Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Economy, Trade & Military - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM

Whiplash27 has a default reputation
Default Economy, Trade & Military

Haven't had a chance to be part of the beta, but I was thinking. Not sure I read about it anywhere (although I now see a trade thread a page back, but I guess this expands a bit more on it). How about being able to trade with nearby towns/allies? Any kind of resource (food, gold, lumber, weapons, etc), maybe caravans carrying tribute, things of that nature going back and forth between towns.

It'd be a great way of getting items that maybe you aren't proficient in producing. Maybe unlock certain items? Whatever it may be.

Now as a part of this, an opposing army can setup a blockade around your town. This would make it so nothing comes in and out of your city walls. Any caravan of any sort would be destroyed and the spoils going to the aggressor. The only way to get stop this is to get rid of your enemy.

Also, maybe have supply wagons going back and forth between your town and the front lines. An enemy can then go and cut off your supplies from getting to your soldiers, causing you to retreat. Not sure how long a battle will last, but attrition should be an important part of defense.

It would definitely increase the interaction between players in the online mode.

Last edited by Whiplash27 : 05-31-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Trade is already a big part of both the Online Kingdom and the Kingdom Wars modes.

As for embargoes and supply wagons - no units will be able to leave the town while that town is under attack. Sieges simply don't last long enough for caravans to travel to and from a nearby town - however races either have market buildings where they can transmute resources for a fee or sustainable economies within their walls, granting them the resources they need during a siege.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Ognjen has a default reputation

One question,will there be a option to set your own price on selling items,so u can control market ?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin

lucidious7 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ognjen View Post
One question,will there be a option to set your own price on selling items,so u can control market ?
I'm curiouse about this too. I know this thread is a few days old, but I would love to hear about how the player to player economy will work if in fact there is one. Trading with allies would be a great option. I haven't heard anything about this. Is there an economy outside of trading off your resources with NPCs!? And as quoted above will players be able to control prices?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

yankeejim has a default reputation

Controlling the market would add a huge other aspect to the game. Especially along the diplomacy front. Wars for resources...whoda thunk it.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:52 AM

CryoPyrus has a default reputation

Yea, I'm going through and posting on pretty much every thread... no matter how old...
Anyway, I like the trade with allies idea, I haven't played the game yet, but... hey, I'll support it. From the above posts I have enough info... controlling the market is a good idea, and I like the concept of wars over resources...