Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

castle - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Khyron has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyro11 View Post
Like Puppeteer and Ash have said, I think there needs to be a number of templates that one can choose from, otherwise the standard template will be just too stringent and allow for one set of strategies only. Allowing a template system (with buildplots still included in-city) wouldn't be as farfetched an idea as just allowing free building of walls wherever one desires.
If i have been reading these forums correctly your castle is predesigned by the dev team based on the map you select for your home territory. Thus it is my interperation that each map will have a optomised/balanced build that will make sense. After all this is medieval fantasy and i do not want to see base creep just to get that saw mill or tiberium refinery in a certain spot.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

If castles are predesigned by the dev team for each map then it would be really nice to have a gallery of them on main site for each race and each map. That way people could decide which stronhold design is to their liking and choose place where to start their village etc. just by looking at final castle in such gallery.

Last edited by Kell Aset : 03-22-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell Aset View Post
If castles are predesigned by the dev team for each map then it would be really nice to have a gallery of them on main site for each race and each map. That way people could decide which stronhold design is to their liking and choose place where to start their village etc. just by looking at final castle in such gallery.
sounds like a good idea, but wouldnt you choose your location for its surrounding area, its defendability and its resources? not its asthetic values?
Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Lordadamar has a default reputation

I would just like to point out this game is called

Dawn of FANTASY not

Dawn of REALITY

If players cant have some controll over custom castle layouts then once you find a flaw in design on the preset ones, then there is no contest always show up to battle and pound the same spot and win... Call it a built in game exploit the kind that will be posted on the internet ina month after game releases.

Now if you take out the possiblity of commonalities theres more player advantage to the players defending there castle. which there should be.. A good defense is the best offense..

same old keeping it realistic commet when its 90% fantasy..
Old 03-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
sounds like a good idea, but wouldnt you choose your location for its surrounding area, its defendability and its resources? not its asthetic values?
I didn't say that it was only about asthetic value no no, I have had on my mind also fortification layouts. With mentioned gallery I could calculate defense value of each city at least in my own eyes and a way how each of them could be defended (easier or harder for me), to choose one city and place for it that fits me most.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell Aset View Post
I didn't say that it was only about asthetic value no no, I have had on my mind also fortification layouts. With mentioned gallery I could calculate defense value of each city at least in my own eyes and a way how each of them could be defended (easier or harder for me), to choose one city and place for it that fits me most.
All the castle layouts will be similar but their surroundings is what will matters, mountains forests rivers etc...
Old 03-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, according to the screenshots, you can build things on mountains and such. It adjusts. Pretty awesome I think.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

I have seen somewhere that structures adjust themselves yes, but information that all castles will have same scheme is quite hmn suprising .

Still some strongholds placed on terrain with rivers will have small bridges inside them and those small bridges can be important defense points for player. So I think mentioned gallery could be useful.
I am little curious if there will be a possibility to get into the castle by river that goes through it, interesting.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I wish you can make a canal of water around your castle so that enemies can't get in, lol.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

You mean of course moat? right?