Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit Limit? - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

1,000 sounds like a good round number. I don't think I've played many games where you can create that many guys, guy for guy. Sounds like plenty.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

1000 troops is plenty guys, any more and you would be sure to lag.

What is the point in having 10000 troops guys? I mean if so then there wont be all too much strategy in it, it would just be carnage.

And yeah i may be a bit of a turtle myself but i still agree that there must be ways of preventing this such as turtles being disavantaged by not having as much resources as attackers.

That was a bit of a downfall in Stronghold, you could turtle so easily and it wouldnt matter because all your resources were safe in your base.

While having players who mainly attack or mainly defend does add a lot of fun to the game it can also make it drag on a bit
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 AM

aVeron has a default reputation

Ehm.. i understand you, 10.000 of troops in one battle is abit extreme.. But to have 10.000 in your kingdom totally.. i wouldnt say is pointless.. If your a superior power then you dont just have 1 000 troops..

As i said in another thread, when you conquer others you should gain a high unit limitation.. and in one battle there could be a limitation of units, instead..

Because your gonna end up with atleast 5-6 000 in a battle when you got friends fighting with you.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

Wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 when we get dwarves... the dwarves are like... the spartans dude.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash12181987 View Post
Wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 when we get dwarves... the dwarves are like... the spartans dude.

Well, the red capes and round shields,, yea,, but they are still short and hairy.

jk lol.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 07-17-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Well, the red capes and round shields,, yea,, but they are still short and hairy.

jk lol.
omg i imagined a drawf on 300 3ft huge 8pack shield bigger than he
kicking a elf into a well xD

yea but if your a super power you may need alot more troop considering even if your peacefull or not as bad as the last superpower your gonna be hated and challenged by like 8 different nations at the same time
Old 07-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

just do like you have a map limit of 50000 or so and a tactical batlle limit of 1000-500
so u have more troops to defend but cant let them attack al at the same time on the same posion
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVeron View Post
Ehm.. i understand you, 10.000 of troops in one battle is abit extreme.. But to have 10.000 in your kingdom totally.. i wouldnt say is pointless.. If your a superior power then you dont just have 1 000 troops..

As i said in another thread, when you conquer others you should gain a high unit limitation.. and in one battle there could be a limitation of units, instead..

Because your gonna end up with atleast 5-6 000 in a battle when you got friends fighting with you.
there should be a defenders pop cap so it wont count towards yours offensive army
alot people are aggresive and would prob have some dream to control everyone in the region your gonna need lots of defenders
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Mikey has a default reputation

I think that 1000 is is fine its a good middle number but it would be nice if we could have like say for each town or level or how ever you guys are planing on doing it you get say an extra army slot and army's are 1000 troops max so if you a super power like someone said you wouldint have 1000 troops guarding over 10 citys and ever more forts and the troops at 10k per army seems a little extreme like the total war series its kinda chaotic there is alot of lag and not enuf strategy there are a few things you can do but mostly its a blood bath and on the other hand 100 seems to low like in war craft 3 its mostly a few small battles and your done both good games but both ideas don't seem to work for this

and quick question if you have the max troops from your last battle and attack a smaller nation wont it be unfair because you'll have a thousand troops and he will have what 100 wont that cause some rushing to happen and make the battles to easy
Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

To the second part.... Its been said in another post (or 2) that new players wont be able to be attacked (newbie protection=D). And based on some of those screenshots it doesnt seem like it would be long till you yourself have a nice size army.
EDIT* Grammar=s

Last edited by Mrdash : 07-23-2008 at 02:17 AM.