Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What usually happens when I try to get someone to play Dawn of Fantasy - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinternetman View Post
Persistent non-customizable (for the vast majority) castles with a small online matchmaking interface is not an MMORTS and Reverie is blatantly falsely advertising to justify micro-transactions because their publisher is probably forcing them in some passive aggressive form to do so.
And in the end this is what the posts degenerate into
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM

jojary has fair reputation

I have been following this game for quite a while now and if you read the right posts to can pick up on hint on what could be included in this game. The developers need to release this game soon though this is not the end. There was a post that say the approximate size of the released game of the top of my head it was 8 or 9 gig then it was mentioned that we can expect 12 gig in expansions soon after release. So as you can imagine that a lot of new content. Other suggestion posts talked about a hardcore mode where you can take over and conquer this concept was discussed with post players and DEVs, and I perceived the topic to be welcomed by most. What im saying is the release might not have everything, but it wont stop developing and there is plenty of potential.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Quote:
I've played the game for a few weeks now so I'm aware of the current game mechanics and the future ones.
But not all features including PVP have been released to the beta yet so how can you know exactly what's going on? This is just the beta phase where the DEVs are trying to eliminate bugs in certain aspects of the game before they release new features. If the beta included every feature right away then it would be harder to find issues in the game that can then be fixed. The beta isn't there to sell the game but to polish it before it hits the shelves so it's unlikely that it will ever interest people into playing something that is not yet complete.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
It's clear the devs have decided (based on their posts) to blatantly say "No, we don't want to do this with our game" to the many many many people who want some form of online conquest or even ability to play against specific players. That's the entire point of a true MMORTS.
Where did you read this!? The only thing that we have blatantly said that we wont have in the game is towns visible on the world map and thats it. There is a lot of misscommunication going in this forum. Kon in the forum as personally said that there will be a form of conquest in this game. Its also been mentioned that after launch there will be a lot of customization options added to this game. Ranging from wall layout, which will change town layout, many different homelands (I think it was mentioned that we might try and put in randomized homelands).

I'm also tired of people saying the false advertising of this game being an MMO just because they arent happy with everything. The MMO genre is so loosely defined that you cant really accuse any MMO of falsely advertising.

Now we didnt have time for everything to be ingame and as the game sits it seems pretty stripped down to a lot of people. Like I said if the game gets enough support there will be a lot of content and not just new units and textures, new gameplay will be added too.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Gamers these days just expect TOO much, in my opinion and should give these guys a break they're a new company trying to please as many followers as possible, they have been workin on this for years and have come a real long way and most followers like the way the games look and dont care for the "mmo" part of the game and just like the fact that you have a consistent economy to grow and make changes on your own. The game is already an mmo in some cases of the pvp, so just give them time they are new as henry said and dont have all the time, money or support as they would need to please everyone.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Vigilus has good reputation

In response to Khan Krieger:
Reverie hasn't "made it" yet, its all thankless hard work until you make a finished product. Everyone wants to experience something new, gamers these days have such a broad knowledge of good and bad game design that they can demand much more specific ideas and implementation, making the developer's life all the more difficult.

Such is the evolution of the industry. To say that the problem stems with the gamers is to say that gamers shouldn't demand more, they should be happy with the same old same old, or a variation thereof. Implementing Khan Krieger's line of thinking to the industry as a whole would cause it to stagnate, become irrelevant and ultimately die. Its like eating the same dish over and over, even if its prepared by a master chef, you will want something substantially new after a few weeks. Changing the recipe by a little only prolongs the inevitable, gamers want a fundamental enhancement to the ideas and implementation across the industry. Game designers don't have control over a lot of realities about the major influences in the tech industry that trickle down and limit them, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try like hell .

I respect these magicians, keep it up!

Everyone craves new experiences, and the potential for gamers to experience something that they most likely never experience is the major allure of gaming today. This is the heart and soul of the industry and what it provides for gamers.

In response to Henry Martin:

Imposing quality standards upon the industry is the smart gamer's prerogative.
From what Henry has stated, Reverie is taking the constructive criticism to heart, which is all that we gamers can ask of a group of developers. This kind of hopeful information is all that is needed to ensure good communication between the developers and the people on the forums.
Naturally it will need to be followed up with action, an act of good faith before the games goes live by implementing a large recommendation would be an important way to demonstrate reverie's strength as a company in the gamers' eyes.

Too many times beyond count have developers made such promises and then ran with the money from their investor satisfying initial release profit figures.
Promising the game will be fully fleshed out AFTER release is another way of saying that you may get around to it later on down the line. Naturally, reverie might be different, but as a new company in my gamer view, reverie has to earn my trust. This trust is worth earning, since you will be starting to brand your products and get all the financial benefits if you do so properly.

I am not stating what I think about reverie, but rather what the game industry has taught me through my own personal interaction. I am by far not alone on this, I have seen many industry complaints similar to my own on almost every forum for every game I have ever been interested in.

Thank you Henry for the good news, that reverie is planning on implementing additional creative suggestions from these forums to improve the game. A good line to follow in the forums would be going into specifics on what will be implemented and how, to further create gamer interest in the game and market your company as a "cut above" the competition by providing a great developer to gamer relationship. An industry example of this marketing idea is Stardock, when they did this with their "gamers bill of rights".

I look forward to each and every update!
Knowing that a company is willing to actually work with gamers to receive input is exactly what gamers need. But i'll reiterate, it needs to be followed up by hard action before purchase of the game or the promise doesn't mean a thing.

Last edited by Vigilus : 07-11-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
uh where in there did i say that they "made it" becasue they are still in beta. All i said was that the need the support of their followers because they are new at this and dont have the money or as much team experience as some of the other big companies. And i wasnt sayin that games should stay the same plus i dissagree with your statement on gamers knowing more, because majority of them dont know anything and jus think a game is good because it has good graphics. Thats all i ever hear these days is people complaining saying oh i dont like the graphics so im not interested, many big games that are still played to this day have "bad graphics" as new gamers call it. But anyways most people get too much by one thing and when its put in they think of something else. I was drawn in from the start and havnt complained once...well other then some of the bugs but still i understand you have your own opinoin as do I. I like people like gamers like you who actually explain more about what you dont like rather then saying one word
Old 07-11-2011, 06:39 PM

Firespray has a default reputation

I found this game out through a friend, looks quite interesting so I am tempted to try it out. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good from the dev diaries.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Vigilus has good reputation

Oh khan I was responding to your post, i was not quoting and analyzing it word for word. Those are my words, meant to approach the topic from a different angle and lead you along a line of thinking that is a response to your post. Thanks for the love, I do what little I can .
Old 07-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Smiles has a default reputation

I'm the only one in my group of friends that likes games like this one. I give them a change if it looks like the programmers put some work into it, but non of my friends will even look at them.