Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Games where rushing got no point is games that the fortress/village itself is quite powerful i mean see for instance rome total war (even tough its just strategy kinda game) You would never attack with one or two units against a castle, that would be suicide. You wait till you got at least half an army, or some very powerful units. I have seen other games where rushing is no good too... I played stormrise against 7 other players (Or at least thats what it seemed like, i didn't get the teams at all still don't since i haven't played online since then.) No one rushed me, afterwards i learned why. If you just strategically place the right people at the right place no one would attack you because it would simply be suicide... They even waited for the whole army to get ready, they planted siege units outside my entire base. Their aerial units fell like flies, however i lost a unit once in a while tough. My resources was low, and my only defense was 6 of those two legged mechs, two siege tanks and the rest was snipers. My siege tanks took the enemy's siege tanks and other evil doers, my snipers kept the roof free from mind controllers and other snipers, and all the rushers were teared apart from my mechs. It was truly a horrific combination however i lost due to having no income after some time of hard fighting and loosing my snipers and 3 mechs... That is the kinda game where you never rush, if you do you normally get crushed pretty easily That is a defenders most likely to win kinda game, however the attackers get a lot better later. Thats the kinda game i hope this is for, defenders most likely to win in the start and attackers got equal chances later on

Id like to think it would help but im not sure with the build times for walls but chances are Rushes when the game first comes out will be a widely used tactic Along with trying to capture trade carts and things of that nature Fear the rush for it is mighty :x
Old 05-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

of course rushing some places is normal, however you don't rush walled towns... You wait till you got a decent military force
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Yup but there will still be those wondering why they only have lvl 1 and 2 troops cuz they keep rushing fortified walls...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

There are two more upcoming MMORTS's, the Ministry of War and a big surprise named Age of Empires Online.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
There are two more upcoming MMORTS's, the Ministry of War and a big surprise named Age of Empires Online.
Nice new AoE version .... i thought at first. Than i went to look it and was quite let down. The new cartoony graphics (to attract "bigger population"). In my opinion they should just update the old version and would be better. Neither the buildings nor units look something special and just one faction (greeks, oh the good old age which had like 8+(?) factions from start). Finally one of the worst thing is no offline play =(. Well cant judge gameplay yet but i hope it has more massive battles (which i missed in original aoe =)) and some units have special abilities like at aom.
I will sign up for beta to see how it goes if will be chosen. But atm i am not impressed. It would be also better if they did it like stronghold online with original graphics.

What do others AoE lovers think?=)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Archmage

Yeah I feel the same way about it as you do. I don't mind that they're redoing one of the age games but this feels like a cop out to casual gaming and to see an epic series like age do that is not bueno. For one thing LAN is always how we managed the have the most fun back in the day. 3 pc's booted up off of 1 pc. Ah yes and don't forget the gothic rush! Teach those britons who rules the world!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Agreed - the graphics look similar to Battleforge, that is to say very cartoony, and some of the buildings are replicas off AoM (ie. the dock).
But then again, the emphasis in Battleforge is on online play and fun then on realistic graphics. It's meant to be smooth. I only played the beta though, so I'm not that well informed.
Anyway, this will not be a game that I'll purchase.

Last edited by Puppeteer : 08-30-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Archmage

Hey they say that Age online will be free for base copy. Another odd descision when it comes to Age online. But I figure that it will increase the population who are willing to give it a try because it doesn't cost the 50$ that the previous age games have run (not including x/y packs)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

If someone is interested there is another upcoming game, a real epic one remade for online play, Jagged Alliance Online. Those who know and liked the game will be pleased to hear this news. Still I'm waiting for DoF open beta and can't wait to have it on my tabel in a boxed edition.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM

bdco has a default reputation

I suggest SHK