Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit Limit? - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Mikey Mikey is offline
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 72
Mikey has a default reputation
Default

ok thanks
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
aVeron aVeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden, närke
Posts: 93
aVeron has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
10k per army seems a little extreme like the total war series its kinda chaotic there is alot of lag and not enuf strategy there are a few things you can do but mostly its a blood bath
Not enought strategy you say? well.. abit offtopic, but the totalwar series is the most strategy game there has ever been.. It's supose to be chaotic, its supose to be bloody..

Eitherhow.. like i've stated before, i dont expect to fight battles with thousends and thousends of troops, in this game.. But I would sure as hell want to have the option to overwhelm my opponent in some situation.. Hmm.. The game will defently go on when the limit stops in 1.000.. I got several arguments why the game should have more..

I read somewhere on the homepage, that the game will allow players to buy new units, with some sort of premium account.. If that still is the case..
Then lets say you have limited your amount of units(1.000) and you've desided to buy new units to the roster.. hm.. well then you unfortuntly need to sacrifice some of your current units just to get those new ones.. and as you want several of those new units, you need to sacrifice tons of units..
Hmm well.. then its back to age of empires game play habits and warcraft3..
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
cherbui cherbui is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 40
cherbui has a default reputation
Default

like real troops does it mean food consumption would play a roll ? i mean having a limit of 1000 or increasing that amount makes it harder to feed more troops.. wouldnt it be possibe to wining a fight by just starving ur enemies ? lol if food were to play a roll ? hehe
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
aVeron aVeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden, närke
Posts: 93
aVeron has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbui View Post
like real troops does it mean food consumption would play a roll ? i mean having a limit of 1000 or increasing that amount makes it harder to feed more troops.. wouldnt it be possibe to wining a fight by just starving ur enemies ? lol if food were to play a roll ? hehe
Hmm. thats a nice idea in my opinion.. better then limiting the amount of troops.. if you have a large army.. you better have a large amount of food or else they starv.. probobly hard to implement, but would be cool
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVeron View Post
Hmm. thats a nice idea in my opinion.. better then limiting the amount of troops.. if you have a large army.. you better have a large amount of food or else they starv.. probobly hard to implement, but would be cool
that would be amazing be cool to starve them out they walls. although it wouldnt work on a costal city tho prob have food being shiped in
if thats even possible
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVeron View Post
Not enought strategy you say? well.. abit offtopic, but the totalwar series is the most strategy game there has ever been.. It's supose to be chaotic, its supose to be bloody..

Eitherhow.. like i've stated before, i dont expect to fight battles with thousends and thousends of troops, in this game.. But I would sure as hell want to have the option to overwhelm my opponent in some situation.. Hmm.. The game will defently go on when the limit stops in 1.000.. I got several arguments why the game should have more..

I read somewhere on the homepage, that the game will allow players to buy new units, with some sort of premium account.. If that still is the case..
Then lets say you have limited your amount of units(1.000) and you've desided to buy new units to the roster.. hm.. well then you unfortuntly need to sacrifice some of your current units just to get those new ones.. and as you want several of those new units, you need to sacrifice tons of units..
Hmm well.. then its back to age of empires game play habits and warcraft3..
no worries man its not aom
all units cost 1 pop so its not
make a myth unit it cost 6 pop and now u cant make 6 other 1 pop units
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 AM
LordSlayer LordSlayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 306
LordSlayer has a default reputation
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy View Post
no worries man its not aom
all units cost 1 pop so its not
make a myth unit it cost 6 pop and now u cant make 6 other 1 pop units
Yes that's porbably true, but their probably will be some sort of hard unit cap for some units (royal dragons) and the different race don't have the some pop cap (dragons have the smallest and orcs the biggest).
__________________
[CENTER]There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt ...[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Neotyguy40 Neotyguy40 is offline
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 411
Neotyguy40 has a default reputation
Default

I don't want a unit limit I want to have a lot of royal dragons!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

I think you will get a max of 3 or so.
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Esculas the Mighty Esculas the Mighty is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: States :D
Posts: 505
Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
I think you will get a max of 3 or so.
i want u to come in with a army of royal dragons lol
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.