Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Marching Armies Across the Map. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

DanX2007 has a default reputation
Default Marching Armies\ Battles

I assume this topic was already started before, but I thought I would try to provide an example as to how it was used.

In my opinion, I think it would be nice to implement a system where it kinda follows the idea of an RTS called 'Lords of the Realm 3.' In this game, there was a giant world map, and you had to march to each city in order to conquer it, it would usually take 2-5 minutes to arrive at the nearest city, depending on the distance.

However, your army can be intercepted along its travels. When your army is attacked, you can choose to fight the battle yourself, which would bring you down to a tactical phase of the battlefield where you control your units in real time, or let the AI take it over and fight for you. If the AI fights the battle for you, you can also choose to jump right back into the fight if you wish. (By double clicking an icon on the world map showing the two armies fighting). You can also leave the battle and let the AI take over as you seem fit.

This allows you to fight other battles around the world, as well as manage your kingdom.

Now I'm trying to keep this short so I don't create a wall of text, so if you have any specific questions, please ask. .

I understand also if this would be an unwelcome change, because it would drastically change some of the mechanics already put in place in the game as of now, but I thought I would share my suggestion never-the-less.

Last edited by DanX2007 : 08-02-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanX2007 View Post
I assume this topic was already started before, but I thought I would try to provide an example as to how it was used.

In my opinion, I think it would be nice to implement a system where it kinda follows the idea of an RTS called 'Lords of the Realm 3.' In this game, there was a giant world map, and you had to march to each city in order to conquer it, it would usually take 2-5 minutes to arrive at the nearest city, depending on the distance.

However, your army can be intercepted along its travels. When your army is attacked, you can choose to fight the battle yourself, which would bring you down to a tactical phase of the battlefield where you control your units in real time, or let the AI take it over and fight for you. If the AI fights the battle for you, you can also choose to jump right back into the fight if you wish. (By double clicking an icon on the world map showing the two armies fighting). You can also leave the battle and let the AI take over as you seem fit.

This allows you to fight other battles around the world, as well as manage your kingdom.

Now I'm trying to keep this short so I don't create a wall of text, so if you have any specific questions, please ask. .

I understand also if this would be an unwelcome change, because it would drastically change some of the mechanics already put in place in the game as of now, but I thought I would share my suggestion never-the-less.
only thing that doest actually make the system reverie put up is the army figthing on there own (if u include them microing themselves ) but other than that reverie's system is loads of better
Old 08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy View Post
only thing that doest actually make the system reverie put up is the army figthing on there own (if u include them microing themselves ) but other than that reverie's system is loads of better
Micro'ing AI FTW

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 AM

Ciprian has a default reputation
Default travel on map

it's a great ideea and it would make game very intresting to travel with army on the map and others to atack there,but there must be some good reasons to travel on map with army
Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Trotibal

yes is good, to intercept others
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM

Alemenexius has a default reputation

it would would add a lot more strategy to the game so i hope so