Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New players vs old ones - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 06:11 PM

Magicus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
they can be vesavius but you'd be losing troops with nothing in return. Plus the player has to accept PVP to actually be attacked which makes me hope we have mods in game in case some kids decide to start flame wars or just being annoying.
I'm glad you noticed.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
I'm glad you noticed.
I know about that but im more concerned about payers instead of kids.I don't see many immature kids playing DOF anyways since it's a slow paced game and not a COD type of game . And the idea of paying money to becomes first fast and NOT being able to attack players at will also makes this game a big no-no for kids.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

macamus has a default reputation

I believe there is a limit to how much influence points you can spend in a day
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Kajanov has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamus View Post
I believe there is a limit to how much influence points you can spend in a day
First there is that and the system only allows you to attack armies of same strength or higher than your own. I assume same is true for cities. Also your city is not attackable until it reaches a certain level of growth.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
And how will you define veteran?A guy could just spend say 400 dollars or 500 dollars and have the entire city built in a few hours and would just wait to produce armies and start crushing the rest.How will that be unfair according to you?if we had a newbie protection you still wouldn't be able to protect against him. Also some people can do that.I learned that from even worse games and how crazy the amounts invested can be. And it only takes a few guys to ruin all. And would you consider this guy a veteran because he got everything in a few hours instead of months?Shop can't buy you power but it can speed up things by a lot and if you just start and the next day you get destroyed by a ''coiner'', well it wouldn't be too fun
That would be me, the 500 dollar man
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by axal011 View Post
That would be me, the 500 dollar man
lol, too bad this game is about skill not money so....when I'l be reaching your army strength I'l have more experience and probably better leveled armies and heroes
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Vish_Virtus has a default reputation

Quote:
lol, too bad this game is about skill not money so....when I'l be reaching your army strength I'l have more experience and probably better leveled armies and heroes
Sure, but if you have money it should makes it very easy at the start of the game to be very strong, but that strenght will diminish fast. I am guessing after the first week most players will have a clear understanding to the game, Most people will have there kingdoms done very fast.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Virtus View Post
Sure, but if you have money it should makes it very easy at the start of the game to be very strong, but that strenght will diminish fast. I am guessing after the first week most players will have a clear understanding to the game, Most people will have there kingdoms done very fast.
It does,but you can only att players the same strength as you. Which means money CAN make you strong quite fast,but you'l only fight players who have the same strength,which will be other people paying. On the other side, people who don't pay and learn the game slowly will dominate later because they will have more experience. Don't forget this game is not about having the best units,but how you use your units. Like the dragons seems very powerful and THEY ARE, but they are scaled so that you can't become super powerful or impossible to kill. You'l see what I mean after the game starts.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Zekarde has a default reputation

You could I suppose, buff low level fortifications to make them a bit more formidable. For example allow arrow proofing of palisade towers(the roof thingy) or make more easily accessible units(like macemen) more difficult to counter.

It might serve also to add a quest with a cpu siege the player needs to fend off before becoming vulnerable himself, training people who have a hard time with these things to defend themselves. As a general rule though, giving defenders better odds protects young players and makes late game pvp a far more intense and methodical experience.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekarde View Post
You could I suppose, buff low level fortifications to make them a bit more formidable. For example allow arrow proofing of palisade towers(the roof thingy) or make more easily accessible units(like macemen) more difficult to counter.

It might serve also to add a quest with a cpu siege the player needs to fend off before becoming vulnerable himself, training people who have a hard time with these things to defend themselves. As a general rule though, giving defenders better odds protects young players and makes late game pvp a far more intense and methodical experience.
defenders do have better odds though. As for training people that isn't worth bothering for since they can train themselves in kingdom wars mode where it's safe and easy.