EVE Online - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation
Default EVE Online

I must admit, I was quite surprised to learn that an eve online thread hadn't been made. And with all the wonderful new patches that have been released recently, I was curious to see who else played and what they are thinking of the game and it's direction.

Also, what is your role? Are you a miner? Trader? Pirate? Merc? Ect...?

And final question, what's your alliance/corp.

Ill go hop in game and create a public channel so we can all chat while care bearing or owning it up in 0.0

'Dwn-of-Fntsy' no quotes.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 PM

elcooleo248 has a default reputation

World of Warcraft imo. Eve is just a terrible game all together
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcooleo248 View Post
World of Warcraft imo. Eve is just a terrible game all together
Infraction sent.
Trolling or fueling/starting/participating in a flame war is not allowed. Nor does anyone want to hear your baseless criticism. You knew someone was going to fight over what you posted.
Please do not do this again, and I encourage everyone else not to respond to his post so as not to cause anymore problems.

On another note, I've been having a blast in EVE lately. I joined your chat in the game, and the new character creator is really awesome. Avatars look pretty real, so I was quite happy with it.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 AM

Squiglypig has a default reputation

I'm playing WoW regularly now, but maybe 1 years ago I played EvE online.

I actually had a fun time with it, but since I only played the trial version I couldn't exactly make the best for myself in there.
I've also heard many nasty things about the way corps are run in the game, but most of those rumors I heard from a guy that complains about literally EVERYTHING, so I might join you guys in EvE online sometime.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiglypig View Post
I'm playing WoW regularly now, but maybe 1 years ago I played EvE online.

I actually had a fun time with it, but since I only played the trial version I couldn't exactly make the best for myself in there.
I've also heard many nasty things about the way corps are run in the game, but most of those rumors I heard from a guy that complains about literally EVERYTHING, so I might join you guys in EvE online sometime.
Hmmm, I had a really bad experience with a corp I had been with forever a couple months ago because they where paranoid and though I was a spy, heh. I got the boot, no questions asked and I had been with them for about half a year. But from my experience, thus far, it's not common that something like that happens.

The most **** thing that happens in game is back stabbing, IMO... People seeding them selves in corps and alliances and stealing everything. It's all fun and games and funny to point and laugh until it happens to your corp and you lose ships. T.T

The games biggest criticism is that its politics are too close to real life. That and it has a pretty hefty learning curve.

-Dalkor
Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 AM

The learning curve is nothing for me, I learn easily. What sorta troubles me IS the politics, because they ARE pretty damn close to RL, but instead of being caught and put in jail, they can simply say "LOLOLOLOLOL" and keep on playing the game.

I think I got a cruiser as my latest ship, this awesome looking thing with curves and a cyan hue that made it look really damn sharp!
But I've gotten a bit more peaceful lately and I've also been playing some X3, so I'd probably be a trader or miner now instead of a pirate or merc.

I actually remember that the ammo I used for my weapon was tungsten because of the MUCH higher damage. Sure, the range was nothing to be proud of, but when I got within range they could feel it!

Last edited by Squiglypig : 01-28-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:47 AM

Energy has a default reputation

I'm just hoping this game is sandbox style like Eve.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiglypig View Post
The learning curve is nothing for me, I learn easily. What sorta troubles me IS the politics, because they ARE pretty damn close to RL, but instead of being caught and put in jail, they can simply say "LOLOLOLOLOL" and keep on playing the game.

I think I got a cruiser as my latest ship, this awesome looking thing with curves and a cyan hue that made it look really damn sharp!
But I've gotten a bit more peaceful lately and I've also been playing some X3, so I'd probably be a trader or miner now instead of a pirate or merc.

I actually remember that the ammo I used for my weapon was tungsten because of the MUCH higher damage. Sure, the range was nothing to be proud of, but when I got within range they could feel it!
yeahhh, I like flying fast fast ships, so you are likely to find me in a frigate/assault frigate/interceptor/heavy assault frigate.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 AM

Emerson120 has a default reputation

I also only played the trial version. I did notice the learning curve but it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone who puts some time and effort in to learning it. What I didn't like though was that it takes too much time to learn your skills. You can't exactly rush through the game so be prepared to spend some time!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson120 View Post
I also only played the trial version. I did notice the learning curve but it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone who puts some time and effort in to learning it. What I didn't like though was that it takes too much time to learn your skills. You can't exactly rush through the game so be prepared to spend some time!
Well I guess they put it like that for that very same reason: That you can't rush through the game.

Imagine, if you played WoW, that you could get the top tier 85 PvE AND PvP gear in about a week to a month.

That would make playing it pointless, since you wouldn't be able to get any better gear.