Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Castle Design Suggestion - Page 10 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I think limiting the player to selecting from numerous different designs is one of the best solutions to this "problem".
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

I Want A Lot Of Designs!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

I'm not so worried about castles looking the same, but the terrain around them. If every map was a clone of the previous, I'd pull my hair out.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

well the more designs the more player created, and as for the size that matter thing, your right its not, and i didnt say that but some people will want to focus on workers/rescourses/quests rather that seiging/being beseiged so their aim will not to create a amazingly hard wall to destroy and be more on the emphasys of more houses more farms ect, plus you cannot forget the price a simple wall will be alot cheaper than a very elegant desgined wall... i for one have a mind in what i want it to be and hope they have a design to go with this. So i do hope they have lots of designs to pick from and one of these to be as i want it
Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
well the more designs the more player created, and as for the size that matter thing, your right its not, and i didnt say that but some people will want to focus on workers/rescourses/quests rather that seiging/being beseiged so their aim will not to create a amazingly hard wall to destroy and be more on the emphasys of more houses more farms ect, plus you cannot forget the price a simple wall will be alot cheaper than a very elegant desgined wall... i for one have a mind in what i want it to be and hope they have a design to go with this. So i do hope they have lots of designs to pick from and one of these to be as i want it
I am sure that when the game comes out - most of us will be satisfied and pleasently surprised by what the devs have put out.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
I am sure that when the game comes out - most of us will be satisfied and pleasently surprised by what the devs have put out.
Same here. I'm really banking on being able to create a clifftop fortress with a massive curtain wall and really crowded streets, made to look "lived in"
Old 12-04-2010, 06:26 PM

Trifler has a default reputation

I'm all for modular wall construction (I like modular design in everything!). This would make a good addition in an expansion.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I didn't post it in its own thread, funnily enough it was in a topic generically about defence and castle building. That is where the issue arose, where people were disheartened by not being able to make their own castles. Funny that!
So yeah, good research then. You've excelled yourself
It's not like it matters anyway, if you ever feel someone is stealing an idea, just link to the thread that came first. These threads are date stamped though they all come in different names, one of the things I try to do when I bring up these idea's is say "I have tried to find another thread for this topic but couldn't find one, if anyone knows of a thread where this is discussed please link it"

That way if either thread becomes popular the link carries people over to the first one. It's a great way to keep old threads alive.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 AM

SonicMonkey has a default reputation

being able to build castles like stronghold would be great, but not likely
Old 01-20-2011, 06:39 PM

DarkLord7854 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifler View Post
I'm all for modular wall construction (I like modular design in everything!). This would make a good addition in an expansion.
+1

Love designing stuff. A quick-setup/default option is always nice but having the ability to edit it further and make it unique is very much welcome.