problems 'cause no ones tested it." And troops regenerating out of thin air? Oh thank goodness all of my people are magical and can revive themselves given enough time. What a great idea for an RTS game: Attack with 100, run with 1, wait a few hours, and you have 100 again, Free of Charge!...WORST IDEA EVER!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
lol that's fixed in the retail version although apparently you haven't looked around the forum much,else you'd know that already
You sir, are a lazy bastard. I put up five questions and you put up one general reply. Go play RuneScape or something Mr. Lazy.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 AM

BaNa has a default reputation

I for one enjoyed the twist in building humans and elves have, the only thing I am worried about is castle customization. The placement of your buildings does not count a lot towards the strategic part of the game, as buildings dont have a lot of use during sieges.

The minimap issues and lag related things are true, they are rumored to be fixed in the 1.9 patch.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

xeovy has a default reputation

not because both complain if you do not like the style of play, no one forces you to buy it, the game will add new content and better things.
look at this link, put what will come there. / / http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s....php?t=2673nen

Last edited by xeovy : 08-29-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

I agree people need to stop complaining and expecting EVERYTHING to be fixed in open beta.Heck, you don't even have to pay to test it atm. And just because it's not the way YOU WANT IT TO BE it doesn't mean others don't like it. Even big companies made worst mistakes. Look at Dragon age 2. It cost people 60 bucks to find out what a big garbage was rushed by one of the greatest game producing companies.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

Betas are not designed to get everything fixed before release. They are designed to point out the bugs/glitches/problems/issues/test server stability/etc/etc before release so the company can work to get everything fixed in a timely manner.
Sometimes you get all the problems that arise in beta fixed. Most of the time you do not. Reverie is playing the hand dealt to them by 505 (the publisher) I.E. the publisher is forcing release the game in the current state. Are the devs happy with it? I think they have mentioned a few times they are not, but they are dealing with it and fixing everything they can to get the game up to snuff.
I am actually pretty impressed with the state of the game for such a small company/dev group. Aside from the ridiculous updater crashing issue I had to begin with I have had no other problems.
I really can't wait to see where the game is after a month or so into release.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyb0b View Post
Betas are not designed to get everything fixed before release. They are designed to point out the bugs/glitches/problems/issues/test server stability/etc/etc before release so the company can work to get everything fixed in a timely manner.
Sometimes you get all the problems that arise in beta fixed. Most of the time you do not. Reverie is playing the hand dealt to them by 505 (the publisher) I.E. the publisher is forcing release the game in the current state. Are the devs happy with it? I think they have mentioned a few times they are not, but they are dealing with it and fixing everything they can to get the game up to snuff.
I am actually pretty impressed with the state of the game for such a small company/dev group. Aside from the ridiculous updater crashing issue I had to begin with I have had no other problems.
I really can't wait to see where the game is after a month or so into release.
I'm actually surprised with everyone experiencing all those bugs.I'm using a 700 dollars new leptop with integrated memory and the game lags sometimes but usually it works quite well. And the only bug i found once was my hero duplicating during a castle fight which i tried which made the fight hilarious even if I lost.Heck, i would have invested the 60 dollars I payed for Da2 any time in Dof considering how good the game is becoming.