Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Other Faction Would You Like to See?
Dragons 81 16.60%
Dark Elves 30 6.15%
Vikings / Nords 71 14.55%
Undead 128 26.23%
Dwarves 122 25.00%
Minotaurs 33 6.76%
Other 21 4.30%
Gnomes (tech!) 2 0.41%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Nice Pic! Suppose it makes sense if they're evil. Not original but probably the best bet.
An elegant evil faction... you don't hear much about those now d'ya
Old 05-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
you don't hear much about those now d'ya
Suppose u dont.
(Desperatly trying to come up with an elegant race)
Dark Eldar? Maybe not that much elegancy but pure evilness (And lots of gore)

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

gore gore gore what do u have with gore man
Old 05-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty sure he means Al Gore.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 05-25-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Shozen has a default reputation

dark elves are famous for fighting each others and assassinate one another to get power over the city.. and thats the major reason why they are not making war with the rest of the world (in the forgotten realms setting)

So it could be nice if instead of having a city per player, there could be one or two huge Dark elves cities in the world and you would control a district in the city. So you could be fighting against other districts to conquer them and some of them could eventually form an alliance.. and then turn on each other etc..

The difficutly level would be raised but then again.. it's a harsh world down there
Old 05-24-2008, 04:36 PM

olauwers has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
New winter theme, snowy blizzards etc, northern winter men, sort of like vikings. Human, not dwarf* very snowy dark stone walls. with a gate that would be more like a draw bridge and crush to kill anyone under it when it opens. new willy mammoths animals to hunt for food and or train into war mammoths loadable by archers.

Dwarves.

thats my wish list for dof2 or a xpack
Agreed. Especially the mammoths. They own. :d
I think their cities should be built in caves and mountains, though. Which would make it more difficult to take them, but once you're in, it's difficult for the enemy to get out.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by olauwers View Post
Agreed. Especially the mammoths. They own. :d
I think their cities should be built in caves and mountains, though. Which would make it more difficult to take them, but once you're in, it's difficult for the enemy to get out.
i dont thin the enemy is gonna want to get out once they are in
Old 05-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
I'm pretty sure he mean Al Gore.
Nope i meant gore......

and to Esculas: He didnt meant that the enemys wanted to get out,
but the people living in the cave would probably want that

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 06-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

i got some ideas too for new races 1 evil and 1 good army ^^

evil army: Demons, they would have undead subunits wall look like there on fire scorch the land they pass, something like that still thinking about subfeatures for them but im not getting paid for that . Powerfull unit would be one big ass strong demon or that. Maybe have their catapults shoot the heads of the people they killed before for intimidating reasons?? dunno .

good army: well angels . giving them walls wich are constanly covered in bright heavenly light. having subunits like unicorns and stuff, only the purest creatures or so. powerfull unit tadada big ass angel .

just some ideas .
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Good ideas Raving, and I'm going to criticize the ideas, but please take it as constructive. I like the idea of the races, but there are challenges we would have to go through to make them work, and thats why I put in my feedback, because if you can get through those barriers, we might have something we can work with.

Angels idea gives me pause. We haven't really set down a religion system in DoF, I would say we would go for a D&D type god system where there are numerous gods if we did put them in. As I said before, we have no divine/religious type units in the game yet such as Paladins, Clerics, Monks ect. So I would approach the idea of having a race like Angels with caution.

Demons though also a religious idea, are also a huge base in fantasy, fiends, devils and other types of demon are alway included in novels and games. Again it's difficult to make a race out of them, Demons are usually very powerful on their own and having an army of them seems hard in terms of balancing. We could make demon units the same caliber as humans/orcs/elves but in the minds of most players it wouldn't seem right that a human warrior can stand toe to toe with a huge hulking demon.

So it would be to find different challenges for the user when choosing a race like demons. We had to do this for Dragons, because we are dealing with massively powerful creatures, we want them to be like that in the game. With Dragons it was creating different types of creatures that were still dragon-ish, but without all the powers, such as flight/fire breathing/being gigantic and limiting the units that are like that. We have units like Drakes which to people can be the equivilent of other races foot soldiers, then we have other units like a lindwyrm that can be the equivilent of 3-5 units but will take you a lot more resources and more time to make. But we also put in large units like the Royal Dragon, which can fly/breathe fire/is gigantic, but it would be VERY difficult to have an entire army of Royal Dragons.

Demons would have to have a number of disadvantages, which could be believable. For one I would have them not have buildings, this is basically because Demons are generally from different planes of existance and need to be summoned. So I would have minor units say... Imps, that would summon your units, as the Imp levels up, the stronger a demon it can summon. Leaving that kind of power in the hand of a unit that cannot really defend itself presents a challenge to the player, because if your level 20 imp that can summon anything dies, you cannot summon your powerful units. I'm not saying that Demons would have no buildings at all, but pretty much limit them to camps with weak walls, you wouldn't have demon fortresses.

Another thing would be the fact that most demons have inherent magical abilities. I would say that each demon would not get more spells as they progress, they would be stuck with what they had. This would present challenges in spell battles for them. Lastly I'd probably make some minor demons that could be classed as heavy foot soldiers, easily summoned but are basic melee units.

Last edited by Ryan Zelazny : 06-03-2008 at 12:06 PM.