Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread - Page 12 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Other Faction Would You Like to See?
Dragons 81 16.60%
Dark Elves 30 6.15%
Vikings / Nords 71 14.55%
Undead 128 26.23%
Dwarves 122 25.00%
Minotaurs 33 6.76%
Other 21 4.30%
Gnomes (tech!) 2 0.41%
Voters: 488. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2008, 11:59 AM

Tomas1297 has a default reputation

Hmmmm the mages could be somhing like the warhammer mythology mages of different cyrcles...Ahhh my brain(and fingers) is exploding XD's
k im gonna draw a mage of that type since im bored.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

You carry on inventing im going to go try and find a free MMO to play (i will probably end up back on guild wars again though )
Old 07-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Tomas1297 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
You carry on inventing im going to go try and find a free MMO to play (i will probably end up back on guild wars again though )
Yeah try a MMO.Tip: Dont try ballerium!

EDIT:k i finished drawing.It looks like a necromancer-chaos sorceror-battle mage.

Last edited by Tomas1297 : 07-13-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Oh, you two stop posting so much! Jeez it's bad when 2 members are on at the same time... and I didn't really get much from that all either.

Quote:
*cought cought*Lizardmen are bad at metalworking and gold is easyer to craft.Iron weapons are rare and highly valuable amongst lizardmen.
Says who? Gold would be either a valuable commodity, and therefore only used as ceremonial, or would be common as is taken in Warhammer and then they would realise it's ornamental and aesthetic value, but that it was too weak for armour. I'm sure that they would have some sort of Obsidian to use anyway.

I think that Reverie should stay away from the black & white area of Good and Bad. This game could be unique, in recognising that no race is Good because their sole intentions are selfish and self-centred. They all want to further they own races, which is often at the expense of the other races as they are mutually exclusive. Even the 2 factions thought to be Good, Men and Elves, have conflicts. As is with Orcs and Dragons. That is why I think there should be no Light/Dark allignment of any faction. Spell Casters can choose to follow Death or Life, but no faction should be considered Evil or Good. Some factions may have some noble intentions, but then taint this with bad deeds. Eg. Elves in Lord of the Rings, you'd take to be good, but the Noldor committed the first kin-slaying and so therefore were they that Good? Certainly not...
What I'm trying to get at is that Reverie should now not limit themselves to say, in an expansion, make a grand total of 3 Good Factions and 3 Evil ones. It's not necessary, and that all Factions should be considered neither. It would allow for better, more creative ideas.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Oh, you two stop posting so much! Jeez it's bad when 2 members are on at the same time... and I didn't really get much from that all either.

Says who? Gold would be either a valuable commodity, and therefore only used as ceremonial, or would be common as is taken in Warhammer and then they would realise it's ornamental and aesthetic value, but that it was too weak for armour. I'm sure that they would have some sort of Obsidian to use anyway.

I think that Reverie should stay away from the black & white area of Good and Bad. This game could be unique, in recognising that no race is Good because their sole intentions are selfish and self-centred. They all want to further they own races, which is often at the expense of the other races as they are mutually exclusive. Even the 2 factions thought to be Good, Men and Elves, have conflicts. As is with Orcs and Dragons. That is why I think there should be no Light/Dark allignment of any faction. Spell Casters can choose to follow Death or Life, but no faction should be considered Evil or Good. Some factions may have some noble intentions, but then taint this with bad deeds. Eg. Elves in Lord of the Rings, you'd take to be good, but the Noldor committed the first kin-slaying and so therefore were they that Good? Certainly not...
What I'm trying to get at is that Reverie should now not limit themselves to say, in an expansion, make a grand total of 3 Good Factions and 3 Evil ones. It's not necessary, and that all Factions should be considered neither. It would allow for better, more creative ideas.
My point exactly good and evil does not exist! its just a persons perception of it, nothing is truly black or white unless your really narrow minded, even the best of people have some dark deeds or thoughts at least so no-one is truly evil or good
Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
My point exactly good and evil does not exist! its just a persons perception of it, nothing is truly black or white unless your really narrow minded, even the best of people have some dark deeds or thoughts at least so no-one is truly evil or good
Humanity’s perception of good and evil is to relative to distinguish between the two since both are corrupted by greed, lust, and religion of this world. It does not mean that there is not a divinity of good out there; just for the masses of people they can not see it when they are shrouded by other things of this world.

About the good and evil in dof, I can not say much at this time; one thing I will say is that I would not expect Orcs to be cute, cuddly, and polite.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

ahahaha *has image of orc trying to use puppydog eyes*

A well rehearsed arguement joseph its too good for me to continue, i just refuse to see dark elves as evil they may be corrupt, they may use death magic, they may have bad aspects but im not gonna change my mind
Old 07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was by no means cute or cuddly, but polite nonetheless with a good heart and noble deeds. Beauty is skin deep
Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
The Hunchback of Notre Dame was by no means cute or cuddly, but polite nonetheless with a good heart and noble deeds. Beauty is skin deep
A very good interpretation Puppeteer. cogratulations you get an A.
I agree totally... but are we not going off the topic a little?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

What was the topic again?