Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

role-playing - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I don't like this idea... it's an mmorts not an mmorpg. Let it remain that way...
Too late Pupp. Reverie have already scraped their current project and have started to build their engine from scratch in order to accommodate this random suggestion. As a consequence the game has been delayed for another 5 years and even when it finally comes out it won't be the same since you'll be picking up healing potions from dead units and sending your peasants to gather alchemy ingredients. Woe is us!
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

u could use a ladder but no special abilities and u can kill enemies in 1st person like in rise and fall and be able to get on boats
Old 05-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

only thing i dont like about that is that you can just mow thru a whole army easly
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

That won't happen but the magic will be powerful.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozen View Post
It would be an awesome game if you could actually just play one hero living in the world. Exactly like Ultima Online with trade skills and all.. but with all the kingdom controlled by players.

you could give your allegiance to a king and work as a hero for his kingdom, and he could eventually give you control over some troops like you were like, a captain in his army.. and you also could help running the kingdom when the king is offline.

I think it would be awesome to play with your friends like that, all in one kingdom instead of everyone having his own. Making the world a much more lively place by having less kingdoms but more player populating each ones.. It would also appeal to a much wider range of players, hell you probably would get all the old UO hardcore players.

or you could be a rogue bandit hunting the roads for merchants like in Guilds 2.. and you could recruit some units to follow you... or you could be a merchant going from town to town making money..

It would also be cool if you could play small tribes of monsters like goblins or kobolds.. settled in the woods or a mine.. and your goal would be to harass the farmers and steal their supplies, then run back to hide in the wood. You could eventually sell your supplies to an orc kingdom and act like mercenaries for them.. This would make an mmorpg actually fun because it would replace all the stupid mobs mindlessly walking in rounds.. and the farmers would give rewards to heroes who go hunting those monsters thus replacing the boring quest system.
We did have an idea for a multiplayer gametype like this it was called Legend mode. I actually proposed it myself (yay me). Anyway, the idea was to basically make a customizable hero and have them be able to play with other players on maps in a hack/slash (think Diablo) type manor and also do quests and possibly follow a mini-storyline, all the while keeping track of your xp, gear and other things.

You would only control the single unit in this mode, however you could use your "Legend" in your MMO kingdom's army as basically an uber-hero.

Although we thought this may not do well as a game mode shipping with DoF, we thought it might work well as a Expansion, and that way people who would be interested in that type of gameplay could get it, and the others wouldn't really miss out on anything if they didn't care about that type of gameplay.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

thank u so much hope i have enough money to buy expansion pack
Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

I think all of us hailing from a different gaming background are heavily influenced by the past games we've played. Personally, I've played hundreds of games, but I personally would like this to remain a RTS through-and-through. If, adding that new mode, would mean spending less time on the actual RTS mode, then I personally would not like it. If, however, it is a bonus, then I'd love it, as I've played my fair share of RPGs. I suppose it boils down to this: the best-ever RTS; first priority, then the rest follows.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny View Post
You would only control the single unit in this mode, however you could use your "Legend" in your MMO kingdom's army as basically an uber-hero.
Would you only be able to use them against players with similarely uber heros, because if not then that would have made the game totaly imba for players that didn't play the Legend mode.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:36 PM

olauwers has a default reputation

As long as we're discussing expansion packs... Will every expansion pack/vanilla-game-combo be able to communicate, play and work with every other expansion pack-vanilla combo? Will someone with Vanilla-Chocolate be able to play with someone with Vanilla-Strawberry?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

All expansion packs will have to communicate with eachother. If we had a different MMO server for each expansion, there runs the possibility of everyone crowding one server who runs the newest expansion pack and forcing the people who only have the original game to either upgrade or stop playing. This is something we want to avoid. Plus when you see the new races and what they can do, it usually makes you want it more than just knowing the expansion is out there, so it's a marketing tool as well.

A Legend expansion pack would be a completely optional thing, yes you would have a Legend in your army and be able to face people who wouldn't have one, but it's not like your Legend can get to level 99 and a regular hero can only get to level 50. A Legend character will have the benefit of being made from any base unit, swordsman/archer/mage ect. Also he may have some buffs based on equipment you get, however he's not going to be able to single handedly destroy an army. Your normal hero -if the same level as the legend- would be pretty evenly matched.