Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankein_fish View Post
well i went to Luxor. Altought the bus trip was a pain in the ass.
All the buses had to go in a caravan since the terrorist attacks at luxor, totaly there where about 100+ buses
and all of 'em had to pay 6-7 Dollars to be allowed to go, so thats 1300 dollars a day, for just one caravan.
nice...

I went to the new tourist resort of Hurghada... its nice area really but not perfect one guy owns at least 30 hotels there all 5star and each costs at least like 150mil+ ($300mil+)

I wanted a trip to Cairo or Luxor or maybe the Valley of the kings but they all were a minimum of 8 hours drive away (Hurghada is right on the red sea) and not only that but cost a huge amount

Hurghada seemed a very safe place to be... even if it was intimidating to the tourists... i mean there were armed guards patrolling everywhere and each hotel had at least 5 police guards on its gates, also some of the main roads in and out were guarded constantly by multiple mounted machine-guns (imagine driving past and suddenly they fire at you... 150 bullets without needing to reload multiplied by 4.... not a nice picture)

The hotel i was in makes an average profit of 300,000 a month ($600,000) It would be much higher but it was all inclusive and employed hundreds and hundreds of people... also the pools were extremely clean but not by chlorine (bumps up that expense a bit, especially considering there were like 20 pools) and the air conditioning was on all the time inside and that is expensive to run they employed people to make beautiful carvings on fruit and such and to make pretty shapes out of your towels in your room

Egypt has such a different culture though, i dont enjoy walking past a shop and having all the store owners in the vicinity run out and try to drag you into their store all the time, and then theres the people at the airport who grab cases without asking and as soon as they touch them it means they must be payed because you 'allowed' them to carry them for you, then there was passport control stopping us to ask for some money "gift for me?" then getting stopped on the way out and searched (presumably for metal although the detector didnt go off) then getting your wallet pulled out and some money taken out... and when in a good area such as a tourist shopping district never turn a corner or take a shortcut or anything you would swear you were in a warzone suddenly

This holiday was not as relaxing as most i have been on but it has given me to talk about i guess

Last edited by nickson104 : 08-23-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling and punctuation
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
nice...

I went to the new tourist resort of Hurghada...
Ooops i forgot to mention that i went to Hurghada first then took one of those bus caravans to Luxor
......My bad

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 08-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

When I went I did a Nile Cruise for a week in Upper Egypt (that's near to Luxor, Karnak etc. down the bottom) then stayed in an all-inclusive hotel for another week. Thus, got the relaxing week in the 2nd part of the holiday and sight-seeing in first part. Oh, and flew to Abu Simbel & Cairo too! (you can't go to Egypt and miss either of those)
Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
When I went I did a Nile Cruise for a week in Upper Egypt (that's near to Luxor, Karnak etc. down the bottom) then stayed in an all-inclusive hotel for another week. Thus, got the relaxing week in the 2nd part of the holiday and sight-seeing in first part. Oh, and flew to Abu Simbel & Cairo too! (you can't go to Egypt and miss either of those)
i did....

and frankein fish cool looks like i have been beaten there lol
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

kronlc has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
oh ive been in the US twice now ^^.
I went to the states and I been to the UK and both
left a taiste of beer in my mouth and one time
Iw as i threre I didnt liek quuenns
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

1.) Er huh?

2.) Is your signiture even necessary?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

This is getting way too off topic. I say this topic should be closed. As for the signature, I think it's hysterical. I'd be embarassed if it was mine though, because it's probably not true.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang