Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Bridge ! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Staufftw has a default reputation
Default Bridge !

I don't know how it work at this moment in game, but it will be realy nice to see buildable/destroyable bridges ! I think about spot where you can build/repair it.
(Some bridges need to be unbreakable, like the one at castle door).
Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Bamboocha has a default reputation

yeah, would be an good idea, and if the soldiers came to an river, and couldn't pass, they should be able to build a weak bridge for a certain (high) price of wood. would add a little more strategic thinking if you for example are going to ambush someone :P
Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 PM

Desthin has a default reputation

by the same point shouldnt you be able to destroy "useless" bridges for a bonus?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Carnifexrex has a default reputation

this would be awesome. Not only does t open up tactical options, but c'mon, who doesnt love a good bridge burning?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

Would be pretty cool if you built a bridge and that was the only way in and out of your castle. So pretty much the battle would be for control of the bridge. This would make the game more tactical as you would have to decide to defend your castle or meet the enemy at the bridge.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Paffp has fair reputation

Well fist you would have to find a ridge or an area to build the castle, that's if you get to choose where to build it, but then your enimies would be able to build bridges themselves.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paffp View Post
Well fist you would have to find a ridge or an area to build the castle, that's if you get to choose where to build it, but then your enimies would be able to build bridges themselves.
Does that not make the game more diverse and interesting? Isn't that what you want a game to be like? In my opinion if a game is not original and just some copy of another then 99% of the time it is just complete rubbish. Adding features that will make the game more original attracts more customers. Bridges are a great idea as they can create many different tactical scenarios.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Staufftw has a default reputation

I agree with Bamboocha about the weak bridge.

Something like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paffp View Post
Castles bridges is part of the map I think (or part of the castle layout).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Does that not make the game more diverse and interesting? Isn't that what you want a game to be like? In my opinion if a game is not original and just some copy of another then 99% of the time it is just complete rubbish. Adding features that will make the game more original attracts more customers. Bridges are a great idea as they can create many different tactical scenarios.
It just need to be nerfed a bit (don't want bridge spam). But i agree, more freedom = more strategy

Last edited by Staufftw : 01-27-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

just wondering if there was some sort of siege tower device but used to get across rivers. Like a portable bridge. Instead of the top just coming down to go on a wall, the whole front lowers itself so men can cross a bridge. I think that would be something really cool.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

A couple considerations:

First, no castle is completely surround by water [aka - a moat]. The few exceptions or close situations to this are cities like Dagbor which has very strong looking stone bridges. Thus, players will never be in a situation where they can build and then hold or destroy the only bridge into their cities.

Second, rivers and streams and creeks vary in depth and width with every map, since no concept like this was put into production - meaning that it would either be way too long on some rivers or way too short on others, also, I am not sure how it would work into the whole pathfinding of units. However, in the scenario editor, I know that there is a capability to turn any object into a bridge, whether it be a fallen tree, or a vine, or a lengthy twig, or a real bridge! So, I guess there are many options for versitality, though I am not sure how this would help in the implementation of such an, er, ambitious unit [as a river crossing siege weapon].

Here is a link to a thread in which moats were discussed [keep in mind it is an older string of posts]:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1202