Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment Method / Fee - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What payment method do you prefer?
Monthly Fee (10$-15$) 22 21.57%
Free 45 44.12%
Item Mall 22 21.57%
I prefer other method as exlpained below 13 12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 AM

GrandOp has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhorn View Post
Fact:

The best quality games that have stood the test of time are P2P monthly fee.

All you micro-trans supporters, go play magic the gathering.

not fact, only opinion...

there been ton of games that dont use p2p monthly fee, and have done greate. Ye i understand that games like, WoW do great with the monthly fee, but thats only becouse its a well made game 'i dont like wow, i think it boring' But you must understand is if this game makes a stable balanced trade system/dlc than it would be able to stand on its own without relieing on the first load of cash from people buying the main game.

Well anyway, this thread has no point really now. its been stated over and over agean how the game going to be sold.

Last edited by GrandOp : 05-13-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Redhorn has a default reputation

If I asked you to name one would you say Evony? or maybe Dreamlords?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 AM

GrandOp has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhorn View Post
If I asked you to name one would you say Evony? or maybe Dreamlords?
im going to sound totally random for saying this, but im going to say counter strike. hell. it still on steam top ten best salers, and its been out for ages lol. ye. i bet you were not expecting me to say that ^.^

its been doing so well due to the fact its go tons of free stuff. But do understand im not saying that this game 'dof' should go free, that be stupid. but i am saying the system it useing now seems really good. Hopefully it get them more buyers than a p2p would have.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Alamil has a default reputation

Guild Wars docet perfect payment metod
Old 05-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Redhorn has a default reputation

Guild Wars is definitly a good example of F2P
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Snax has a default reputation

I feel item malls should not offer any competitive advantage, as would selling resources for real money, especially if the game is also charging a license and/or monthly fee. There is little worse then being forced to spend large sums of money to remain competitive in an online multiplayer game.

I always spend money on games I enjoy but find it impossible to recommend a game in which you are subject to being slayed by Captain Trustfund every other game, despite spending reasonable amounts yourself in an effort to support the publisher. I sincerely hope Dawn of Fantasy will find a nice balance between seeing acceptable returns and maintaining a fun, balanced, relatively level playing field.

I find things like charging to start a clan or to increase the amount of players it could hold works well as does charging to customize your army, flag, ect. Flat out selling guaranteed victories in which one player just has to get flogged with no hope will lead to a lot of lost customers, along with their lifetime spend on your game.

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on the game, it looks great! I hope you find a good balance on this crucial issue.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Dragonchow has a default reputation

Me...I strongly dislike a store...as time goes on and the company needs more money as the box sales are used up, they tend to let the store almost take over the game.

I'd rather see a small monthly fee if more than the box price is needed...or maybe yearly expansions.

I want the company to make a profit, but I prefer income to not intrude on the game. The only criteria for any updates and additions should be fun.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 PM

megastealer has a default reputation

Sorry for those of you who don't like an item store, but for those of us who work 2 jobs, do volunteer work, and other things in RL every day don't have the time to sit down and accrue items like you all do, we still want to play with everyone.

So if you have the time to grind and sit down and accrue the items, great, you can do that. But for those of us who can't and are willing to pay for these things, that gives us the option to stay competitive.

My main job is being in the Air Force, and there are just times that pop up in the month when I can't play. A monthly fee just makes me feel like I am wasting my money and I will quit the game at that point.

F2P after buying the game and a fair item store is definitely the way to go. Guild Wars was indeed a great example. Skill, not grind.

Last edited by megastealer : 05-29-2011 at 10:38 PM.