Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What is the most exciting thing about DoF to you? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Betatron has a default reputation
Default What is the most exciting thing about DoF to you?

I just read that you need one post to get into the beta so I went and made a one sentence reply to the beta opening. Since I am really excited for this game I thought that was a little lame on my part so time to talk with the community. So as the title says what are you most looking forwards to. For me its not so much a feature but more everything coming together to make one amazing scene. The battle of five armies, ok so their are a few details missing but bare with me here. I am picturing a large force of five different armies with a plan to attack the others fortress city. Along the way all five meet at a giant crater all five clashing against one another and only one walking away the victor to march his army to siege his opponent. I dont really see any other game that could allow that kind of random chance battle and have it give real consequence. So what are you looking forward to?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 AM

xPRNOIA has a default reputation

I'm looking forward to not being disappointed in a video game for once since the first time I played Starcraft.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 AM

jambai has a default reputation

My first post :d
I've just heard about this game and I can't believe I haven't seen it until now. Checked some screens/trailers/features and wow! what an ambitious project!

It looks like a wet dream of mine lol! RTS+RPG+MMO with all juicy details and good graphics. I can't wait till release (or beta? pls )

Edit: Btw does the dev team include people from Stainless Studios? It pretty much says so in the About page. If that's the case I'm even more excited!

Last edited by jambai : 06-02-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

PeterLePresident has a default reputation

I first heard about this game on a Gametrailers Dev diary about sieges. I was really blown away by the scale of the game and the incredible mix-up between rts, rpg and mmo (like jambai said it is a dream!), but it didn't got to me, because it felt somewhat sloppy (turns out it was bad video quality). So I decided to come here and get a second opinion. Let me tell you, I got overhyped for this game while reading the beginner's guide, I was seeing how much depth has that game and how the three genres are interlaced without one being left out.

This game is a gift from the gods of gaming or the baby of Papa RTS and Mamma MMORPG, I don't know, but I do know this game will live up to what it is, an ambitous and a well-made cross-genre game.

Oh and yeah can't wait to test it or salivate on videos and pictures until the release date and then play!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Stragus has a default reputation

I found out about this game on Metacritic, of all places. The idea of being able to build my own thriving city while playing in an MMO setting immediately sold me. I love the concept.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 AM

Ghost will become famous soon enough

The feature that's got me chomping at the bit is large scale multiplayer battles. PvP hasn't been enabled yet in the beta, so we haven't seen anything of the MMO part of the game. But I can't wait to do a 2v2 siege or hopefully something like a 6v6 or 8v8. There hasn't been word yet on what the max size of the battles will be.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin

Xecuter has a default reputation

I've been looking for a good MMORTS for ages. I've tested most PC MMORTS' and i was disapointed with most of them. Browser games are either not complex enough or lack the immersion i'm looking for.

I was a beta tester for Beyond Protocol, at first that game looked promising and the beta was amazing! But with every update, the game got worse and worse. I finally stopped playing when it went gold.

Right now i'm playing Eve Online, i've been playing for the past year non stop. The depth is incredible and the immersion is getting better with every expansion. But it's not an MMORTS...

I'm really looking forward to Dawn of fantasy since it seems it will be the first game to meet all my criteria! I can't wait to play!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Betatron has a default reputation

Quote:
I've tested most PC MMORTS' and i was disapointed with most of them
I feel the same way. I was interested when Age of Empires online said it was going to be a "persistent world mmorts" but really what they meant was you can now out gear your opponent and there really isnt any mmo to speak of except a giant chat room. So I am really hoping DoF lives up to my expectations.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Mrmekz has a default reputation

The persistent world multiplayer interactivity.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM

Orzo has a default reputation

The hope that I'll get a beta key!