Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Subscriptions Based - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

gerdon has a default reputation
Default Subscriptions Based

Is this game going to be subscription bases or f2p with microtransactions?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

The game will be a one-time payment, no subscriptions. There will be microtransactions but these will be entirely optional and can be purchased with either cash or in-game Influence points, which can be achieved through PvP and Questing in the Online Kingdom mode.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 PM

ki adi mundi has a default reputation

i wouldnt mind putting money back into a game if its good and dof looks good
Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM

unodallakorea has a default reputation

I am very very glad that no subscription will be required, and I'll be also more than glad to invest the initial money for the game. I really do hope tho that you'll make a good microtransaction system that will not unbalance the game in favor of paying customers (which I don't exclude it could be me at some point). I've already experienced this kind of situation, and it would be a real shame if it happened to this so promising game as well.

I am realistic and I understand well enough that money-making is the primary goal here, and it's well deserved if the final product is good, but I'm also sure that "enjoyment-making" for everyone is the other real important objective
Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Pariah Drake has a default reputation

When you say "entirely optional" what does that mean exactly?

We all know games have to make money. Microtransactions are fine, depending on what you're selling.

The real issue is if the game is pay-to-win, or the microtransactions are for vanity items.

If it ends up being pay-to-win, I won't be playing.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

As our design philosophy we really hate "pay to win" aspect of other MMORTS games. In Dawn of Fantasy Influence resources - does control your progress (building speed, research e.t.c) but - it`s easy to gain it in-game by completing quests or fighting.

Sure some players may choose to buy it through micro-transactions instead - but it only gives them a way to build-up their town faster, nothing else. On top of that - our PvP is ALWAYS balanced - so you never fight opponents who are stronger than you - this also adds to this formula.

Bottom line - you don`t need to pay to enjoy the game, be successfully in PvP or unlock all the features. Buying influence does help players quickly build up their town/army to engage in PvP with stronger players.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 AM

Redhorn has a default reputation

Yeah, if you do spend the limit per day on influence points do gain uber units.. You'll only be skirmishing people spending as much to build up their army, you wont be crushing Nublets.

The guy who buys a dragon everyday wont have anyone to PvP except the other dummy who spent the same. And after the fight *lolz* One of em will be out $50 or more for one fight. Probably both of them
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
bruxar

I dont mind to pay if it's gonna be as good as it looks so far.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Pepsi Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
The game will be a one-time payment, no subscriptions. There will be microtransactions but these will be entirely optional and can be purchased with either cash or in-game Influence points, which can be achieved through PvP and Questing in the Online Kingdom mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki adi mundi View Post
i wouldnt mind putting money back into a game if its good and dof looks good
yupp. i prefer one-time payment in combination with a optional cash-shop. way better than full subscription system - for both sides, its too limited. some ppl spend way more than the average 14,99$ / month in cash shops

all cool, as long as you can't buy instant-win-buttons and i don't think we will see anything like that in DoF

(didnt have a chance to actually see it by myself, just from what i red)
Old 05-03-2011, 11:37 AM
WhileOne

Thats a sweet philosophy. I hope there is enough marketing to make this game grow =)