Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Other Faction Would You Like to See?
Dragons 81 16.60%
Dark Elves 30 6.15%
Vikings / Nords 71 14.55%
Undead 128 26.23%
Dwarves 122 25.00%
Minotaurs 33 6.76%
Other 21 4.30%
Gnomes (tech!) 2 0.41%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2008, 08:16 AM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
I want undead with hordes of cheap units that can be ressurected when they die by necromancer type units and dwarves with alot of ale and gunpowder weapons (canons maybe )
Old 05-17-2008, 08:50 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

pfft. cannons are a must if my fanatasy
Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I'm not so sure of gunpowder in this fantasy RTS, unless it's uncommon and not always foolproof
Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I'm not so sure of gunpowder in this fantasy RTS, unless it's uncommon and not always foolproof
Agree. Gunpowder isnt that "Realistic" in a fantasy altough if it's uncommon and has a pretty big change of blowing up in the gunner's That's fun

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 AM

Gothmog82 has a default reputation

Firstly i'd like to wave at everyone in this forum, i'm a new member and as all of u i can't wait for the release of this game.Forgive me 4 my bad english, i knw it is't very good!

On my opinion let's increase the "dark" Factions, but dark elves are almost abused in fantasy games!The idea of Vikings or Nords is good as it is the one of undead...but what about mix the 2?Anyone has read "A Song of fire and Ice" by George RR Martin?

These barbarians could adore dark ancient Gods, and their sorcerers could summon (or convert dead units in) zombie-like creatures and so on..
Old 05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Hmm well firstly id like to welcome u
And secound: belive me u have good english
and third: i havent read the book but it sounds like a nice race especially since Vikings are distant relatives to me.
Im Swedish

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmog82 View Post
Firstly i'd like to wave at everyone in this forum, i'm a new member and as all of u i can't wait for the release of this game.Forgive me 4 my bad english, i knw it is't very good!

On my opinion let's increase the "dark" Factions, but dark elves are almost abused in fantasy games!The idea of Vikings or Nords is good as it is the one of undead...but what about mix the 2?Anyone has read "A Song of fire and Ice" by George RR Martin?

These barbarians could adore dark ancient Gods, and their sorcerers could summon (or convert dead units in) zombie-like creatures and so on..
Welcome Gothmog,

Dark Elves would be a great faction in my opinion, i'm a huge R.A. Salvatore fan, and our "fantasy direction" if you will is mostly D&D based, so you could be assured that it would be done right. With the technology to have underground stuctures in DoF, i'm sure Dark Elves would be something we could really run with. However I'm not sure how well they would work as an add-on as we already have an elven faction and some players might find them too similiar. Though for people who have read about them will argue they can be quite different.

The Barbarians would be a good idea as well, I'm sure the writers could do a lot with that, also having a Divine sort of magic rather than Arcane could also give you a much different gameplay style.

Currently we don't have a divine magic style, and I think going forward into DoF 2, it will be something we'll add. Clerics, Paladins, Shamans and Monks are all really huge Fantasy classes that we currently don't employ, so it's definately something we will be thinking about for the next DoF installment.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

waves at Gothmog
hmm... Dark Elves, I like that! A faction based on rituals, peculiar demons, and uses more technology then the current Elves. I'm thinking crossbows, long dark blades, hellish demons, gothic architecture...
Old 05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

A Dark Elves/Dwarves combo could be great for a potential expansion. Two new underground races, one good, one evil.

I know there's been a lot of undead talk here but maybe they could be incorporated into the Dark Elven fluff which would also help to differentiate the D. Elves from "regular" ones.

A concept: Dark Elves are very powerful but few in number compared to other races. They rely on necromancy to create the bulk of their armies while actual D. Elven units are not so numerous but are very "elite". Now as an interesting mechanic the D. Elves could have dark vision and wouldn't suffer penalties during night time (when on surface) but would be disadvantaged during daytime for which they could potentially compensate with "darkness" spells (at higher levels maybe even powerful rituals which eclipse the sun or something). So typically D. Elves would stay underground during daytime and would emerge when the night falls to attack, but they could still surprise an unwary opponent with daytime attacks (supported by "globe of" darkness spells) or by simply using their undead units (which wouldn't suffer light penalties, not all of them at least). The elite D. Elven units could be powerful Mages/Necromancers and highly skilled warriors (warrior mages?) with elegant swords and crossbows coated with strong paralyzing (and other) poisons and some interesting abilities etc.

And I wouldn't mind seeing some gunpowder weapons used by the dwarves and maybe even integrating a gnome subfaction into the the dwarven race for even more exotic weaponry etc.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Dark Elves wouldn't necessarily be evil but just more secluded from the rest of society. More of a mystrious type to me than evil.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang