Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What the hell happen to this game? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM

fyro11 has a default reputation

With the sketchy details provided, it's difficult to buy your story, my friend.

Anyhow, the concept of a MMORTS seems to be a fairly new idea.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha30ns View Post
lol this kinda made me laugh... with all the games out it would be very hard to create a game that is not somewhat related to any other game released. i may be wrong but thats my opinion.
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 AM

someguy has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy View Post
tell me more about how this game was a few years back i wouldnt mind knowing
It was a RPG/RTS... back then.

The game started with Game Maker... we got a running 2d RTS game very simple...

Than it moved to 3d, the engine was been build by a free lance programer. The engine at the time can import the model and the models also supported textures.

There are a few ideas for the game, one of them was a cube world... Other are much like what we have here, because the story was not fully written back than... and it's also so far back, I can't remenber, sorry.

I quit/got the boot on 2001. ITIS Creation disbaned, new company formed creating this game.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Well the game still has a lot of rpg elements to it and there was some talk about possibly expanding them even further.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Pointless Thread, imo.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
I used to be apart of Reverie, before it's called that... Back in the time it was called ITIS Creation, back than we where just teenage dreamer with alot of ideas... Than my friend kinna back stabed me and kind of kicked me out of the team. Started Reverie... and this game... the game never really looked that good in my eyes, and I've not seen it since... until now... and still I think the idea is poor...

I'm not sure about you guys now... but back in the days one of the idea was the whole game is based on a cubed universe. The whole idea was not to base it on anything about orks.... And something totally new... It was 2000-2001....

>.<
Quote:
Sorry... I don't wanna troll... but just seeing this project brings back bad memories.... The cube world idea was kinna like what you showed above, however it's a cube world with 6 faces... but the idea was the one big empire owns 3 faces of the cube. It was kinna like "Rise of Legends".

Any how... I don't wanna troll and I'll stop bashing the game...
Quote:
Did you know at one point this game was an RPG/RTS... back in the days 2000-2003, the problem is this game is been in development so long it's kinna make me sad. I would like to see a RTS game that is based on something that is not related to anything that is already out. Even if it's and MMORTS... how will it live with the big boys out there?

I was the concept artist for this game back in 2000 and now I really feel the ideas are dated. I don't want to troll, Only a true friend can speak it's heart.
Quote:
It was a RPG/RTS... back then.

The game started with Game Maker... we got a running 2d RTS game very simple...

Than it moved to 3d, the engine was been build by a free lance programer. The engine at the time can import the model and the models also supported textures.

There are a few ideas for the game, one of them was a cube world... Other are much like what we have here, because the story was not fully written back than... and it's also so far back, I can't remenber, sorry.

I quit/got the boot on 2001. ITIS Creation disbaned, new company formed creating this game.
I do not even know if this “Someguy” is just pulling our leg or what, but I'll try to respond the best I can.

Dawn of fantasy has been in production for yes a very long time, in that time dawn of fantasy as evolved tremendously to a point where having the thought of the game when it started to what it is and what it will be in the end is such a large contrast in comparison that there is no real point because it truthfully is a different game that what it was. The amount of content we have added to the game in just a year completely outweighs the content it had only a year and so ago!
To say (out of context) that it was your game and ‘everything went wrong’, ‘what happened to it’, ‘why has it changed so much’, is just a ignorant insult to us for the reason that was a completely different game back then, if you can even call the thing you described a game in the first place.

-Thread Closed

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 08-08-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread