Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Ive got a downfall for you - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Alunya has a default reputation
Default Ive got a downfall for you

Since there will be some hardcore players in this game (including me lol) beginers are going go find it way to hard to get to a decent stage, since the big cities are just going to attack as soon as they see someone new,How ya gonna fix this, because you are going to lose a lot of players because of this problem
Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
You will only be able to fight players that have cities that are of a level similar to yours (you won't be able to destroy all the new guys before they have a chance to play a little)
Old 07-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunya View Post
Since there will be some hardcore players in this game (including me lol) beginers are going go find it way to hard to get to a decent stage, since the big cities are just going to attack as soon as they see someone new,How ya gonna fix this, because you are going to lose a lot of players because of this problem

I must say, that is a fairly good rant for someone who has never played the game nor knows exactly how the multiplayer actually works.

Precautions have been and are going to be in place in MMORTS to prevent this sort of unfair and unbalanced exploit seen in a few games.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 PM

Khyron has a default reputation

Please read the material in FAQ, the material on the main site, and use common sence. This game dose not appear to have the short comeings of standard RTS games. I only say appears as well i have not played this game as of yet, but do have faith in the development team.

Oh and welcome to the forums.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 AM

Alunya has a default reputation
Default Fair dues

Well since this game isnt out as of yet then i cannot actually see the precactions you have put in place, Just id hate to see a game of this calibre fail due to small little things
Old 07-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

monsterfurby has a default reputation

Since I understand the online part to be more of a sophisticated matchmaking service [i.e. the development in your city might be persistent, but it is basically pasted into a map with the city of your opponent once a game starts. No "connected" persistent world, at least that's how I imagine it], I reckon this problem just won't exist.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Feweh has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunya View Post

Buddy read around before you just post away... They've said it plenty of times that everyone will fight level to level basicly.