Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread - Page 78 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Other Faction Would You Like to See?
Dragons 81 16.60%
Dark Elves 30 6.15%
Vikings / Nords 71 14.55%
Undead 128 26.23%
Dwarves 122 25.00%
Minotaurs 33 6.76%
Other 21 4.30%
Gnomes (tech!) 2 0.41%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Abister has a default reputation

I like the idea of Minotaurs, that'd be pretty awesome to play bull headed people. I wonder if they'd be able to have satyrs or centaurs as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

The myths are different for many Games

Dark Elves
Drow
Shadow Elves
Night Elves

Depending on which lore you use for a game you will end up with different choices

but usually Dwarfs are very very different from Elves as they are usually described as small and roundly people with very strong arms
while Dark Elves are usually described as little smaller than High Elves but still slim and athletic people

means they are pretty different
so I dont think they can be called the same

of course this is always depending on the lore you use

and yes undead are pretty much a subclass to any other race as they are pretty much not bound to a race
they are just corpses from all races after all xD

Greetz
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Hassie has a default reputation
Default More Continents for a new race(s)

I think adding 2-4 more races would be near perfect. Considering the Dwarf Land already has 2 regions, adding in some city entrances built into the mountain faces and making them a playable race would be really fun.

I really think once ships have been added in, and if they do add in new races likes Minotaurs, Undead, Dark Elves and/or any other race on the list or even on on the list, they should have ports that take your army to another continent. Dark Elves splitting off from their cousins thousands of years ago and going to a new land infested with the Undead Horde and Kingdom of the Minotaur would increase the map size, and not dig at the story they have set in place on this continent we are on now.

Adding 3 or 4 races (4 if you add the Dwarf Kingdom into the current continent) and the others onto a separate, darker continent would add so much depth to the game. Adding some races like Dark Elves though, may make some problems that should maybe already exist with Elves and Orcs. Would they even let an Elf Army enter their city to sell goods/livestock, recruit, heal or train?

I love the idea and I think this game is really a one of a kind in so many great ways. I love the idea of Undead the most since Dragons and Elves can already be seen, and used in your army. Undead Armies could nullify archers with their skeleton low class troops, meaning people couldn't make 55-60 archer unit armies. I hope they plan on adding more content to this game because I plan on playing this game for a good long time, and adding races, adds excitement and forces people to think new strategies.

Here is hoping they do it
Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 AM

satyrion has a default reputation

gief undead we need some more dark fantasy
evil dudes ftw:P
Old 10-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyrion View Post
gief undead we need some more dark fantasy
evil dudes ftw:P
Least we got orcs... not totally evil but hey they love to attack people

And those dwarf lands are crying out to have a dwarf race added to settle in.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote: "I really think once ships have been added in, and if they do add in new races likes Minotaurs, Undead, Dark Elves and/or any other race on the list or even on on the list, they should have ports that take your army to another continent."

Having another continent sounds good; if we add another race in an area that's already overcrowded with elves, orcs, and men, it could seriously mess the place up.

Maybe if a new race or two lived in that huge, unexplored land to the north of the sea...

Also: if dragons are added, they shouldn't just live in the volcano land (I have no clue how to spell it, so don't even ask); maybe an area to the south could be added, a tropical coast where dragons are in constant warfare with another human civilization (which resembles Arabic or Indian culture instead of European).
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Kahotep has a default reputation

I know I said earlier I'd like an Amazonian-type civilization of warrior women who rode dinosaurs, but I was just being silly (though it would still be cool IMO). Seriously, however, I agree that the expansion pack needs to add a southern tropical region to Mythador. I propose the following races:

* Ifrit, a magical race who are somewhat like elves but live in the desert and have a Middle Eastern-like culture. Like their mythological namesakes, they could have the power to turn their enemies into animals.
* Lizardmen, a warlike race of anthropomorphic reptiles who live in the jungle and have a Mesoamerican-style culture with a religious oriented around blood sacrifices.
* A second human civilization, except based on ancient Africa (Egypt, Nubia, Mali, etc.) rather than medieval Europe.

I don't know about making dragons a playable race. They're more like wild animals than a civilized race IMO.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Wow, I can't even believe people are still posting on this, that's pretty cool. (Just had to say it.)

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Wow, I can't even believe people are still posting on this, that's pretty cool. (Just had to say it.)
Yeah, its only been, what, 3 years?

But hey; new races is a big deal; and no need to make a new thread when this is here.

And Kahotep, I agree. Tropical is good!

Last edited by Dreamwalker : 10-11-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

Not in the poll (voted Undead btw) but why does nobody mention Lizardmen? I mean, come on we have a southern area on the worldmap that even starts with three "S" that cries out for some Lizardmen hissing this.

Although undead would be fine :P