Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit Limit? - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I believe he's right, it is a low number to my knowledge
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Great...

But ohh well!

I can't wait for the beta release.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 PM

Erandur has a default reputation

Awchie, 1000 units... How long does it take to make that? ^^ Just to see them all get killed in 30-45 (?) minutes... Me like! Especially if I'm the one who killed them all.

It would be nice if corpses remained on the battlefield for a while though... I love watching the battlefield after a huge battle, corpses all overthe place, heh.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

They do, to my knowledge. And you can loot them for resources (I believe)
Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

kronlc has a default reputation

When you have 1000 units it should be you
thats doing the killing not your men getting killed
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronlc View Post
When you have 1000 units it should be you
thats doing the killing not your men getting killed
Depends what your enemy(s) have, if they have a full army ( also depends on their upgrades and skills ) the victor will be the better commander and how well you can control your units and their abilities.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

My argument for the idea, of having more then 1 thousend as army limit:

Eventhought, i dont know if this is still discussable, as Reverie maybe already have made up their mind. But if it would be possible to change this, i think it should be possible to have as large army as you can handle, instead of limiting it. The game wont go on in the length.. because and some point of time, you will have total of everything, total of resources, total of soldiers, total upgraded fortress. And what point will it then be to do all these quests and stuff, where you get resources which you dont really need, as you already have everything. In the length it will just get boring. But if you're able to build more troops it will be a whole other concept.. Ofcourse it should be balanced and stuff, as for example a player should be able to turtle up and breed huge armies. You should only get access to build large armies trough expanding and conquering. This is ofc about the MMO part, the skirmish part should ofc be different. But as the mmo part is a extremly long game, you'll need to see how the gameplay will be after months of playing.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVeron View Post
My argument for the idea, of having more then 1 thousend as army limit:

Eventhought, i dont know if this is still discussable, as Reverie maybe already have made up their mind. But if it would be possible to change this, i think it should be possible to have as large army as you can handle, instead of limiting it. The game wont go on in the length.. because and some point of time, you will have total of everything, total of resources, total of soldiers, total upgraded fortress. And what point will it then be to do all these quests and stuff, where you get resources which you dont really need, as you already have everything. In the length it will just get boring. But if you're able to build more troops it will be a whole other concept.. Ofcourse it should be balanced and stuff, as for example a player should be able to turtle up and breed huge armies. You should only get access to build large armies trough expanding and conquering. This is ofc about the MMO part, the skirmish part should ofc be different. But as the mmo part is a extremly long game, you'll need to see how the gameplay will be after months of playing.
Extremely long? ongoing i would have said but your idea is probably good, except for you wouldnt still be doing quests if you had no need of them would you? that would be dull then it is time for total conquest!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Well, yeah but quests are gonna be updated all the time, as i recall reverie stated.. But doing conquering against other ppl, will demand alot more then just 1000 troops, and i bet you wont send all of them leaving ur home defendless.

The only problem with this.. is.. that it will contain some serious of lag for some battles, but then i would suggest, rather then lower the unit limit in general, instead limit the units in a battle.. I mean if its not limited how many units you can have by battle already.. the game will contain some serious of lag anyways. because you're gonna have allies fight side by side with you, i presume?

I'd say, make the units much more expensive then they're now, so ppl will be more careful about then and rather want to save the troops to fight another day then just send them to slaughter. The idea of having a massive army isnt really going well with only 1K as it is now.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I'd personally say that 500 is enough especially if it's 2 on 2. There will be more than enough units, though, regardless of what they decide.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang