Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

No undead race please - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success
Default No undead race please

I don't know who it was that originally decided that zombies were part of the fantasy genre, but I know they were wrong.
They are part of the cheap horror genre. Please dont mix like other games
Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I don't know who it was that originally decided that zombies were part of the fantasy genre, but I know they were wrong.
I wouldn't worry too much about it - at the very least I believe dragons are the race most likely to be added next. Not really the sort of thing I'd know or decide about though.

As far as zombies being part of the cheap horror genre - the idea of a zombie was used in literature long before there was a cheap horror genre.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

i suppose being undead, is not much to life, a soul is needed for loving breeding I just love when Richard from looking for group "lfg is only thing about wow that rocks" sings. Anyway undead are awesome they bring so much slaughter and misery to every world they enter Also they always gain strength through battles. If it were up to me we would drop the ever horrifying elves in exchange for a less horrifying, brain eating, genocidal, never ending horde of zombies. They will make the game more child friendly Also i always wanted to play as undead in a strategy game

Last edited by blackfang : 01-12-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 01-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
If it were up to me we would drop the ever horrifying elves in exchange for a less horrifying, brain eating, genocidal, never ending horde of zombies.
Lul not the elves!
Beside i like undeads since they represent ultra evil and unique role in gameplay/fantasy.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
No offense but that's a pretty crappy argument.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

I agree thats not a good argument, but I don't like the undead in these types of games. Orcs would repersent the evil side (to me atleast). I shouldn't say that the undead shouldn't be in the game they just shouldn't be there own race/faction (thats too many shouldn'ts). I think they should be a summoned creature.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Well the undeads are perfect if they are correct, like for instance the undead are not all evil. And the brain eaters can be the backbone eating the half dead that the main army of skeletons took down. Undeads could be very magic based and no real power magic but lots of revival and creation spells Also the undeads might even bring fear to players. I mean a good army of undeads should be able to continue onwards forever if played correctly but their armies are normally weak. Also undeads are the most awesome thing possible to use in a game!!! nothing can beat them!!! So if you ever need a tester for it i would HAPPILY volunteer Undeads are the most awesome creatures on any game possible, tough i dont like the ghost part from lotr. But every other undead is AWESOME!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

tbh i dont realy think that this side has any evil sides. As they all have there own thing. Orcs are stong yet slightly lacking on the intelect but are not all evil. Men are just the jack of all trades master of none, which can be evil if it wanted. and elves nature loving but rather 'up there own backside' as it were. all 3 races could be evil and all 3 could be good so it would be best to get the point of good and evil races out of yer head, because ultimatly you choose whos good and evil. the way i see it Orcs have poor land all they want is somewhere where it is an easier life style, humans just want to expand and elves want to keep there society intact yet all races must do evil things to get them this but thjey can do good things to
Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

well, i think of myself as an evil player that is why i choose elves as the worst. That and their... special way with manners and walking and talking. They seem kinda not totally aware of their sexual alignment so they are currently at the bottom of my list since i prefer evil over feminism, not that i have anything against them because i do not. i just prefer the evil races
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
No offense but that's a pretty crappy argument.
its actually pretty simple if you genuinely don't want people to take offence. you just don't post offensive comments like that. I'm sure you are smart enough to phrase that respectfully if you really try. Don't put yourself down Jean.

Anyway.. if you want to say that you don't find my argument convincing then fair enough.
Just imagine the epic lord of the rings film and replace orcs with human zombies. If you imagine aragorn charging into the battlefiend and cutting off groaning zombies heads then it just doesn't fit. There is no scientific explanation for why something doesn't fit, but the two genres just don't mix convincingly in my opinion.

Although orcs and magic don't exist, its fun to stretch your imagination. Animated corpses just seem a bit too unrealistic to me and stop me being caught up in it all.

A race of giant pink rabbits wouldn't fit either, but it is impossible to explain why they look fine in pokemon but not here. Mixing genres just often looks wrong and ruins the effect.