Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

So is this worth waiting for? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default So is this worth waiting for?

I was looking up MMORTSs the whole day today after downloading SAGA (which I didn't like, the graphics and animations are just sad) and I found Battleforge which I'm planning to play, but in the end I found this. battleforge still isnt it, I want something that lets you have a dynamic ongoing place you call "home" where you can be in safety and whenever you want. Battleforge is more like a traditional RTS except its online only.
So then I see the beta comes out this spring and will be available for forum members, I said hey, why not try this. The graphics dont look like crap, they're pretty decent, and the promised features seem cool too. It looks like the game will be hard - oh hell yes, all the other players attacking you... It'll be one hell of a challenge but worth to try, I guess.
Cheers mates, good luck
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 AM

joasoze has a default reputation

I betatested Battleforge and found it lacking. Just another RTS. Nothing really interesting. They will try to make money from selling cards to use in battle. Going to be balance hell, and who would want to first buy a game and then pay for cards. Cant really se where they are going.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 AM

Artilla has a default reputation

beyond protocol is nice also if you don't care about grafhics..

you can adjust almost everything..
Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I was looking up MMORTSs the whole day today after downloading SAGA (which I didn't like, the graphics and animations are just sad) and I found Battleforge which I'm planning to play, but in the end I found this. battleforge still isnt it, I want something that lets you have a dynamic ongoing place you call "home" where you can be in safety and whenever you want. Battleforge is more like a traditional RTS except its online only.
So then I see the beta comes out this spring and will be available for forum members, I said hey, why not try this. The graphics dont look like crap, they're pretty decent, and the promised features seem cool too. It looks like the game will be hard - oh hell yes, all the other players attacking you... It'll be one hell of a challenge but worth to try, I guess.
Cheers mates, good luck
Hello Litos, welcome to the forums.

Hey this game should be fun and this is absolutely a place you can call home.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
I found Battleforge which I'm planning to play, but in the end I found this. battleforge still isnt it, I want something that lets you have a dynamic ongoing place you call "home" where you can be in safety and whenever you want. Battleforge is more like a traditional RTS except its online only.
I think Battleforge is fun, but nothing innovative or outstanding. Beta will do for me.

Yeah, look at some of the update topics here as they contain the newest screenshots. They show some pretty dynamic stuff.

Last edited by Puppeteer : 03-11-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Clearing up ambiguity
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM

I do have a thing for graphics - it's one of the reasons I didn't like saga.
Battleforge seems to have beautiful effects and pretty good graphics and animations. I didnt realize you had to buy cards for real money I thought they were in-game money... Honestly, that kinda sucks.
Yeah BF isn't what I'm looking for, as I said I want something like DoF seems to be. I can't wait for the first closed beta, I wanna get in so bad! This game seems so damn promising. It seems similar to saga but looks SO much better already. It's way more dynamic and free (as in you dont have a tiny piece of land to build your stuff, you can expand all over the place).
By the way, is this an open world or is it also divided into loading screens like saga?
edit: wow, I just noticed the main CEO of this company is Russian. That is so awesome. I'm a soviet. No wonder this game is going to be awesome
Edit again: Where are these update topics? I can't find them.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 03-11-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

There are a lot of seperate topics for updates-the latest update is here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517

Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Welcome, by the way. All the update topics can be found in 'General Discussions', but here are the update topics from the start of this year:
Elven Gameplay
Unofficial Trailer
Water Features
Region Overviews
Battles
World Designs
Cities

Quote:
I didnt realize you had to buy cards for real money I thought they were in-game money... Honestly, that kinda sucks.
This may be true, but it doesn't appear to be a necessity. I have a nice (to the extent that it can be) Nature deck already, and if this trend continues to the game itself then I see no need for pouring in more money. Some people argue that, because you don't pay monthly and only for cards, you're saving money. As if paying monthly should be the expected norm -_-
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM

Cool, thanks. Shouldnt you guys sticky them?
edit: didnt see your post, checking out the threads now.
Oh and I dont get that, you pay 50 dollars for the game as it is... and you gotta pay for cards too, with real money? bs.
wow, just looked at all the threads.
This game is like... made of awesome.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 03-11-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Draco has a default reputation

And dipped in awesome sauce