Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread - Page 79 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Other Faction Would You Like to See?
Dragons 81 16.60%
Dark Elves 30 6.15%
Vikings / Nords 71 14.55%
Undead 128 26.23%
Dwarves 122 25.00%
Minotaurs 33 6.76%
Other 21 4.30%
Gnomes (tech!) 2 0.41%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

chanman20 has a default reputation

Dark Elves
Undead
Dwarves
Minotaurs

all would be fun to play but i really like those
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Magicmud83 has a default reputation

Order of which I would like to see them ingame.

1# Dwarves
2# Undead
3# Minotaurs
4# Dragons

A few others, a women tribe, lizardmen, birdmen, giants, golems (a nice possible dwarf unit though), manbearpigs.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

What if nords and minotaurs were combined? After all, they're both hairy.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
What if nords and minotaurs were combined? After all, they're both hairy.
Reminds me of that kids program i used to watch when i was little, It was called 'Hairy Jeremy' That theme tune... oh no the theme tune, Such a sing along moment! 'His name is jeremy and hes...HAIRY!'

Looks like a close battle between dwarves and undead looking at the poll
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Whoa-dwarves and undead have always been close in the polls, but never like this

Which reminds me, I had an idea about dwarves: make good dwarves, not dumb dwarves.

What I mean is, do what you've done with DOF so far-that is, take a sterotypical fantasy race (seriously-how many fantasy games don't have elves or orcs?) and make it the way it was always ment to be. So make them famlilar, but original.

And here's a thought about the dwarf storyline: for centuries, dwarven society has been steeply based in tradition, and led by thier God-King (for a nice, undwarvish twist ). But with new advances in technology, old traditions are questioned, rebels rise to power, and the God-King is overthrown. Now, the Dwarves are seperated into small kingdoms, in an uneasy alliance with one another.

But the God-King's heir wishes to retake his throne, and is gathering allies to unite the kingdoms. But unlike with the other races, the heir of the king might not be a good guy-in fact, the God-Kings were known for their arrogence, cruelty, and insanity...not to mention supernatural powers.

Also-when magic is added, dwarves should be different. What if thier wizards summoned spirits/demigods/demons to battle, and they did the actual magic?

Twists like these would be nice-because, lets face it, dwarves do get stale after a while.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:39 PM

PhoenixRajoNight has a default reputation

I would like to see minotaurs, they are my fave myth race, but i like undead the best, they arent really a race as much of a Faction.

If you add Undead plz dont do the wow way, which is bacically just zombies. Plz go about it more in a heroes of might and magic way. There are so many diff troops for undead u can use.

Liches, Vampires, Ghouls, Zombies, Wraiths, Wights, Skeletons, Horrors(known as abominations in WoW), Banshees(Sometimes undead sometimes not), Ghosts, specters, poltergeists(my spelling is horrible), flesh golems( not really considered undead and when it would be is closer to horror idea) etc. there is alot of options. tho leaders/generals/heroes would most likely be vamps, ghouls or liches or maybe undead angelisk type I believe in heroes they refer to them as faceless(as these are the types considered to have an intelligence capable of free will).

You can also make them extremely customizabl,e the default would be human based undead, of course, but you could make upgrades of troops like zombie/ghoul/skele minotaurs for beefy infantry. Horror ogre/cyclops/behemoth/lotresk troll for upgraded Siege attackers instead of using battering rams or siege towers and or horror ogre/cyclops/behemoth/lotresk troll rock throwers. Wraith centaurs for cavalry or worg/ dire wolflike creatures. Then theres Skele/Spectral/black dragon is common undead dragons or you could have lich dragons(dracoliches). Elven Vampires(sor more selerity[speed]) prolly best for archers, or caster rangers, being able to do required movements and speech for faster casting. Poltergeist Sirens/Dryads for support Demoralizing enemies. Ghost dwarfs for buffing armies with ghost armor, learning to craft armor weapons and engineer with spectral goop(the name eludes me right now although i wanna say protoplasm).

There isnt a game ive come across that goes this indepth with undead, and I would really like to see it done. If you wanted to keep it simple but have a lil depth u could just do it with kings/heroes/generals where u can pick an undead of a few diff races, like lich human, ghoul minotaur, vamp elf, etc.

I would not use undead orcs, as most fantasy myth has orcs as demon blood decent, and combining these 2 templates propurly would make most undead orc combos OP, and to nerf it just to have it would demean orcs as a race, unless u used them as only a hero option, even then idk.

A note on minotaurs, plz go with the were-esk(bipedal bull, 3rd ed D&D) minotaur, and not the half-man half bull thing, where is bull legs and head and arms and chest are man, this way of doing minotaurs is just crappy looking. Also plz do not go with the WoW tauren hunchback version of a minotaur. I'm a Taurus to the bone, and i take the look of minotaurs seriously, lol.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Not going to make a long text but i'd prefer Dwarves, Undead and Nords (viking styles faction) then addtinioally humanish factions. one based on the tribal culture of egypt, one of Aztec/Mayan culture perhaps?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Hey, PhoenixRajoNight: I love this idea. I wasn't so exicted about undead before, but this is really original. Being able to custimize your troops like this would give the undead something unique as a race.

Maybe the undead could come from across the western ocean, in a sort of land of the dead? They could have excellent ships, invading the coastlines of Mythador, and settling on various islands.

For the background of the undead, there could be a reference to Egyptian myth, where you have different parts of your soul. One part could go to this dreary, fog covered land of the dead. There could be some story about how things are changing, and now the dead can enter the rest of the world (maybe because of the manipulations of wizards?).

But the leaders of the undead shouldn't be all knowing dark lord type people; just the leaders of a race, like any other. Of course, it might not seem that way to the living races...

My two cents.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

dont think dwarves will use magic, they use technology, basicly their the steampunk faction if i've understood things correctly.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

grumil has fair reputation

This is dawn of magic, so i like another magic race.

Now there is only 1 magic race, the elf, so it could be the reverse of the elf race, an agressive evil magic race.

And the evilest race is the Devil or Demon race.

DEMON RACE

Black and red legions of horned and tailed demons.

THE HOMELAND

Could be a volcano and a moon like landscape, no tree no animals, the demons gather their resources from minerals and small volcanos fires.

The walls made of black volcano stones.

THE ARMIES

The armies could be aggresive,strong and expensive units with high attack and speed values, but little armors.

- Workers: small demons faun like, with goat legs.

- Lancers: demons armed with long tridents

- Swordmans: demons armed with black scimitars or fire scimitars

- Cavalry: demons mount a big 3 head dogs like Cerberus, or just battalions of 3 head dogs, nobody mount them.

- Archers: longbow demons that shoot fire arrows

- Sourcerers: a balrog like battalions, (demons armed with fire whip) that can heal other units.

- Formations: 2 formations, like elves, 1 for defense and another for speed and attack.