Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New Beta players and NDA changes. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default New Beta players and NDA changes.

Dear Forumers,

We wanted to inform you of various developments with the beta testing of the game. We`ll make a formal announcement on Thursday - but we figured our long term fans should be informed first.

3,000 new beta keys
On Thursday various game media sites will give out 3,000 CD keys. So if you still don`t have your key - this is your chance to get your key and play on the same day! Get Google with "Dawn of Fantasy + beta" search subject ready on Thursday morning, and best of luck!
We are looking forward to welcoming 3,000 new players into the game world!

Beta NDA rules are changing
This Thursday our beta forums will become open to public - and everyone will be able to participate. In addition the following NDA rules will be in place:
Can Do`s
-Players can talk about beta anywhere on the official Dawn of Fantasy forums
-Player can post screenshots of the game ONLY in the beta section of the official Dawn of Fantasy forums
Can Not`s
-Player can not post screenshots, videos, or stories about their beta experience anywhere outside of the official Dawn of Fantasy forums
-Player can not take or post any videos of the game.

Signed up but didn`t get a key?
On April 22nd we`ll let all of these who signed up on our website but didn`t get a key into the game! No hardware restrictions.

Sign-up are open again
Beta sign-up page is open again - and all the new players who sign-up will get access in the 1st week of May. We did remove hardware restrictions, and requirement for forum posts.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 04-05-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darkheart has a default reputation

Signed up but didn`t get a key?
On March 22nd we`ll let all of these who signed up on our website but didn`t get a key into the game! No hardware restrictions

march 22 ????
Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

I think he maent April 22nd. He can't go back in time yet.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Bah fixed
Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Martillo has a default reputation

Why not let all of the guys who signed up for beta, get a key, before letting thirdprty sites give out keys?
I understand that this is a way of promoting the game - But the beta should be for testing and bug fixes - and I believe you will get the best result by letting people who have been following the game for months get to it first, instead of random people who see "Oh free beta key! gimme!" - and then when they try the game, they quit because they dont like the gameplay or the graphics or stuff like that.

I think a lot of keys will be wasted, while people sit on these forums forced to wait untill the 22nd

But hopefully all the people on these forums will be fast enough to go grab a key from a third party site before they run out.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I'd point out that for most of the beta's people took that same view (i wanna play now) and most didn't give good bug reports. Congrats to teh open beta 1 folks for their bug reporting.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:23 PM

This is exactly why we have given a warning - and later on today Alex will post links to some of the websites giving out beta keys.

But hey - really April 22nd - is just over two weeks away, and these who get into the game at that point will be the lucky once - the current beta build is still really buggy

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 04-06-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 AM

If its still very buggy, it just support my idea of letting the fans play, instead of random bypassers who will quit if they find the game too anoying because of bugs (Instead of reporting them) But anyway - You are right, 2 weeks arent long, but still some time

I havent been able to find any keys on gaming sites - Only a french one, where there the link to the keys didnt work - Hopefully they wont all be gone by the time I find one

EDIT**
after translating french, german and italian sites (filled with ads I didnt understand) I got a key (From a german site)

Now to figure out how to play.. (But seriously - this is too much trouble to get a beta key, when you could just have sent one directly to everyone )

Last edited by Martillo : 04-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Martillo,

Glad you got a key! By the way - when you got a key did they also give you a link to download the game?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

*late answer* (But feel liek I should answer even though I told at some other thread xD)

I didnt get a link - And Im happy I got a key too ;D