Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Free MMORTS - Page 11 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

downloading it now ^^. god im a c&c freak
well more of a red alert freak but still ^^.
aah the good old days of ra2 . gieb it back!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
downloading it now ^^. god im a c&c freak
well more of a red alert freak but still ^^.
aah the good old days of ra2 . gieb it back!
The only thing C&C/RA does right these days are the cutscenes and music, the actual gameplay coming out of the newer games just doesn't.. I don't know. I just don't like it, ra3 for example never felt right it was just another C&C game, no longer red alert. They're not bad games by any means, just too different for my tastes. I liked RA2 and wanted that with better multiplayer support+graphics, instead we got a totally reworked economic model and crazy units that made the game feel like another universe, not a continuation of RA2.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 02-18-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
The only thing C&C/RA does right these days are the cutscenes and music, the actual gameplay coming out of the newer games just doesn't.. I don't know. I just don't like it, ra3 for example never felt right it was just another C&C game, no longer red alert. They're not bad games by any means, just too different for my tastes. I liked RA2 and wanted that with better multiplayer support+graphics, instead we got a totally reworked economic model and crazy units that made the game feel like another universe, not a continuation of RA2.
And that is the most valid and correct post i have read in a long time... It is true that all they do well is the music, im not too sure even about cutscenes...

Another game that applied for was halo wars, it had some amazing cinematics and the story was okay i guess, but other than that it was just another failed RTS... I hated how fast the multiplayer games degenerated into one unit rushes... Either the notorious 7minute warthog rush, grizzly rush, hawk rush etc... the 'super' units in that game were a bit 'TOO' super...

But admittedly i do still play that game from time to time, simply because of the halo universe it can be quite fun with all the units but i must play with friends, its much better to see a balanced army rather than an army of one unit...
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
And that is the most valid and correct post i have read in a long time... It is true that all they do well is the music, im not too sure even about cutscenes...

Another game that applied for was halo wars, it had some amazing cinematics and the story was okay i guess, but other than that it was just another failed RTS... I hated how fast the multiplayer games degenerated into one unit rushes... Either the notorious 7minute warthog rush, grizzly rush, hawk rush etc... the 'super' units in that game were a bit 'TOO' super...

But admittedly i do still play that game from time to time, simply because of the halo universe it can be quite fun with all the units but i must play with friends, its much better to see a balanced army rather than an army of one unit...
lets hope dof doesnt turn into a big blitz fest
Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I would think the nature of MMO would really help with the pacing. People won't be expecting "real time tatics" *chris taylor*. They will be a little more relaxed that way.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
i hear you, i would give about 100 dollars for a game like ra2. god i miss that game :'(
Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Games where rushing got no point is games that the fortress/village itself is quite powerful i mean see for instance rome total war (even tough its just strategy kinda game) You would never attack with one or two units against a castle, that would be suicide. You wait till you got at least half an army, or some very powerful units. I have seen other games where rushing is no good too... I played stormrise against 7 other players (Or at least thats what it seemed like, i didn't get the teams at all still don't since i haven't played online since then.) No one rushed me, afterwards i learned why. If you just strategically place the right people at the right place no one would attack you because it would simply be suicide... They even waited for the whole army to get ready, they planted siege units outside my entire base. Their aerial units fell like flies, however i lost a unit once in a while tough. My resources was low, and my only defense was 6 of those two legged mechs, two siege tanks and the rest was snipers. My siege tanks took the enemy's siege tanks and other evil doers, my snipers kept the roof free from mind controllers and other snipers, and all the rushers were teared apart from my mechs. It was truly a horrific combination however i lost due to having no income after some time of hard fighting and loosing my snipers and 3 mechs... That is the kinda game where you never rush, if you do you normally get crushed pretty easily That is a defenders most likely to win kinda game, however the attackers get a lot better later. Thats the kinda game i hope this is for, defenders most likely to win in the start and attackers got equal chances later on
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Until waiting for the beta or the full game, there is an announcement here.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Abister has a default reputation

Shattered galaxy was a really fun game, I loved it like crazy. But the "owners" of the game now could give less of a shiz about it. Because of THERE lame system is what got me banned, just don't play that game. It was fun while it lasted, but hey: If it wasn't for the lame "owners" I would have never discovered DoF, so maybe I should give them credit, no?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Not sure what you're talking about. But I played SG for a while, it was fun, but the developers sold the game and all updates ceased (on a bad version no less). That was many years ago, so it's re playability is lacking, plus people that played for years have such an extreme advantage it's just not worth playing if you're new. Again I have no clue what you speak of with this "ban" thing. But that's my take on it.