Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Castle Design Suggestion - Page 9 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I believe that you will be able to customize your walls and castle but I don't know how extensively.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I believe that you will be able to customize your walls and castle but I don't know how extensively.
lets just hope they meet the balance im thinking it wont be to dramatic changes but enough to make your castle your own.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:34 PM

willrockyo1 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha30ns View Post
i know this game probably already has the wall thing taken care of but i thought of this while playing forge on halo 3 lol.
(...maybe it could be included in dof 2 lol jk)

seeing as how some people like building there own castles and not having defualt ones i was thinking what if there was a castle editor that allows you to design your castle the way you want it before you start your mmo or skirmish game. like say you only have a certain amount of resources to design your castle, and there is a boundary so your castle wont take up the entire map. also you couldnt be able to stack walls next to each other. and have to have plots inbetween wall segments.

i know theres some problems to this but this is a short description. and i wanted to know what you thought about it.
This is an incredible suggestion. The more customizable the wall the better people will feel about this game, guaranteed. No one likes having the same cookie cutter positions, even if you can upgrade the various components.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Beta testers will get to play around with the scenario design editor and who knows, maybe we'll take some fan-made strongholds, balance them up, and add them to the game.

Also, we will be revamping the wall construction. They'll still be preset, but you will have at least a dozen different formations you can build.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
but you will have at least a dozen different formations you can build.
Now thats something I like to hear
Old 02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Right I would that after 20 designs it would get really confusing. Have many "balanced" build plans sounds like a great way to go.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Hah! Just what I suggested in my thread: A set of different formations, for example a star-shaped city or other shapes. Nice to hear it's been/going to be revamped.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Beta testers will get to play around with the scenario design editor and who knows, maybe we'll take some fan-made strongholds, balance them up, and add them to the game.

Also, we will be revamping the wall construction. They'll still be preset, but you will have at least a dozen different formations you can build.
That's neat. I know eventually people will know the strategies for different wall types and configurations. I'm glad that Reverie is open enough for player submission to keep things fresh and interesting
Old 02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
Hah! Just what I suggested in my thread: A set of different formations, for example a star-shaped city or other shapes. Nice to hear it's been/going to be revamped.
this has always been the case. lol i think someone got scared and gave out another expression but since i joined, you always had the choice of many wall designs and layouts all with their advantages and disadvantages, I.e. wanting to just go size rather than defensive or defence rather than size comes with their own problems
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Meh, when it comes to size bigger isn't necessarily better. Think of how long it would take to get your archers to where they are needed. Of course, you can take a lot of damage in a bigger stronghold...